Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATED ** BASE GAME or EP's Sewing Machine with Creativity Skill Points & $$

by cokenasmile Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 9:20 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 1:23 PM by -Maylin-

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:39 AM
Wow, this is genius! Well done, keep it up! I simply can't wait to see what else you've got to show us :D

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:48 AM
Really great idea!!! Fantastic job. Thanks
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 10:45 AM
great idea!!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 10:53 AM
Great idea, the only payout I could think of is if at the end of a time limit, sort of like the novels, that the clothing window could pop up and you could buy 1 item of clothes for free.
Test Subject
#80 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 2:20 PM
Thanx for this, I've been looking for something like it for a longtime!
Keep up the good work!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 3:10 PM
This is gorgeous! Thank you.
Instructor
#82 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 4:11 PM
First of all this is a great idea cokenasmile! Also is a very good work!
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 5:09 PM
What a cool idea! Thank you.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#84 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cokenasmile
maxon- Thanks for the info about not needing CEP and Uni. I wasn’t sure and wanted to be safe.

You're welcome and thanks again for your efforts, this is a nice object.

You're right that the tip jar did come with Uni so if you are using that coding in any way, users WILL need the Uni EP.

I've never had the CEP in my game - it's only for recolours of objects that didn't have them originally, nearly all of which are Maxis originals. I *think* SimPE automatically makes new clones re-colourable so even though you cloned an object that wasn't recolourable in the first place, it has recolour options by default. Mind you, I'd check with Numenor or someone to be sure.

Anyway, I generally am not interested in Maxis recolours so I don't really need it. I've seen nearly every custom object recolour I've ever downloaded. The only ones I've ever had trouble with have been cars.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:34 PM
Maxon, great info and thank you. The "perform" pie menu option does come up, even though it doesn't lead anywhere, so it was my best guess that the Uni code for the tipping/performing is in there somewhere. I really am very new at this sort of thing, so I am unsure, but I'm reading a lot and trying to better the next couple items in the set. Thanks again!

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
Wow, this is so great. Big thanks.

Please excuses my bad english. I translate your language with Google
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:29 PM
What a terrific idea. I love it! Thank you.
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:45 PM
I love it!!
Field Researcher
#89 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:18 AM
thanx so much for this.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:34 AM
HI all and thanks for your comments! The floor loom is now up for those interested. I love the comments and am using them to improve what I am working on, so keep em coming!

~ cokenasmile

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:21 AM
Not sure I missed this first go-round but am psched to have found it through your loom project; it's of course been said already but big marks to you for the creativity in producing such unique and useful objects!
Test Subject
#92 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:22 AM
Wow, a mod with new animations? Sewing?

That's it, you're my favourite modder of the week. Period.

A picture becomes art, when it is drawn with emotion.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:26 AM
Chironu, I'm afraid they aren't new animations, just the ones from the piano, but the low creativity skilled sims look pretty good at the machine.

Test Subject
#94 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:23 PM
Thank you! I was going to try and make one, but now I don't have to!
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 2:46 AM
thank you so much. ive always felt that the game was a little lacking in the skill building department. keep up the good work.

sableskye
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 3:17 AM
Woohoo! This is fab! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#97 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 6:56 PM
I just wanted to say, this did not work for my game, most creators want to know if there's an error, so I want to tell you. I have University, and when I clicked on this in the buy catalog, I got a error thing and it said "Bad Gross Tree Number" so, I click reset, and it kept coming up, so I took it out, and now it works, but I wanted to let you know.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM Last edited by cokenasmile : 22nd Jul 2006 at 7:17 PM. Reason: more info
Has anyone else had this problem? It's the first I have heard of it...

Edit: I tried it on my laptop (no hacks on that unlike my main computer) and it worked ok. I don't have a clue what the error means, but would like to know if anyone else has had the error described above?

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 3:32 PM
I'll be a'wait'in for the ability to earn money and/or clothes from this. If you don't manage it, it's still a spectacular job.

For all of those who want to be able to produce clothes from this:
There is a download of a dresser somewhere (Try the search, until I can find the link) that gives you free clothing if you choose "Dig out.. Everyday/Formal/Undies/Swim/Pjs" . So unless you find the temptation too great, I suggest using that on the side. Each skillpoint earned, you can take one outfit and add another for each higher skillpoint. (ex: First skillpoint of Creativity earned gives you one outfit. Second gives you two. Third gives you three. Ect, ect.)

I'll also come back to report any errors I may have had.

Fantastic job, and good luck.

"Once again, she returns.. To the arms of her angel, angel or demon? Still, he calls her.. Luring her back, from the grave. Angel or dark seducer? Who are you, strange angel?"

Phantom of the Opera
Test Subject
#100 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 9:12 PM
Thank you! Great idea and is perfect for my Quilt Shop.
Page 4 of 6