Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50% Lower Career Salaries (Updated - May 2020)

by Satira Posted 27th Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM - Updated 16th May 2020 at 8:35 PM by Satira : Update

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squark
Love it.
Is there any chance you could make even steeper (say about 65%) or extend it to nerf the amount of money you get from Gardening?
Not the gardening career, but the money get from selling crops you grow yourself on your own lot.

I tried doing this before but recently removed the "mod" as it was impossible to keep track off and very tedious work. The gardening was very difficult to understand, and stuff like fish etc needs to be completely redone when they make even a tiny change. I hope someone will make a mod that will automatically change the price when you sell stuff, I sadly don't have the knowledge to do so
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 3:52 PM Last edited by squark : 13th Jul 2019 at 2:48 PM.
That's a little saddening but thanks for the quick reply.
Oh well. I'm thankful for all the work you've put into your other mods. You now have your own folder within my mod directory.

What about the suggested 65% less from jobs? Would you please do that? See, I don't play single-generation rags-to-riches stories. I prefer to have money build up more slowly, over time so I can watch the world change.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 4:03 AM
Nice one! Looking forward on a AiO package in the future.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:10 PM
What about the freelancher then? You can get a lot of cash as a freelancher :P
Test Subject
#55 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:45 PM Last edited by DragonWolf5589 : 25th Aug 2019 at 7:47 PM.
Default thanks
THANK YOU!

hope this works with the latest island update.

i mean 33/hour to stack shelves in retail? wish i got paid that in real life, i work in retail and you only get MAX of 9/hour! never mind 33!

sims 4 jobs are far far far far far far far overpayed to real life. and it takes all the fun out as you get super rich super fast in this game.

EDIT:

no.. it doesn't work still says teen job is over 33/hour
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 10:10 PM
hey can we see an update to this mod? cant play without lower salaries the sims is just too easy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 9:15 PM
I will try to update this as soon as possible, please let me know what is missing so I can get to it sooner. Am currently highly pregnant and can give birth anytime soon, so I am not sure how much time I can put into this for the upcoming time.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Satira
I will try to update this as soon as possible, please let me know what is missing so I can get to it sooner. Am currently highly pregnant and can give birth anytime soon, so I am not sure how much time I can put into this for the upcoming time.

WOW, congrats. but you dont have to rush but i mainly just meant like an update for the most recent patch as i'd assume itd be broken but i can go and check for you now to save you the time
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VenomBunnyFace
WOW, congrats. but you dont have to rush but i mainly just meant like an update for the most recent patch as i'd assume itd be broken but i can go and check for you now to save you the time

for me its working fine, its just usually on a patch all career mods break so i assumed, but either way thank you so much for this amazing mod!!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 12:22 PM
Would love to see an update, when you have the time. My sims don't go to work anymore or are stuck at work with this mod, or seem to be at work while they are clearly not, or are only 1 minute at work and return instantly.
Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 10:34 PM
Try contacting Sweary Gringo: https://www.patreon.com/SwearyGringo

He has multiple mods that address this issue. The first mod is yet available for download (50% wages).
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JimiHendrix
Try contacting Sweary Gringo: https://www.patreon.com/SwearyGringo

He has multiple mods that address this issue. The first mod is yet available for download (50% wages).

Any non-paid alternatives?
Test Subject
#63 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 1:14 AM
Zero updated the mod if someone needs. Link to the new version (free)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/career-salary-50-31600242
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 1:07 AM
Too bad that Zer0's version doesn't affect promotions rewards and the 10$ raises after level 10, Satira's version was so much better
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th May 2020 at 5:27 PM
Hey all, it's been a while. Shortly after my last post (just 4 days!) I gave birth to my little son and had been too busy for anything else. I am getting into the sims again atm, and I will make an update for this so it all works again and also add the new careers. I have to start from scratch, so it might take a few days. Hope anyone is still interested in an update
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:23 PM
All tested and updated, it all should work accordingly. I also added the newest careers since June 2019, and got the actor career to work properly. Please only install what you have the packs for in your mod folder And please let me know if anything is not working! Also, all files before the new ones no longer work due to university, please uninstall those and replace them with the new to make sure it works properly.
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:15 PM
Hey all, it's been a while. Shortly after my last post (just 4 days!) I gave birth to my little son and had been too busy for anything else. I am getting into the sims again atm, and I will make an update for this so it all works again and also add the new careers. I have to start from scratch, so it might take a few days. Hope anyone is still interested in an update

Congratulations on the birth of your son!! Thank you so much for this mod, I love the challenge of having my Sims earn less money. Happy Mother's Day!
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th May 2020 at 9:23 AM
All tested and updated, it all should work accordingly. I also added the newest careers since June 2019, and got the actor career to work properly. Please only install what you have the packs for in your mod folder And please let me know if anything is not working! Also, all files before the new ones no longer work due to university, please uninstall those and replace them with the new to make sure it works properly.

Hi and thank you for this mod! And congratulations on the birth of your baby! <3

Is anyone else experiencing issues when trying to open the zips or is the problem with my computer?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caigel
Hi and thank you for this mod! And congratulations on the birth of your baby! <3

Is anyone else experiencing issues when trying to open the zips or is the problem with my computer?

What program are you using?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:37 PM
Updated Strangerville Career, forgot it was a semi active career and didn't edit the payment for assignments from home in the previous file.
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:45 AM
Can you please make a merged file? It's a lot of files, and I have everything so it be a lot easier if all of them were merged.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 12:26 AM
Hey Satira, will you be able to update this mod for the latest game version anytime soon?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 10:08 AM
Great mod. But is there a 60 or 70% one? I find 13 an hour for some jobs is still too high for the first level of a job! (wish I got paid that in real life! I only got 7 hour when I started work and now get 9 an hour which is higher then minimum wage and the "average/standard" wage)

Downside I use a mod to allow adults to take part time jobs available to teens (retail babysitter etc etc) . And sadly the prices/mod are still too high on part time jobs. Like the babysitter one etc for example when real life the max you get is 9-10 an hour so not sure what to do to fix that to be same "basic" real life wage. But this starts at 16 hour! (if only that was real!) same with part time retail it starts double what real life is!

But if there'd a 60% or even 70% off mod that would be ideal.. (or better yet a cheat mod so I can "edit" the salaries myself if that's even possible)

I find sims 4 boring after while as its too easy to get rich
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 5:38 PM
Is the mod working with the latest version of the game?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 12:48 PM
Is the freelance career included in this?

And thanks for updating!
Page 3 of 4