Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#376 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 1:40 PM
Default *Fist pump*
Can I just say how elated I am that everything went smoothly with using the Sunlit Tides files for the water in my new world?!?!?! I'm far from an advanced CAW user and everything in this post was easy to follow/implement. Thanks to everyone who shared their experience, I definitely learned a ton from reading what everyone had to say.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:43 PM
hy there!

I don't know what's the correct topic for my "problem", so I write it here.
I know that color ramps will be removed after saving a world in CAW.

I always imported the correct files with SimPE before I edit my world, but some days ago
CAW does not remove the color ramps and the .inis. ever since I didn't import any files to my world.
I don't know what I did, but my color ramps and .inis are remained!
I think it's a good thing, but I can't import other color ramps to testing.

I used Moonlight Falls water, sky and cloud colors, weather colors are the Sims University's.
the .ini files are from Roaring Heights.

EIG doesn't show my color ramps, there're the base colors (such as in Sunset Valley).

someone has any ideas what happened?
if we can figure it out, it will be a breakthrough!

sorry about my English, I'm Hungarian.
thanks in advance!
Forum Resident
#378 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:21 AM Last edited by auntielynds : 30th Mar 2015 at 2:55 AM.
The ini files are the ones that get dumped upon the first save in caw, but the color ramps have always stayed in the .world file even after saving in caw. You can delete them in S3PE by right clicking on them, and choosing the "Deleted" option. A line will appear through the file listing and then save when you've done all of them.

You could also alter the names of the file so you can make a config folder. CAW resource packaging routines
Test Subject
#379 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:13 AM
wow, thank you.
I think I misunderstood something when I read about this.
it can't be a "breakthrough". :D

but everything's good.

(the newest Riverblossom Hills is coming.)
Lab Assistant
#380 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 10:36 PM Last edited by lolalule : 24th Apr 2015 at 10:52 AM.
Hello,
I want to have clearer water and tried out to change S3_1F886EAD_00000000_D89F9D186B7BB372%%+_INI.ini - the water depth. But I couldn´t recognize a change. I didn´t try out the fog distance thingie, because thats somehow illogical to me, cause I want the fog to be nearer to the ground but just in the water. Wouldnt changing the fog distance not also change the "normal" not under water fog?
Could someone help me out? I don´t want a special color or light - just clearer water.

Ok, I found the defogger here maybe that will help

edit:
Grmmpf. I can´t get rid of fog. I tried it with the package for caw and tried to import the .ini into the world file... There are no other ini files in my world.

Edit:
Ok then another way.
I like the water how it is in the overcast setting. But I dont want to have the fog. If I change the fog the water gets black.

If someone has a clue what really effects the water murk would really help me I wasted a few hours on this already

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
#381 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 8:58 AM
Hi! I have read this discussion/thread a lot of times, and I love creating worlds and would love to change the .ini files and colour ramps and all that, to make the world even more "mine". I just have a few problems with CAW.
Firstly, the thing that really bugs me, is that I don't have the folder I'm supposed to have. Y'know, the 'The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Ini' one. I don't even have the GameData one.
And secondly - which is a bit unrelated to this thread but in case anyone can help me I would be very grateful - I cannot open the Edit In Game mode in CAW. Could these two problems be related?
Extremely happy for any help I can get!
/Hedvig
Test Subject
#382 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
Hello,
I want to have clearer water and tried out to change S3_1F886EAD_00000000_D89F9D186B7BB372%%+_INI.ini - the water depth. But I couldn´t recognize a change. I didn´t try out the fog distance thingie, because thats somehow illogical to me, cause I want the fog to be nearer to the ground but just in the water. Wouldnt changing the fog distance not also change the "normal" not under water fog?
Could someone help me out? I don´t want a special color or light - just clearer water.

Ok, I found the defogger here maybe that will help

edit:
Grmmpf. I can´t get rid of fog. I tried it with the package for caw and tried to import the .ini into the world file... There are no other ini files in my world.

Edit:
Ok then another way.
I like the water how it is in the overcast setting. But I dont want to have the fog. If I change the fog the water gets black.

If someone has a clue what really effects the water murk would really help me I wasted a few hours on this already

There's this: "Sea.ini: 'Tunable Parameters Related to Sea'. Texture scales, water speed and wave appearance are determined here.No water colour is specified in this file, but there is an important figure- WaterDepthFactor. This determined how clear or murky the water is- how deep you have to go before the water is coloured. In Sunset valley the murk is blue, in Bridgeport grey. There are also refraction and shore blending figures here."
Hope that helps
Lab Assistant
#383 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HedvigsUnicorn
There's this: "Sea.ini: 'Tunable Parameters Related to Sea'. Texture scales, water speed and wave appearance are determined here.No water colour is specified in this file, but there is an important figure- WaterDepthFactor. This determined how clear or murky the water is- how deep you have to go before the water is coloured. In Sunset valley the murk is blue, in Bridgeport grey. There are also refraction and shore blending figures here."
Hope that helps

That was the first thing I tried. There is this warning to not set the measure to 0, because then you would get all clear water. But I can not reproduce that - even with the bridgeport ini the water is not all clear.
I think it has to do with the fog, because if you change that setting in caw you see no murk.

My problem is - I want to have clear water , but it has to be deep - so diving lots will work. But I think its not possible

"Note that this value gets baked into the verts at geometry generation time, and currently is not getting re-applied per-frame" - Maybe that´s the problem?

Im not a native speaker
dodgy builder
#384 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HedvigsUnicorn
Hi! I have read this discussion/thread a lot of times, and I love creating worlds and would love to change the .ini files and colour ramps and all that, to make the world even more "mine". I just have a few problems with CAW.
Firstly, the thing that really bugs me, is that I don't have the folder I'm supposed to have. Y'know, the 'The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Ini' one. I don't even have the GameData one.
And secondly - which is a bit unrelated to this thread but in case anyone can help me I would be very grateful - I cannot open the Edit In Game mode in CAW. Could these two problems be related?
Extremely happy for any help I can get!
/Hedvig

That wouldn't surprice me a bit. There might be possible to upload those files for you, but I don't know how doing that will work if you don't have the folders either. Making a big world without having EIG is not easy. You know there is tons of google artikles out there about EIG problems, and there is lots of links at the top of the create-a-world forum from simsample's days. All tutorials on this matter is quite old, so it's just about finding the right sort of information to sort out your problem. The links from simsample can be useful at figuring out where your problem is, so it's easlier to find a solution.

What I would start with was to make a dedicated game folder just for caw. It then just loads what it needs to lift your world, and don't fill it up with stuff immediately. Often the problem can relate to your comp not being strong enough, or the program not being able to lift all the CC.
Lab Assistant
#385 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:34 AM
Hello I can't find the ini files in S3PE looked under tag no ini at all .help appreciated
Forum Resident
#386 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:49 AM
Lab Assistant
#387 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:51 AM Last edited by bethiedoll : 15th May 2015 at 7:06 PM.
Hello any custom world ini files disappear or change to img files .Any world file I open s3p3 I get error message resource names may not be displayed.I have uninstalled and reinstalled s3p3 same Error reading _KEY 0166038C:00000000:EB2B7661AC82C7C5.Any help appreciated.thx
Attached files:
File Type: rar  world file.rar (29.40 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: hi this theworld file
Forum Resident
#388 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:54 AM
If you could upload the .world file you opened up then i can take a look.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#389 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:36 PM
Is it possible to create a neighborhood with a midnight's sun? (Like the North Pole/South Pole) I mean polar nights or days.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
#390 Old 19th May 2015 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Is it possible to create a neighborhood with a midnight's sun? (Like the North Pole/South Pole) I mean polar nights or days.

In one of the ini files is a line you can change the sunset and sunrise time so you could conceivably have a world with only an hour of night, or vice versa. Here's the ini files ready to import;
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...406#post4113406

Look for the Sky Common file.
Test Subject
#391 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 6:07 PM
Hey,
I´m sorry for my bad English. I want the INI files freom Lucky Palms, I had downloaded it from your Link. But when I want to open my World there is an error. I did all things, reallly, have you any idea?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#392 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:08 PM Last edited by heaven : 8th Jan 2016 at 6:19 PM.
Here I go, necroing old threads again. But it's relevant, I swear!

-Having some issues with my lighting files. They work fine in CAW (I've only worked on clear so far). I can keep the slider to the left for weather and go through time of day and everything looks how I want. However, I've taken these files and made a package file containing them to make a "custom" standalone lighting mod. I tried importing the color ramp and INIs directly into the installed (not CAW) .world file. I tried exporting the world with the clear ramp and INI imported (did not save in CAW after). None of these methods make the lighting show up properly in game. Sometimes I get hints of it. Other times clear is a direct "copy" of whatever weather file loaded with the world initially (sometimes overcast, usually partly cloudy). I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

-Base game color ramps. I know they don't really exist. However, I like some of the stuff from certain weather types but want to change other stuff. For example, I like some of the colors around sunrise in partly cloudy. But I want to alter the water color and sky color. Are there any color ramps that come close to the base game files that I could alter or do I need to somehow edit the INIs? Or try to recreate it by hand?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#393 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:52 PM
I fixed my first issue. Spoiler alert - it wasn't actually an issue.

I was using CMO's Time/Weather Mod. I didn't realize that the "clear" weather setting does not mean clear as in the weather setting clear. It seems to "clear" whatever weather you set and reverts back to whatever the one that should be loaded is. So when I would press "clear" it would default to the partly cloudy weather. I copied all my clear weather settings to the partly cloudy settings as well and it worked just fine.

FYI to anyone who thought to test in game this way as well.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#394 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
That was the first thing I tried. There is this warning to not set the measure to 0, because then you would get all clear water. But I can not reproduce that - even with the bridgeport ini the water is not all clear.
I think it has to do with the fog, because if you change that setting in caw you see no murk.

My problem is - I want to have clear water , but it has to be deep - so diving lots will work. But I think its not possible

"Note that this value gets baked into the verts at geometry generation time, and currently is not getting re-applied per-frame" - Maybe that's the problem?

I'm trying to understand that.

Apparently nothing has changed when I change the DepthWaterFactor value. I thought this setting had been disabled after so many updates, but I installed the initial game version and it also does not work.

I also don't realize any difference between murkness in Bridgeport and other worlds.

Please, who knows anything about this?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#395 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by e.arth
I also don't realize any difference between murkness in Bridgeport and other worlds.

Please, who knows anything about this?

The fog start and end distances are also relevant for the water clarity- this image shows the results for a single colour ramp when the fog start distance is set at 500, and the end set from 600 (left) to 2000 (right):

The water/fog colour is set in the colour ramp.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#396 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 2:15 PM
I should look into the fog - rather than it being an ugly effect seemingly present only to improve performance, it could easily be changed into a pleasant atmospheric fog effect.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#397 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I should look into the fog - rather than it being an ugly effect seemingly present only to improve performance, it could easily be changed into a pleasant atmospheric fog effect.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#398 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:05 PM
Adorable pets carrying yummy snacks aside, should be pretty straightforward considering you posted about the fog just today.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#399 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:53 PM
Oh, the sea & sky parameters are pretty straightforward. What I am pancake bunnying about is this:
rather than it being an ugly effect seemingly present only to improve performance

and this:
it could easily be changed into a pleasant atmospheric fog effect.

It does not improve performance, and it IS an atmospheric fog.
Mad Poster
#400 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 9:18 PM
Hence, seemingly. It's a thing older video games did. TS3 doesn't, but the connection is easily made. And sure, it's an atmospheric fog.......just a really ugly one. TS3 has terrible outdoor lighting by default, thinks everything's supposed to be shades of some horrible desaturated blue. Personally I think it's much better with bolder colours and more detailed color grading, especially at dawn and dusk. I should see whether I could sync up the fog coloration with the sun's position.....maybe give it a strong orange hue at sunset.

I've been tweaking my game's LUT bit by bit over the last few years. I'm sure it could be made better still.

insert signature here
Page 16 of 18