Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2021 at 1:20 PM Last edited by BobSmythe : 22nd May 2021 at 3:09 PM.
Default Wrong OS listed in crash report - SOLVED
So I'm looking at my crash report and I see this:

OS name: Windows Vista
OS version number: 6.2.9200
OS service pack:

I'm running Windows 10 on a NEW system I bought at Best Buy four years ago. Why does it say Vista?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th May 2021 at 4:33 PM
That's because Sims 3 doesn't recognize any OS past Windows Vista. The same can be seen in Sims 2 where the highest recognized OS is Windows NT. It's a limitation due to the game being made prior to Windows 10. So it defaults to the highest OS it has been programmed to recognize.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:34 PM
I got the same but personally I do not think it's a huge problem. And hear so Windows Vista,7,8 and 10 got the same kernel. Windows 10 is just an improved version .

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2021 at 2:53 PM
Good to hear. Guess I was paranoid because I thought maybe Best Buy pulled something shady like installing Vista then doing a free upgrade lol. Thanks guys!