Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 1:17 PM Last edited by Monsieur_Oshima : 7th Mar 2021 at 1:31 PM.
Default Repository technique on a sesonal plant
Lately I've ben trying to compress and optimize my DL folder, repository-ing whatever I can in the process. Despite my best efforts I can't seem to make it work with bienchen's seasonal hollyhocks though. This is not the first time I use the repository technique, but I had nerver tried applying it to an object with multiple SHPE and GMNDs.

As of now, I managed to make the slaved flower use the default textures from the master, and they change properly according to the seasons. The slaved object appears to be recolorable in game, and displays a recolor thumbnail, but it doesn't display the recolors from the master (which are in my DL folder and work properly on the master mesh). I checked that all the GMNDs for each subset have the tsDesignModeEnabled block, and that the names of the subsets and corresponding master CRES match, but can't figure out why it doesnt work.

I read HugeLunatic's tutorial on using the repository technique on multi-state objects, but it doesn't seem to apply to this specific object as I can't find any "Change Material" function in the BHAVs. Does anyone have an idea of what's gone wrong? is it even possible to repository seasonal plants?

maybe I'm trying way too hard just to save a few Mb but now that I've started I'm getting frustrated

[edit]: forgot to attach the files in case anyone wants to have a look
Attached files:
File Type: rar  bienchen stockrose repo.rar (123.4 KB, 10 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:30 PM
Hello,

I hope you already fixed your repod flower. If you didin't, only differens I see is at the Text list. As I know, your cres file name and text list name at models section need to match. But I can't test it in my game. I upload edited package. Could you take a look?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  updated flowers.zip (168.9 KB, 3 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Monsieur_Oshima : 25th Jul 2021 at 4:41 PM.
Thank you for looking into this! After several unsunccessful attempts I must admit that I gave up and moved on to other projects, and I had stopped hoping for an answer on this thread...
I will test it in game and have a look in SimPE. I had no idea about the text list editing, is that specific to objects with multiple CRES files?

[Update] Unfortunately your files don't work in my game, now the slaved flower even appears as non recolorable in-game. I tried deleting the tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets lines in the GMND but that didn't work either :/
Maybe I'll try doing everything from scratch again...
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:12 PM Last edited by dimyl : 25th Jul 2021 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Thank you for looking into this! After several unsunccessful attempts I must admit that I gave up and moved on to other projects, and I had stopped hoping for an answer on this thread...
I will test it in game and have a look in SimPE. I had no idea about the text list editing, is that specific to objects with multiple CRES files?

I am still not sure about it. I have a smilar project right now and I take a look in a lot of objects. I guess it is about bhav files. I will keep looking in to it.

UPDATE: I just see your update and I am sorry about that. I still think it is about bhav and I will take a look and let you know if I will find something.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:08 PM
Recoloring seasons plants is not as simple as using object workshop and recoloring. To get all the resources you have to clone the original object and delete excess resources. Tutorial by Gwenke.

Only change the value in the model name (str) if you want to reference a different model, that resource is not used when texture referencing. The material names (str) resource is used when texture referencing, but only if they exist in the package. Typically lights.