Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATED ** BASE GAME or EP's Sewing Machine with Creativity Skill Points & $$

by cokenasmile Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 9:20 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:23 PM by -Maylin-

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 1:48 PM
Awsome! I've wanted this for along time. 5 stars. Thank you for this!!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:04 PM
This is a cool object..plus it doesn't need OFB (which I haven't get atm..not coz I don't like it) so I can use it right now. So original. I love getting new objects, esp those that contribute to the gameplay, like Katy76's ironing board & washing machine. Thanks for this great sewing machine. Looking forward for more of your creative creations.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:04 PM
COOL!...didn't the piano come ith the original, though?

~Sarah~
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:15 PM
wow, this is so cool! I love sewing now my sims can,too! Thank you so much and I'm really looking forward to the loom and spinning wheel!

Teenagers, they think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.-The Little Mermaid

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:16 PM
Wow! Thank you for all the hard work! A great addition to the game!

BTW, iamabub, come to think of it, the guitar and drums came with Uni, but I think we did have the piano from the beginning....now I dunno!!
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:20 PM
Very Impressed! You did a great job, will be looking foward to seething the rest of your set. Thanks for sharing this!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:20 PM
That a great idea!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:40 PM
This is just way too wicked cool! And you're working on a floor loom too? *faints from happiness*

Because the voices in my head tell me to...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:06 PM
Wow!! I have the -perfect- Sim in mind for this! Echoing other's sentiments, this really is one of the most creative uploads I've seen in a while. Thank you so much!

K.B.
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:15 PM
It looks awesome! Thanks. I can't wait until you have the rest of the set out!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:26 PM
What an inspired idea! I can't wait to try this out. Thank you!

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Instructor
#37 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:54 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much for this. Now I can have my DIY sims actually look DIY.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:58 PM
WoW! Thanks everyone for all the great feedback! I went to bed and woke up to a dozen messages LOL

I really can't remember if the piano was in the base game or with Uni, so I wanted to play it safe. It has been sooooo long since all I had was the base game, and I thought Uni added the tip jar?? Anyway, if anyone has just the base game and this works for them, I'd love to know!

cokenasmile

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:28 PM
The Upright Saloon Piano has been with us since the base game...LOL and the only reason I know that is because I only recently got the other EP's and I've had the Piano from the get go...LOL

This is a wonderful object, and I look forward to seeing more of this set...now all I need is to find a couple of dummies(dress shop dummies that is) to go with it...LOL
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:31 PM Last edited by DocHolladay : 19th Jul 2006 at 4:33 PM. Reason: correcting left out details
It was part of the base game (the piano), the perform options came up later as well as the other instruments.

But everyone is right this looks like a fantastic series. I look forward to future additions to the set.

Doc
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:38 PM
crocobaura- I’m not advanced enough yet to have them make money at it, but I’m looking into it. 

maxon- Thanks for the info about not needing CEP and Uni. I wasn’t sure and wanted to be safe.

Eliza Blane and iamabub- I really don’t know if Uni changed the piano from the base game for the perform/tip functions like the drums and guitars, but I wanted to be safe. Please let me know if it works with just the base game. LOL DocHolladay just beat me to it.

Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:34 PM
wow how creative and original. i love the detail u did an awesome job
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:52 PM
Hey,great!! I will give it 5 stars. I was really looking for this !!!
Thank you.
Scholar
#44 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 5:55 PM
I love it!! Thanks :D
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:15 PM
wow great

The kind of dirty where the water never cleans off the clothes
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#46 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:32 PM
THANK YOU! I need this for my Couture business!

you're working on a whole set? Is a dressable mannequin in the works? (hint hint ;0) )
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:35 PM
This is absolutely great!!! I love the way this looks!!!

If anyone out there knows how to make a piece of clothing appear in the Sims inventory after so many hours of sewing it would make this already fab object superior!!!

And then the clothes could be sold! How cool would that be! Creativity and money all in one!

Great job on this as it is though!!! :clap:
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:36 PM
So cute! I can't wait to get home and try it out.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:37 PM
I needed a mannequin for my Calvin Klein Outlet, but couldn't make it at the time. I will certainly add that to my to do list, and I'm sure I can make a deco item. Dressable... that will take me some more reading and research, but I'll give it a go after I finish the other items on my list. Great idea, and thanks!
~ cokenasmile

Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:39 PM
I love this with animation. Can't wait until Sims can make money sewing items with it. I was the one who originally had Bob make that first sewing machine that has no animation. I am so glad someone is into sewing like I am and can't wait to see what else you come up with for the set. I am making a quilt shop for my Sims. Thanks again!
Page 2 of 6