7 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#27376 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 3:20 PM
How normal is it for a Sim to have a fear of themselves being sick in third person, after catching food poisoning or a cold?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27377 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 4:12 PM
What do you mean, "sick in third person'? The only want/fears they have are usually for themselves. I've never seen that kind of remote fear..but it's perfectly normal if they don't want to get sick or throw up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#27378 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Upload the package files and package them together as a zip/rar file (the files can be found in SavedSims or wherever you've saved your finished clothing files. You can keep the original name or rename them. DON'T use the files in the Projects folder!). You need an unzip/zipping program.

The mesh can be packaged either as a separate file, in the same zip/rar file, or post a working link to where the mesh can be found (depending on whether you made the file, ToU of original creator on whether you can include it, availability of the mesh if it's no longer easily found, etc. I'm sure the guidelines have a section on this.)

17 screenshots sound like a bit much for 2 items unless the angles are very much needed to show special details or something such (front and back plus maybe one side view is probably enough for most items).

@simmer22 thank you

Took your advice and cut down the screenshot number...now just waiting for a verdict from moderation
Mad Poster
#27379 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 5:47 PM
^ Oh, and also if you have a shot with both/all items showing from front view, or at least showing clearly enough to see what it is (one of the extras, maybe?), that's always nice for the preview and/or if the downloader wants to just keep one picture to know what they've downloaded. If you're downloading a set, it's nice with a picture of that set, you know.
Theorist
#27380 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
What do you mean, "sick in third person'? The only want/fears they have are usually for themselves. I've never seen that kind of remote fear..but it's perfectly normal if they don't want to get sick or throw up.
I'm guessing they're saying for a sim named Lilith to have a fear "Lilith gets sick," instead of "Get sick."
Mad Poster
#27381 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 6:28 PM
Does anyone (modders, maybe?) know what the bhav "expression 003B" is, (has "function init - table" and "init - object" above it)?

Editing CC and trying to figure out if an item already has options enabled for placing on various tables/shelves. Looks like the item was cloned from the ingame sunflower but I don't know if the original creator edited anything in the BHAVs.
Scholar
#27382 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:03 PM
Here's one -- if you use a default replacement set of faces that fix broken templates, and you have townies or premades that have a broken template face, will it be fixed because you have a default replacement of their face? Does that make sense?
Field Researcher
#27383 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Here's one -- if you use a default replacement set of faces that fix broken templates, and you have townies or premades that have a broken template face, will it be fixed because you have a default replacement of their face? Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me.
It will not fix their face; because the default replacements replace the template, and the templates are separate from sims, sims created with certain structures keep their structures even after templates are changed. It's easier to see this proof with more dramatic template defaults, that the townies still keep their old faces. To change faces of existing sims, simsurgery and then making that surgery genetic is the only way to change their faces.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#27384 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 4:04 PM
^ This is why in TS2 you can change your default templates and replace/add/remove both default and non-default replacements and slider add-ons without it having any effects on existing sims - which means you don't have to worry about which ones the uploader used if you download sims (and thanks for that!)

Once you've saved a family in CAS, the sims have their faces saved in their character files (so it's best to download the fixes for the borked templates before you start playing around with making sims, both in CAS and Bodyshop).

"Face template sims" from the sim bin in Bodyshop/CAS also have their face stored as a separate face template when you select that particular sim, and these won't be affected by changes done to templates either (but can of course be edited further before you save them as a family).
Scholar
#27385 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:04 PM
I don't care how the sims look, but I do care about them passing on bad -- broken -- genetics. What happens to the Tricou teens with the "broken" faces that change when they get older ? do they still end up turning into an adult looking nothing like their teen self? or do they keep their genetics? I'm talking about a game with "fixed" face templates.
Top Secret Researcher
#27386 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:21 PM
Both broken-face Tricous keep their broken faces and pass them to their offspring like any broken-faced sim, it doesn't matter what you do with the templates.
Alchemist
#27387 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Does anyone (modders, maybe?) know what the bhav "expression 003B" is, (has "function init - table" and "init - object" above it)?
Editing CC and trying to figure out if an item already has options enabled for placing on various tables/shelves. Looks like the item was cloned from the ingame sunflower but I don't know if the original creator edited anything in the BHAVs.

@simmer22, idk what expression 003B is, but I have edited a bunch of items for placement and I can tell you:
1. Best thing to do is to just test it first. Saves you a lot of time editing bhavs that don't need to be edited. I've started to use a test lot when I preview items, and it has one of every kind of surface--counter, table, end table, coffee table, OFB shelfs, regular shelves, and the mantle. Test the item on all of those, and the floor, and then you'll know what it needs.
2. If you do want to check the item in SimPE before testing it in game, check the object weight first. I've begun to notice that by just correcting the object weight, items become placeable like they're supposed to. So, in the Function – Init Bhav, check if there's a line for weight. Usually you'll see something like "[prim 0x0002] Expression (My weight := Literal 0x0002)". If there's a line for weight, make note of what the weight is--often I see it at 2.

Then go to the Object Data and make sure the line for weight there matches. Once in Object Data, go to the Raw Data tab, section 06. Mesh & Graphics. There's a line (0x004F), "Object size (quantity per shelf)", check it and make sure it matches the weight in the bhav. Commit & save. Btw, 0 = large object, 1 per shelf; 1 = medium object, 2 per shelf; 2 = small object, 6 per shelf. So for a deco item like something cloned from the sunflower, you'd want to make sure that, if there's a line for weight in the bhav, it says 2 and that it also says 2 in the Object Data.
3. If the above doesn't work, and you do need to edit Init Bhav, I wrote up the instructions for a tutorial once. Here you go:

For full content, or pictures, you can check the Changing the Object Placement of Your Updated Mod section of my Change the Mesh/Model of a Mod tutorial.

After editing a bunch of items now, I'll say that if you edit the bhav and things aren't working, check the object weight. Updating both usually yields results, though, like I've said, I've begun to find that usually just updating the weight is sufficient.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#27388 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Burnziie : 12th Jun 2021 at 9:00 PM.
Relating to bodyshop, I saw the Sims wiki mention this about extracting with SimPE "when it extracts the Sim's appearance from the game, it also takes some of the Sim's character file data along with it! If you plop it in your game and create a Sim using the extracted appearance, there's a chance that character data will wind up in your neighborhood, which may corrupt it!"

Is this confirmed to actually be a problem? I couldn't find anything else about character data in the extracted to Simbin Sims.
Mad Poster
#27389 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 9:13 PM
Extract a sim through SimPe. Clone it in bodyshop. Go to your browser, view details, and compare the size of the two files. You will see that the original SimPE file is much larger than the bodyshop clone.

It is possible that bodyshop compresses when it clones - I have never seen anyone concoct an experiment to confirm this one way or another. I know, because I have put both body shop and straight SimPE clones into my game, that the SimPE versions contain information on the different available outfits - everyday, formal, undies, etc. - which the bodyshop clones lack. No one, so far as I can determine, has devised any means of being sure what other data is contained in the original file to make it so much larger. Is it data that would cause corruption? Um, probably not, since whatever happens the ID number doesn't seem to be carried over and that's a big part of the corruption problem? But we just don't know.

So, if you're sharing a sim, absolutely run it through bodyshop for the safety of downloaders. If it's for your own use, skip the extra step at your own risk - you are entitled to do so, and may discover useful information in the process.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#27390 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 10:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jun 2021 at 10:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
(too long to quote)

Thanks for the answer - some great tips there, and thanks for the link

Trying to avoid testing ingame, at least for the moment (going to eventually, though). Most of the items I'm editing are rather old, and they look to be cloned from items that aren't placeable everywhere (the fruit bowl and one or two of the deco vases tend to be frequent flyers, but there's been a few deco flowers too).

I'm adding/editing the weight (the 0/1/2 anyway) and some other things (adding AL shift + quartertile, plus one BHAV that tends to work for smaller deco items - been wrangling some older items onto shelves whether they want to or not), but came over a few Bhavs I hadn't seen before and wasn't quite sure what to do about.

On a semi-random note, after I posted, I finally figured out what to do with the OP codes (those have been puzzling me for a while -or rather, I couldn't figure out how to change from one type of BHAV to another at first, so I've been skipping the ones entirely missing the ones with BHAVs with the same window as the AL-shift and the deco thingy). That one was purely "poke everything with a stick and see what happens" Probably should read some BHAV tutorials... Not that I haven't tried, but lately my brain has gone all NOOOOOO! and then goes to hide in a corner. One thing at a time, I guess...
Mad Poster
#27391 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:35 PM
Anyone familiar with a first-born randomizer by LazyDutchess? It's differant; not just a download, it's an installable.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#27392 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 2:35 AM
Has anyone other than me had issues with veil of dreams curtain and its deluxe? Like gabilei13 did. Except it's all the time, not only from an angle. All my custom recolors are transparent like gauze, and I hate it so much that I don't use the curtain except for its original maxis rcs. Does anyone know how to fix it, or is it unsolvable, like to do with pc specs?

my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#27393 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 3:04 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Jun 2021 at 3:15 AM.
@Nottakenaway
It could be the settings in the TXTR. If the curtains are using a non-transparent texture all over, it could help changing to these settings in SimPE:
- stdMatAlphaBlendMode: none (instead of "blend")
- stdMatAlphaTestEnabled: 1 (instead of "0")

If the creator made opaque (non-transparent) recolors of the transparent ones without changing the settings, you get kinda weird see-trough effects with the Blend settings, and it may not look particularly good.

If the textures are a blend of opaque and transparent, or fully transparent, you may want to keep the blend setting (I see a few examples, and some of the larger ruffles may look better with the Blend setting).
Field Researcher
#27394 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 8:27 PM
@simmer22
Thank you so much. I tried both ways on two recolors to try to fix them and compare them, and they both worked. I was afraid that with blend the issue would persist, but it properly rendered lacey parts transparent and heavy fabrics opaque.

#27395 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 10:40 PM
I cannot place Maxis paintings in buy mode for any of my neighborhoods. I can select the painting in buy mode to see the description and price, but when I place my cursor over the grid to place the object nothing happens. Custom content works fine, other wall hangings in the same deco buy category like flags and masks work fine too. If anyone has heard of this, does this sound like something whacky from a mod or like my game files are borked?
Link Ninja
#27396 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I cannot place Maxis paintings in buy mode for any of my neighborhoods. I can select the painting in buy mode to see the description and price, but when I place my cursor over the grid to place the object nothing happens. Custom content works fine, other wall hangings in the same deco buy category like flags and masks work fine too. If anyone has heard of this, does this sound like something whacky from a mod or like my game files are borked?

It sounds like you downloaded something that uses the same GUID id (I think that's what it is?). I have this happen with SOME Maxis items where I can no longer place a specific couch or table, I grab it from catalog and it doesn't appear. When I try to clone the trouble-item that happens to be already on the lot (from a previous time before it started acting up), it turns into a weird hybrid of the maxis and a custom object making me realize a cc file (not default) is the culprit. Did you recently do a big download haul of cc art?

However this affecting ALL maxis paintings? That does seem wonky. I think it's cc or a mod, but not a borked game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#27397 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 12:10 AM
I thought it was all of them - but I just checked. It's only some of them. The game might have been this way for a while but I haven't noticed because all of my Sims have been too poor to buy artwork. If I delete the cc will I be able to place the Maxis ones like normal?
Mad Poster
#27398 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 12:48 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Jun 2021 at 1:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
simmer22
Thank you so much. I tried both ways on two recolors to try to fix them and compare them, and they both worked. I was afraid that with blend the issue would persist, but it properly rendered lacey parts transparent and heavy fabrics opaque.

Good to hear it worked for you

Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I thought it was all of them - but I just checked. It's only some of them. The game might have been this way for a while but I haven't noticed because all of my Sims have been too poor to buy artwork. If I delete the cc will I be able to place the Maxis ones like normal?

Yes, but find and delete the files from your Downloads folder, because if it's a GUID conflict or anything like that, there's a small chance the game thinks the item is a regular default item or some such, and could try to delete install files if you try to delete the file ingame, so you don't want that. Items like this may have the trash bin showing, which means it can be possible to delete them ingame even though it's not a good idea.

You'll also want to be careful with items that replace an ingame item (defaults and similar) or borrow textures from one (is repo'd) if they suddenly have the trash bin showing - they're not always safe to delete ingame, and whether it's safe to delete recolors depend on the "master/main" object (but they are safe to delete from the Downloads folder).

One alternative is to give the item a new GUID number so you can still use it (if the item has recolors you'll have to copy the new GUID to all the MMATs in the main object and recolors, too).
Theorist
#27399 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Anyone familiar with a first-born randomizer by LazyDutchess? It's differant; not just a download, it's an installable.
Not particularly familiar, but don't be scared by it being an executable. I have the basic version (no discord or anything like that, just the firstborn fix). Follow the simple install instructions. The first time you run the game I believe you get a command prompt window that asks you to click yes to continue for the mod to "inject" itself and do its magic. The rest of the times you won't even notice it's there (apart from the newborns not looking like clones without you clicking the CAS dice like crazy).
Scholar
#27400 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 4:26 PM
How on earth do you guys keep your mods folders organized?
I used to have some categories folders but as the amount of mods in there grows it's becoming more and more inefficient - I do not longer have any idea what mods I have any longer!

Maybe having an spreadsheet?
Any suggestions?
Page 1096 of 1339