Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 12:42 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 15th Jul 2021 at 1:14 AM.
I love weddings! I won't pretend I'm super inventive with mine, but I really enjoy throwing them. So far I have had two types of weddings. Community lot wedding at a chapel-type lot I got here on MTS, or backyard weddings. The community lot one is more akin to a registry office wedding, where you don't necessarily have guests, so that's more Sims getting married on the low. Backyard weddings are the more celebratory affairs, with friends and family invited. My hood has a lot of water because I love water, so they tend to be next to the lake in the backyard, or on the beach, or next to the pool if they don't have a lake, or amid trees if there's no water at all.

The best part about weddings is taking pictures, which I then order as picture frames and hang around my Sims houses. So in my core family the three kids all have pictures of their parents wedding in their house, and it always makes me smile when I happen to see it as I'm playing. We have pictures of both my grandparents weddings in our house so it makes me happy to carry on that tradition in my Sims lives.

I'll throw in some pictures, if you are interested you can check em out, if not, you can skip

The lot I use for community lot weddings is from the Woodspell springs neighbourhood, shoutout to Monkaria for the actual build/decoration

I'll try to remember the names of the poseboxes I use in relation to weddings, but that section of my downloads is a tad messy so not sure I'll be able to figure it out. Maybe someone else recognizes the poses and can shed some light Sitting on lap pose | Holding arms from behind pose | Bridesmaid leaning on shoulder pose | Blue dress bridesmaid pose

EDIT: A real must-have for organizing weddings is the sim manipulator, in my opinion. I wouldn't have time to do all the stuff I wanna do and stage photos etc if I had to abide by the regular party timer. Being able to add additional time with sim manipulator is a god-send

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 2 of 2