Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Sofa Bed and Chair Bed - IKEA EKTORP

by Lamare Posted 11th Feb 2018 at 1:24 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2021 at 12:30 PM by Lamare

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
just a girl
Original Poster
#51 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by condedd
Same problem here. No replacements

I would think it conflicts with something else in your game. If not in Downloads, maybe some kind of CEP-extra or something. Otherwise, I have no idea, sorry.
Mad Poster
#52 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 2:45 AM
Would it be possible to have non-autonomous versions of these? My sims keep opening the beds by themselves and it's driving me nuts. Just now some nitwit opened the living room sofa bed in the middle of a birthday party!

EDIT: I don't use ACR and I don't think I have any other mod that might cause this. Thanks for looking into this.
just a girl
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:17 PM
Hey @RoxEllen1965

To deny sims their right to sleep in the middle of a party? You monster!

Anyway, here you go. With these files, sims shouldn't unfold chair/sofa by themselves, even if they're sleepy. Files are named the same as originals, just replace them with these. Let me know, how it goes.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ikeaektorp-ChairBed-NoAutonomy.zip (104.6 KB, 140 downloads)
File Type: zip  ikeaektorp-SofaBed-NoAutonomy.zip (129.1 KB, 161 downloads)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 9:54 PM
Thanks very much for this. I'm sure it will be a real sanity saver!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 3:09 PM
Bonjour! je suis française! tout d'abord merci pour ce canapé lit qui rend bien service quand on est dans une petite maison, ça permet d'avoir plusieurs lit pour dormir.
je cherchais ce genre de canapé depuis très longtemps. encore merci! vous êtes géniale! j’espère que vous pourrez le tenir a jour très longtemps !
mais j'ai un problème! le canapé ce trouve bien dans mon jeu, je le pose en faisant attention que rien ne le bloque, et je n'ai pas le lit qui s'ouvre!
après 1 heure sim dans le jeu je clique sur le canapé, et j'ai les interactions suivantes faire une sieste! s’asseoir! jouer si c'est un adolescent, mais aucune interactions pour dormir ou ouvrir ! qu'est ce que je n'ai pas fait, je suis nulle en informatique, il est bien télécharger mais je ne peux pas l'ouvrir! y'a t'il quelque chose d'autre a télécharger? Il y 'a très longtemps je l'avais utilisai pour la fac j'avais pu lui faire une belle chambre avec tv du fait qu'il était replié en canapé, et sur cet ordinateur je ne peux rien faire! que m'en servir en canapé! je suis très nulle je sais mais ça m’embête car votre canapé et génial et vous aussi! y'a t'il des heures? doit elle avoir sommeil? je ne sais pas merci et continué a nous ravir avec ce genre d'objet indispensable dans le jeu! merci encore! je cherchais aussi un ordinateur portable mais je ne trouve pas pour les sims 2 j'ai la collection complète des sims 2 kiss a vous
just a girl
Original Poster
#56 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:09 PM
Hi @FLORISE54

If I understood you correctly, the unfolding interaction doesn't appear on the sofa in your game. I'll try to help. Firstly, make sure you have all the files in your downloads (both ikeaektorp-SofaBed-sofa-lamare.package and ikeaektorp-SofaBed-bed-lamare.package for the sofa bed). Make sure you let the game run unpaused since you bought the object. If that doesn't work, it probably means it keeps failing to create the bed part, so sell it and buy new one. Make sure there's enough space, when you place it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 1:31 AM
:3 gracias!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 8:10 PM
Okay!!! This is what EA should have came up with!!! I am downloading and can I ask to share the link with a couple of Sims 4 groups I am with?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 2:16 AM
such a nice addon for the "tiny living challenge" or the "100 babies challenge"!!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:21 PM
Yep, flashing blue here. I have UC .
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Mie_999 : 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:03 AM.
Base game compatibility option, mayhaps?
This is amazing! How I wish I had Ikea Stuff. I run my game from ye olde discs, unfortunately.

Would it be easy to transfer the behaviours/mod of your sofa bed to this object here? It's a BG Zecutime Sofa made into a sofa bed:
GoS link to the object in question

The creator has probably not logged-in for a long time, after trying to search for them on the internet, so I was hoping if I could make a request for this object, so the mod will be Base game-compatible!
just a girl
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th May 2020 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunamist2
Okay!!! This is what EA should have came up with!!! I am downloading and can I ask to share the link with a couple of Sims 4 groups I am with?

Sure, you are welcome to share the link.

Quote: Originally posted by Mie_999
The creator has probably not logged-in for a long time, after trying to search for them on the internet, so I was hoping if I could make a request for this object, so the mod will be Base game-compatible!

Hi. Sorry, I won’t be able to make it in the near future and I haven’t heard if anyone else did. Check out these made by Meduza:
1. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post...istics-sofa-bed
2. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post...livin-chair-bed
She says they’re enabled for BG.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th May 2021 at 2:49 PM
Having an issue where the single sofa bed disappears in an apartment I'm playing, so far only when it's in the "unfolded" state. I'll need to do more testing to see if the problem persists on residential lots or with the other sofa beds. So far I've had to replace it three times in two sim days, and the stuck object remover confirms they're stuck, but thankfully removed them.
just a girl
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th May 2021 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
Having an issue where the single sofa bed disappears in an apartment I'm playing, so far only when it's in the "unfolded" state. I'll need to do more testing to see if the problem persists on residential lots or with the other sofa beds. So far I've had to replace it three times in two sim days, and the stuck object remover confirms they're stuck, but thankfully removed them.

That sucks, I'm sorry Apartments are tricky, I don't know why. Not sure I'll be able to do something about it, I haven't modded for so long.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 28th May 2021 at 3:45 PM
Love this, thank you for the update too, perfect!
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 12:19 AM
I think this conflicts with syberspunk pregnancy mods. I use "quiet wohoo" and "risky wohoo", and the sofa bed stopped working alltogether.
just a girl
Original Poster
#67 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rechter
I think this conflicts with syberspunk pregnancy mods. I use "quiet wohoo" and "risky wohoo", and the sofa bed stopped working alltogether.

No, they do not conflict. I've used it at the same time with those mods.

If you're not getting the interactions, try rebying the sofa and/or placing it in a different spot and waiting a second in live mode.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 1:30 AM
Merci mais pourquoi ne pas refaire exactement les mêmes pour les sims 4 c'est si compliqué? ils sont géniaux et a part mettre pour les sims é les laisser identiques et les faires pour les sims 4 ça aiderait beaucoup mais je dois me contenter de rêver dommage merci tout de même je me suis régaler avec dans les sims 2
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 7:30 PM
hi!! I have a problem!! both the sofa and the chair in my game are a bright blue. How can I fix that? TIA
just a girl
Original Poster
#70 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:57 PM
Hi, @lusiernaga.
Unfortunately, I don't know what might cause an object to flash blue. It looks normal in most people's games. Maybe a conflict with something else in your downloads/bins/cep-extra folders? Something must be invalidating the recolors - at least, that's my theory. Try reviewing your folders for anything related to ikea that seems like it might conflict (trapping's bed doesn't conflict). Then temporarily remove it, load the game, and see if it helps. If not, you could try even more thorough test, but only if you're up for it, only if you really want to go through the trouble, you know? If you do, remove ALL the custom stuff you have, not only from the documents, but from program files as well (if you have cep-extras or whatever else there), and then load the game with only sofa and chair beds, and see how they look then (make sure to grab all 4 files). If they look fine, it means there was a conflict with one of your other downloads, and it's up to you to find the culprit. If they still flash blue, then I don't know how it's possible and what the problem is.
Remember to never load your good 'hoods to test what happens when you remove custom content and mods. Some things may change in your 'hoods, even if you merely looked at them and quit without saving. Better make a backup of your Neighborhoods folder before any experiments and put it back after you're done.
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Hi, @lusiernaga.
Unfortunately, I don't know what might cause an object to flash blue. It looks normal in most people's games. Maybe a conflict with something else in your downloads/bins/cep-extra folders? Something must be invalidating the recolors - at least, that's my theory. Try reviewing your folders for anything related to ikea that seems like it might conflict (trapping's bed doesn't conflict). Then temporarily remove it, load the game, and see if it helps. If not, you could try even more thorough test, but only if you're up for it, only if you really want to go through the trouble, you know? If you do, remove ALL the custom stuff you have, not only from the documents, but from program files as well (if you have cep-extras or whatever else there), and then load the game with only sofa and chair beds, and see how they look then (make sure to grab all 4 files). If they look fine, it means there was a conflict with one of your other downloads, and it's up to you to find the culprit. If they still flash blue, then I don't know how it's possible and what the problem is.
Remember to never load your good 'hoods to test what happens when you remove custom content and mods. Some things may change in your 'hoods, even if you merely looked at them and quit without saving. Better make a backup of your Neighborhoods folder before any experiments and put it back after you're done.

Thank u so much for your response!! I'll try to review my folders and let you know if something happens!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 13th Mar 2023 at 9:30 PM
Merci trop cool et génial, mais j'ai une question? je sais que vous ne le ferez pas , mais pourquoi , vous ne le faites pas pour les sims 4, je n'y connait rien , mais il est déjà prêt a l'emploi , le tout et de savoir si c'est possible pour les sims 4 car il y'a un canapé lit de Dylan mais en jeu il disparaît, et quand on commence dans le jeu avec très peu d'argent de place voilà un lit et canapé , merci pour ce que vous faites c'est génial je n'en suis pas capable.
just a girl
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 8:40 PM
@FLORISE54 the games are very different in terms of modding. Just because I made a mod for the Sims 2 doesn't mean I can make a similar mod for the Sims 4 or any other game.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#74 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 12:10 PM
I put one of these in an apartment. If I save the game while a child Sim is sitting on the unfolded bed, it disappears and the child ends up outside the apartment. The stuck object remover got rid of it. Should I fold the bed before saving?
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#75 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 12:10 PM
Hello! I am planning to get this object because I love the concept, but one quick question:
You say that off-grid placement is a no-go, but does this also apply for quarter tile placement (introduced with M&G)? Would the sofa-bed function fine if placed, say, half a tile off the standard grid?
Page 3 of 4