Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Frimlin's Expanded Rewards Store

by Frimlin Posted 14th May 2018 at 7:57 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2022 at 10:15 AM by Frimlin : Added v16

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 173 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 12
Smeg Head
#26 Old 20th May 2018 at 11:20 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st May 2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Oh right! Actually I didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the explanation.

Well I had a little look at it already and I've got some rough ideas how it could work. If it is how I think it is, it's not as straightforward as what is in the mod already. But it is already something I wanted to do, for some other rewards I wanted to add. So... it's on the list, but it may be quite some time before I get to it.

Hi, Frimlin. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about a mod, you said you were not aware of. I think it was one of mine. (Though not entirely sure.) - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...for-march-2018/
To add those bonus aspiration traits you will need to create new reward trait xmls to make them buyable reward traits, and also create corresponding simdata files to match the new xmls, otherwise they will not work. As a point of interest, did you know there are also two base game reward traits that Maxis messed up and they've never been in the reward store where they should have been from game release?

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:05 AM Last edited by Frimlin : 21st May 2018 at 12:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi, Frimlin. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about a mod, you said you were not aware of. I think it was one of mine. (Though not entirely sure.) - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...for-march-2018/
To add those bonus aspiration traits you will need to create new reward trait xmls to make them buyable reward traits, and also create corresponding simdata files to match the new xmls, otherwise they will not work. As a point of interest, did you know there are also two base game reward traits that Maxis messed up and they've never been in the reward store where they should have been from game release?

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out!

Yes, as I said, I investigated and could see a bit of what I needed to do. I have been experimenting with new reward trait xmls without success, so I guess it's the lack of new simdata files that was holding me back. So there is a simdata file to match each reward or is there one simdata file that has a whole lot in? So I looked and found what I needed there. It's really helpful that you've nudged me in the right direct. I was on the edge of getting there myself but this helps a lot. No I didn't know about the extra base game reward traits. Are there already reward files for them? I'll have to poke about. Thanks a lot, coolspear. I worked as a game designer for almost 10 years and did stuff way more complicated than this back then. But it's been a while and I've only semi-seriously been looking into Sims 4 mods.

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Smeg Head
#28 Old 21st May 2018 at 12:36 PM
Yeah, there are some half-built files for the two missing reward traits. They were always available via the debug method but Maxis messed up on their files that should've placed them in the reward store, and to this date they have not tidied it up. In the mod I linked to they have been tidied up and are now rightfully in reward store. The "Memorable" and "Sincere" reward traits.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:38 AM
I love the expanded list they are a great addition and make a lot of sense. I don't know why
the S4 staff didn't add them in the game? Thank you for your time and talent!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:57 AM Last edited by zeldagirl180 : 24th May 2018 at 5:40 AM.
Awesome! Can I offer some feedback though? I think the naturalist trait and the one for the writer reward should both cost a bit more, as they're probably one of the strongest traits in the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyGem1010
I love the expanded list they are a great addition and make a lot of sense. I don't know why
the S4 staff didn't add them in the game? Thank you for your time and talent!

Well they did in a way... they are there waiting for you as rewards when you complete Aspirations. I'm not sure the Aspirations would be very appealing without some kind of decent reward. But yes it is definitely nice to have them available through an alternative route.

Quote: Originally posted by zeldagirl180
Awesome! Can I offer some feedback though? I think the naturalist trait and the one for the writer reward should both cost a bit more, as they're probably one of the strongest traits in the game.

It just shows how differently we value these things. For me, naturalist is almost never useful. My sims that cook tend to have high skill and nobody ever seems to get on fire. When they do, it's simple to put it out. The writer one... I have only ever used it once. Bringing sims back from life is just not something I tend to do in my games. But thanks for the feedback! I will consider it if I do ever update the prices.

Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:46 PM
Hi,

can you add the traits received from the characterstats empathy, manners, emotional control ... when becoming adult?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MortiferusX
Hi,

can you add the traits received from the characterstats empathy, manners, emotional control ... when becoming adult?

Hi MortiferusX! Yes I would like to add those. They're not as straightforward to add as the others in the mod already, but they're on my to do list. Unfortunately I've got a lot of distractions, including searching for a job, so they may take some time.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Well they did in a way... they are there waiting for you as rewards when you complete Aspirations. I'm not sure the Aspirations would be very appealing without some kind of decent reward. But yes it is definitely nice to have them available through an alternative route.

It just shows how differently we value these things. For me, naturalist is almost never useful. My sims that cook tend to have high skill and nobody ever seems to get on fire. When they do, it's simple to put it out. The writer one... I have only ever used it once. Bringing sims back from life is just not something I tend to do in my games. But thanks for the feedback! I will consider it if I do ever update the prices.

I don't do either often either, but they both sound like something a very powerful person would have. Fire is especially more useful now that we have the jungle adventures. IF you don't ever update it that's fine lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:50 AM
Thanks, Frimlin - I love this mod! I was wondering if there is any chance you could INCREASE the aspiration points needed? It still feels a little cheat-y to me. Though whether you can or not, I'm definitely using this mod in my game - thanks for making it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:53 AM
This is a great mod, I agree with the earlier comment that some of the prices need to be a bit higher, but it really is great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Frimlin : 18th Jun 2018 at 11:44 AM.
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to get in before the patch + Seasons release to update you. This mod may escape being affected by the patch, but it will be affected by Seasons, because it contains new rewards relating to the seasons and temperature. What will most likely happen is that you will not see those new rewards added by Seasons if you keep an old version of this mod in the game.

But don't worry because I will work as fast as I can to get the mod updated. I anticipate it won't be tough to update it. So as long as everything goes as expected, an updated version of this mod should come quickly.

Thank you so much for your support! Both here and on my YouTube channel. I really appreciate it. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by zeldagirl180
I don't do either often either, but they both sound like something a very powerful person would have. Fire is especially more useful now that we have the jungle adventures. IF you don't ever update it that's fine lol.

Thank you, Zeldagirl180. What I aim to do is to slightly increase the prices of these rewards you mentioned. It may not be all you wanted, but I also don't want to make it too expensive for those of us who don't want them too expensive. So I expect around 500 points more, or something like that. I hope that helps a bit.

Quote: Originally posted by shells
Thanks, Frimlin - I love this mod! I was wondering if there is any chance you could INCREASE the aspiration points needed? It still feels a little cheat-y to me. Though whether you can or not, I'm definitely using this mod in my game - thanks for making it!

Hi Shells! It is very likely I will make a "double price" version of the mod. It might come along with the Seasons update, but we'll see - I don't want to promise anything. I hope this helps you.

Quote: Originally posted by Sephirajo
This is a great mod, I agree with the earlier comment that some of the prices need to be a bit higher, but it really is great.

I am going to release a "double price" version of the mod, but also will increase the prices of a couple of the traits mentioned. If there are specific traits you think should be higher, please let me know, and I will consider it. Thank you.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM
Hi Everyone! After today's pre-Seasons patch, the mod seems to have basic compatibility. This means you can keep the mod installed and it should work pretty much as it did before. However, a new reward was added in this patch, a "re-traiting potion." This new reward will not be available for you to purchase with my mod installed. I will work on updating the mod to include this new reward as soon as possible, however it is likely that it will not be added until I update the mod to include the new rewards coming in the Seasons pack, later this week.

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions. Thank you. :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:23 AM Last edited by Frimlin : 20th Jun 2018 at 9:14 AM.
This mod is now fully compatible with Seasons + Season Pre-Patch, game version 1.44.77
  • Now includes new Base Game rewards: Re-Traiting Potion
  • Now includes new Seasons Expansion Pack rewards: Waterproof, Storm Chaser, Cold Acclimation, Heat Acclimation, Money Tree, Iceproof, Heatproof
I have also included an enhancement request, increasing the price of the Naturalist & Poetic traits slightly.

I have not yet implemented the double price version. But it will come in time!

Thanks again for the support, both here and on my YouTube channel. :lovestruc

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:34 AM
Thank you for the quick update to Seasons! This is an amazing mod, it adds items that should have been included in S4 all along.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyGem1010
Thank you for the quick update to Seasons! This is an amazing mod, it adds items that should have been included in S4 all along.

So lovely to hear from someone! :lovestruc Everyone's been so quiet - but I just assume that means everything is okay. Glad you like the mod!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:20 PM
Thanks a lot! I was looking for something like this for some time now! I really appreciate your hard work and fast update.
/clap
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:05 PM
Oops! Somehow at some point I deleted the header image. It's back! That's what the "update" was today. That and nothing else.

Quote: Originally posted by Yllia
Thanks a lot! I was looking for something like this for some time now! I really appreciate your hard work and fast update.
/clap

You're most welcome.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:43 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:56 AM
Great Job Frimlin! Thank You!! Only a question... Can i use it with "Add Remove Traits On Sim Non Debug" by Coolspear?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxtheCat
Great Job Frimlin! Thank You!! Only a question... Can i use it with "Add Remove Traits On Sim Non Debug" by Coolspear?

Hey MaxtheCat! You're welcome. I had a quick look and I think that individual mod should be fine. It doesn't seem to alter the same file mine does. Best way to be sure, though, is to play with them both and see. Good luck!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 10:03 AM
Very Nice! Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:48 PM
tyvm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:28 AM
Oh cool! I always thought it was kinda unfair that a sim could only get the reward trait for ONE branch of their chosen career. Why not master it all? Thanks. Now my sims can be truly self-employed and still get those rewards!
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:44 PM
Would this be considered a script mod or would I have to unzip the file?
Page 2 of 12