Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Farmers' Set (With harvestable crops, electric fence & social scarecrow)

by Echo Posted 23rd Jan 2006 at 3:06 AM - Updated 22nd May 2009 at 2:17 PM by Echo

524 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 511 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 21
Forum Resident
#201 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 8:09 PM
I do believe the 5-star rating, Featured status, and 9 pages (thus far) of comments speak for themselves, but I had to Thank You for this absolutely, extraOrdinarily fantabulous work!!! Can't say enough about how awesome this all is.

THANKS!!!

Always,
Emma
#202 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 8:14 PM
ÏÐÎÑÒÎ ÊËÀÑÑ!
Test Subject
#203 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:09 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This is fantastic!!!
Test Subject
#204 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:34 PM
Yeah!!!! now I don't have to construt my own out off plants and (What's it called) anymore thank you!!
Test Subject
#205 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:56 PM
Default yippeee skippieeee
Yayyy!!!! Finally for my Nature sims.....they can harvest their own food...Amazing work...I am DL right now..(have only original version) will let you know how it works!
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 10:46 PM
Absolutely wonderful. My poor medeival sims were dying for this kind of mod.

So what do you think about possibly making a pantry or something similar so we're not stuck with trying to use the invisible fridge? Not that you have to or anything..but with this....I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job.

Many many thanks.

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#207 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 11:16 PM
Amy there is a rustic pantry type wooden fridge thing that looks very midieval.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...t=wooden+fridge
Test Subject
#208 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 12:52 AM
This is perfect! Perfect for making money, storytelling, killing off those hideous townies (ugh!)... just all around perfect! Superb work! I think we've all been waiting for something like this! Thank you so much!

You're not a real star until you've been animated and guest starred on The Simpsons.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 1:35 AM
Hi! Absolutely fab items...love it! I have original game only and your objects worked perfect..Hope there are more veggies to follow..maybe...tomatoes? Green beans? LOL!
High Five!!

"Play it Sam..."

Also known as ~Drew elsewhere

~Drew's Sim Stories (Sims 2)
Test Subject
#210 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:43 AM
This is really great. Always wanted my farmers to be able to harvest real crops. Thanks!!!!
Test Subject
#211 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:04 AM
i hope the scarecrow can keep a secret! jk! great work! u should of made him hotter so u would actaully want to flirt with him!lol!can u actally eat the food?

A good friend will bail you out of jail. But a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "Boy,did we f*** up!"
Test Subject
#212 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:09 AM
Thx So Much!
:jaw: :banana: :banana: :banana: :wow: This IS THE BEST WORK I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS!!! i was looking for this mod for a long time thank you SO MUCH!!!! :bandit:
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#213 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:11 AM
ZT2RCT3: You're welcome to recolour him to make him hotter if you'd like. And the fruit you harvest can be used to restock the fridge, which can be used to make meals, so you can eat the fruit that way.
Test Subject
#214 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:21 AM
Add me to the chorus of "Wow, thanks!". One of the best mods EVER.

Quick question: So what are the money values of your crops? And do skills play any role?

You rock.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#215 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 4:30 AM
Money value varies from crop to crop (I think they range from §4 to §12 per plant, but the more expensive crops generally take longer to harvest. Skills don't play a role.
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 7:12 AM Last edited by buntah : 26th Jan 2006 at 4:44 PM.
Outstanding job, Echo!! I put you right up there with Numenor when it comes to amazing things you've done with this stuff!! I just love examining your packages (now that could sure be taken the wrong way LOL)

Thank you so much. I'm having a ball with this set in my game!! And, it's working flawlessly!!
Test Subject
#217 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 8:36 AM
Yay! Wow it's amazing, I never used Sims 1 (my computer didn't have the space now I have a new one) but on the PS2 they had it and I loved it. Thanks Echo!!! SHIBBY!
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:06 AM
I just wonder...I got nightlife...but I cant find those objeckt in my game...could someone pls tell me where those objects are in the game.
Test Subject
#219 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:18 AM Last edited by tab2085 : 25th Jan 2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add a question
Default Growables
Thanks so much, this is COOL. I had a question on the main site about growing veggies and stuff on the new OFB expansion, and someone directed me here. I download lots from MTS2 but some how missed this. Thanks again.
will you be making more? Like maybe tomatoes and elderberrys :bandit:
Test Subject
#220 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:19 AM
A very BIG thankyou!!!!! Just what us forest dwellers need, can't wait to get gardening... 10 stars.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#221 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:34 AM
I'm not planning on making any more plants myself, but if you can wait for a few more days for the beta-risk period to be over, I know other creators have some different crops based on this which will be released soon.

erfadk: The location of each of these objects is listed in the description text at the top. Mostly under Decorative > Plants or Decorative > Statues.
Test Subject
#222 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 11:22 AM
Well, somthing more than great! M A G N I F I S C E N T
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 1:59 PM
thanks a lot for this! I finaly can have a vegetable garden at last! =0) Awsome work!
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by handofdoom
Amy there is a rustic pantry type wooden fridge thing that looks very midieval.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...t=wooden+fridge

Aha! Thanks for the link. But isn't the mini fridge not as good as the other fridges? That's my only qualm.

And thanks for the groundbreaking work Echo

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#225 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 3:01 PM
Thanks so much for your hard work, now I can complete the farm I created so long ago. A +++
Page 9 of 21