Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elven Modular Stairs *updated for scriptorium*

by Lethe_s Posted 27th Aug 2006 at 5:39 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2008 at 9:24 AM by Lethe_s

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:14 AM
cecikiti,
I'm working on it
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:18 AM
they are stunning, I can't wait to use them
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:23 AM
These are beautiful. I only got given the game for christmas and as a LOTR fan - particularly Elves - these were one of the first things I hit when I searched.

I followed your instructions and they work, but for some reason I can't get the darker brown and white recolours to work - is there a reason for this that I've not realised?

I've not tried making them 'stack' together yet - that should be interesting. :D
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 5:33 AM
Thank you,it's wonderful .
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:38 PM
Default Recolors Not Showing Up
First and foremost, I absolutely love your items. :lovestruc You're so creative and talented.
Anyway, I am having the same issue with recolors that PointyEaredBowTwanger is having. I installed the files using the scriptorium instructions. The light wood color option shows up just fine in the game, but there is no option for the dark wood or white wood recolors. Is there something that I need to do to make those two recolors show up?
Thank you, in advance, for your reply.

Iavasgil
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 9:13 PM
Iavasgil and PointyEaredBowTwanger,
please reread the design instructions in the first post.
Stairs have no catalog options for recolours, so you have to use the design tool.
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:26 AM
I LOVE The Stairs they're beautiful and would liek them in my game BUT I'm trouble with finding the modular stairs text file. Where would the program files be found? I'll try to look again but i am SO determined to get those gorgeous stairs of yours ^_^
Theorist
#58 Old 5th May 2007 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cecikiti
Awesome stairs!
Any chance of getting a version that works with Numenor's Scriptorium? I know, I could probably convert it myself, but editing text files I don't understand scares me.

It's very nice to now have the Scriptorium version available - thank you Lethe_s!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:54 PM
Wow...amazing. I love it....and I love elves :-)

cuio vae

Legolas
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:33 PM
Simply fantastic! It's gorgeous! I just love it!

Don't hate me for my negative personality... It's in the blood.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 2:08 PM
Great work!
Forum Resident
#62 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 12:09 PM
thank you!
Now I've understood how the scriptorium works, I can use these great stairs!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:17 PM
I'm not sure if I'm retarded, or the stairs just don't like, haha! I have downloaded them a couple times now, [[after deleting them of course]] and still they will not show up in the game anywhere. I tried to install them the second way, [[C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/The Sims2/TSData/Res/Catalog/Scripts/modularstairs.txt]] but, I don't have any TSData [[and everything after]] within my computer, I have downloaded a lot of things, and they always go straight to my dowload section, then they work, however, this one doesn't. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what, I have sims 2, nightlife, pets, and university, so I don't think any of those are the cause for this.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:23 PM
tsukami,
hmm, with the ep's you have, you definitely should get it to work.
Have you downloaded and installed stairs before? The easiest way by far is to go and get the scriptiorium, and then download the scriptorium version of these stairs.
Remember, the actual package still goes in the Downloads folder, only the txt file goes somewhere else.
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 3:13 PM
These are really beautiful. Thanks for all your hard work & for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:57 PM
Hey there!
One question, since i couldn't make the stairs appear in the game after using the scriptorium method, would it make any difference if i installed them manually?
Would having scriptorium installed affect manual instalation?

Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:44 AM
the stairs are very beautiful i lov it thanks ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:58 PM
Very very beautiful! they helped a lot with my Rivendell. Still there is something that i could not find on any site: a replica for the wooden arches of Elrond's house. I love the way they look in the movie, during the council scene and when Elrond and Arwen are talking outside. Do you think you could try making some for me and for all LOTR fans out there? I'm just dieing to have them on my lot, i love them, especially the upper part..like a celtic model or smth. TX
Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 7:38 PM
This modular stairs are very beautiful! And thanks to your detailed instructions, it has been very simple put them in the game! Thank you very much for sharing! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 8:04 PM
Thank you !! :)))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:49 AM
thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#72 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:12 AM
Thank you