Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Farmers' Set (With harvestable crops, electric fence & social scarecrow)

by Echo Posted 23rd Jan 2006 at 3:06 AM - Updated 22nd May 2009 at 2:17 PM by Echo

524 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 511 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 21
#276 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 12:50 AM
very...very...VERY nice. I havent used it yet, but the money i get from this WILL make my house, BIGGER! :2cents:
Field Researcher
#277 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 2:13 AM
cool.....
Test Subject
#278 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 3:20 AM
yup yup yup...this is great.... cant wait to give my homebound sims something to do....thank you
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#279 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 3:58 AM
Rayea: The crops are autonomous. They use similar autonomy motives to the money tree (from which several options were borrowed), so if they have nothing much better to do, they will harvest. If they're further away from the crops, they're less likely to try harvesting them.
Test Subject
#280 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 11:35 AM
Just what i've always wanted great work Echo!
Test Subject
#281 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:22 PM
Well....held out as long as i could, downloaded yesterday, and had an absolute scream watching my sim kicking the scarecrow....at one point it disappeared and i thought that i'd done something as i was taking pics at the time....swiveled my screen view, and lo and behold, she'd kicked the poor thing over.....absolutely blooming fantastic.....
#282 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 8:08 PM
OMG in the words of Homer J. Simpson "woooooooooooooooooooooow :salute: :salute: "
Test Subject
#283 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 9:49 PM
Default Wonderful!
I think Maxis is about ready to come up with some things similar to this, but in the meantime...Thank you! :-)

I have previously stayed away from any hacks, but I appreciate how easily-identified these are, for one thing, and that you don't have to change any files to use them. I will put them in a sub-Downloads folder for easy removal if necessary (which I'm sure won't have to happen), and then I plan to enjoy them fully.

I'm asking permission right now to use them in at least one downloadable asset that will be at:

http://www.flyingacres.com/NeighborlySims/N106.htm

This is my latest downloadable neighborhood, which I have turned into a farming community. At present there are two working farms, and I'm getting ready to add the third and fourth ones soon. These objects will come in very handy for at least one of them. Actually, I may make three separate ones--given the types of harvest you have created at this point.

I would make the farms downloadable exclusively at Neighborly Sims (which is my own site), and would give ALL the credit where credit is due (just have you done here). Please let me know if you would approve of this. :-)

Linda
Test Subject
#284 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 1:28 AM
This is really cool! I wouldnt have ever thought to make these! Very nice work! We all appriciate your very hard work thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#285 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 1:35 AM
I love it ! These will look great on my bunny farm (social bunny outfits)!
Test Subject
#286 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:02 PM
i will give 5 stars for this one coz i can see you tried hard and it rocks!!!itz soo cool i didnt believe you could do farms
Field Researcher
#287 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:48 AM
I love this mod. I use the apple tree and the grape vine. I am wondering if 2jeff's alwaysperfectplants mod effects this as far as watering it. I haven't had the plants die at all. It is so cute to see them pick the apples.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#288 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 6:01 AM
I don't know a lot about the alwaysperfectplants mod. If it uses the OBJF gardening menu, then yes, it probably does. If not, then it probably doesn't.

Keep in mind that you can get two full harvests before needing to water, and the harvests take about a day and a half sim time on average. So it'll be at least three sim days and probably longer for you to notice that the plants are looking a little unwell. It takes about three growth cycles to go from needing water but otherwise healthy to completely dead, so another 4.5 sim days on top of that. I didn't want the crops to consume every waking moment of a sim's life to maintain, so there's a fair amount of leeway. Just keep in mind that once a plant starts to die, it won't produce any more fruit until it's healthy again!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#289 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:57 PM
A repost from the first thread:

UPDATE 30 Jan: Guess who forgot to change the GUID in the wheelbarrow sculpture? I am officially very, very embarrased. And shame on the 3,800+ of you who didn't even notice! So if you're missing your apple-on-a-podium statue, you had better redownload it now. It's okay though, all the really interesting objects are fine.
#290 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 9:08 PM
The fence is perfect for my prison. Thanks So Much!
#291 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 10:54 PM
Эй чурки!!!!!!! пишите по русски
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:35 AM
Regarding TwoJeffs Always Perfect Plants Mod:

"Nope, no conflict. This won't affect the harvest plants though, they use separate local functions and not the semi-globals so you'll still have to take care of them properly or they'll die." ~TwoJeffs

Most Excellent! Thanks Echo!
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 7:53 AM
I've missed growing and harvesting from TS1 days. (Making wine and other stuff too.)

Thanks.
Test Subject
#294 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 11:30 AM
you are awesome!!!!Thanks so much for giving my farmer sims something to do!!!
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 3:44 PM
Oh wow, thank you so much!! I've been waiting for something like this since The Sims 2 came out! ( Especially for in Veronaville, it's just not right for there to be farms without crops! ) As someone who wishes to grow her own food someday, I thank you for allowing my sims the same liberty! ^^

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Test Subject
#296 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:27 PM
Thanks for these they are great! Keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 6:17 PM
Wow, I missed Sims 1: Makin' Magic's grapes and mushrooms... this is a good idea! Thanks!

Dr. Cameron: Men should grow up.
Dr. Gregory House: Yeah. And dogs should stop licking themselves. It's not gonna happen.
Test Subject
#298 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 2:07 AM
This is a must-have. Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much.
Forum Resident
#299 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 4:55 AM
Wow! This is incredible - it's almost like an expansion pack. Thank you so much!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#300 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 7:11 AM
Thanks so much, I really missed the garden from sims1 now I can grow things again.

Walstib
Page 12 of 21