Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 4th Feb 2016 at 10:03 PM.
Default Hireable Gardener NPC
Now that Maxis has (finally) added a hireable gardener with the 1.15.55.1020 update, this mod will no longer be maintained

Since Daveo88 has long-since abandoned his Gardener NPC mod, I thought I'd take a stab at making a new one from scratch. I used the original as a reference as to what was needed for this mod to work. And so here is the result! Before I share it with the wider community though, I thought I'd take the time to have some willing participants give it a test run first. As far as my testing has shown, everything works as it should, but there may still be some oddities that I haven't accounted for. Please let me know your feedback, as well as any issues you encounter.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

DIFFERENCES FROM DAVEO88'S MOD:
- This mod supports The Sims 4 v1.13.104.1010 and supports various backend functionality that has been gradually introduced through patches.
- The gardener can now bypass locked doors that are set to Allow Employees, as other service NPCs can.
- The gardener now has their role displayed in the tooltip in red text like all other NPCs.
- Massage Therapist (added with The Sims 4: Spa Day) and Repair Service will correctly appear on the phone services menu with this mod installed.
- Having insufficient funds to pay the gardener should now properly result in their fees being added to household bills.
- Outstanding debts to the gardener will prevent you from hiring them again until they are paid off, like other service NPCs.
- Minor text string changes for consistency with similar existing text strings (e.g. tooltips and dialogues).
- Notifications that were missing icons now display appropriate icons.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DA_HireableGardener.rar (28.8 KB, 701 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Standard version - Compatible with TS4 v1.13
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 5:47 PM Last edited by catalina_45 : 21st Nov 2015 at 1:44 PM.
Thank you very, very much.

edit: it works, but it looks like a clown.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 22nd Nov 2015 at 4:41 PM.
Ha, that's pretty odd. I'm not able to replicate that issue, but I'll investigate further.

EDIT: Gardeners are generating properly in my game. Do you have any mods that affect NPCs, or the gardener outfit?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 5:10 PM
I have many mods. I tested for conflict with 2 program founded on MTS and there isn't any conflict...
Maybe one of this ?!
-[rar] MTS_scumbumbo_1534881_StickyClothesChoices_PATCHED-05-28
-No waiting time between sure sales Marquillotuca89
-CyberOps_Sure Sale For All Customers
-CyberOps-12-hour_Workdays_Active_Careers_Mod
-CyberOps-Less Slacking Employees Mod V2
-CyberOps_Customers_Wait_Forever

For me, if it works, doesn't matter the clothes... I will remove StickyClothesChoice to see if it change something.
(sorry for my English)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 5:48 PM
That mod could be causing the problem. According to Scumbumbo it's outdated and no longer being supported.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
That mod could be causing the problem. According to Scumbumbo it's outdated and no longer being supported.

I'll test tomorrow with all types of careers...with and without others mods...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 7:34 PM
i will test if i have that issue
great job btw i was wating for someone to update that mod
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 8:19 PM
its also generating random cloth for the gardener for me
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:16 PM
it's working... doesn't matter his clothes...but...
My Sims wanted to interact with the gardener. I cancelled the action (before that the action to become active) and the gardener does he got stuck in a plant cleaning (That is he was not off of plant cleaning) and my sims got stuck. I couldn't save my game, I couldn't debug the sims, nothing... I used start manager to close the game.
I hope that my poor English to be sufficient for explanations.
Smeg Head
#10 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:49 AM
Thank you Dorsal Axe.

For those who are experiencing the crazy clothing on NPCs issue, are any of you using this mod - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=559875 and/or any of these - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558764

They do need updating, and the gym bartender mod is known to cause the crazy outfit effect. It stopped happening in my game after I removed the mods. The more sims in venues set of mods I had to make my own newer versions as the older ones are out of date (Pre-Spa Day) and cause some particularly nasty little random, game crashing glitches over time. Not talking about too many sims causing crashes. I'm referring to the bug that randomly occurs that causes buff icons and sim avatars to go blank, also queued action circle icons go blank, sims get stuck in the clothing they were last wearing, and the game is broken and crashes when trying to save thereafter.

After removing these outdated mods, the horrid, random glitches are completely gone from my game.

I'll report back here after I see what clothing the gardener is wearing. Going to try it in my game later on this evening.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
For those who are experiencing the crazy clothing on NPCs issue, are any of you using this mod - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=559875 and/or any of these - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558764

I never used that 2 mods and the gardener continue to have random clothes and clown face. Plus, the gardener is always old man.

It is that, at least we have gardener.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 2:26 PM Last edited by janyses : 25th Nov 2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Still testing
Thanks a bunch for doing this. I also have the funny-looking gardener problem, but since I don't have a lot of mods I can easily figure out which one is conflicting.

ETA: I removed all other mods and CC and it's still happening. I'm stumped.

I'm also seeing this weird problem: Sometimes the gardener does not arrive (or so I thought,) but then I realized that the community gardener will appear instead, doing his usual work. When that gardener leaves, I get the popup telling how much he charged me for the service (even though he never once came to my home lot.) When this happens, the popup will have a llama as the icon picture instead of the gardener's face. The community gardener is always dressed appropriately, by the way. The mod's gardener not only wears weird clothing, but face paint, accessories and sometimes the llama mascot head.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by janyses
I'm also seeing this weird problem: Sometimes the gardener does not arrive (or so I thought,) but then I realized that the community gardener will appear instead, doing his usual work. When that gardener leaves, I get the popup telling how much he charged me for the service (even though he never once came to my home lot.) When this happens, the popup will have a llama as the icon picture instead of the gardener's face. The community gardener is always dressed appropriately, by the way. The mod's gardener not only wears weird clothing, but face paint, accessories and sometimes the llama mascot head.

It happens in the same way to me, but I couldn't explain with my poor English.
Smeg Head
#14 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 2:17 PM
It has been suspected that Maxis have introduced a new costume assignment for NPCs during seasonal events. During the Halloween period, you may have noticed all NPC bar workers turning up for work in crazy party costumes. It seems Maxis can switch this off and on during the particular holiday. So we may see barstaff turning up in Santa costumes come the Christmas holidays, as the Easter Bunny, come that time of year again. A CC mod to have barstaff turn up in Star Wars costumes at a Star Wars themed bar. (From what I've seen in the XML NPC clothing assignments it seems achievable. Though without scripting, barstaff would wear Star Wars stuff in all bars.)

If your unique CC NPC is not on their new switch on and switch off holiday costume list, then it may well be a case of permanent party gear for them. I cannot confirm this, but since it has been suggested, it may well have some bearings on CC NPCs like this gardener or the gym bar staff mod who both suffer the same costume craziness.

BTW, I haven't yet hired a gardener to find out the costume situation in my own game. Trouble is, I have a set of my own gardening mods that slows down the need for weeding, insect sprays and watering. Especially the Herbicide Oil from Outdoor Retreat. I've boosted that to keep weeds from returning for over two sim weeks. (Just like real life.) So I haven't, as yet, needed to hire a gardener.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:20 PM
I hadn't realised they added that. I'll investigate. Thanks.
Instructor
#16 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 8:19 PM
So cool. I will definitely test this out. I loved Dave's mod, so nice to have an updated version for it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 1:15 PM
It has been suspected that Maxis have introduced a new costume assignment for NPCs during seasonal events. During the Halloween period, you may have noticed all NPC bar workers turning up for work in crazy party costumes. It seems Maxis can switch this off and on during the particular holiday. So we may see barstaff turning up in Santa costumes come the Christmas holidays, as the Easter Bunny, come that time of year again. A CC mod to have barstaff turn up in Star Wars costumes at a Star Wars themed bar. (From what I've seen in the XML NPC clothing assignments it seems achievable. Though without scripting, barstaff would wear Star Wars stuff in all bars.)

If your unique CC NPC is not on their new switch on and switch off holiday costume list, then it may well be a case of permanent party gear for them. I cannot confirm this, but since it has been suggested, it may well have some bearings on CC NPCs like this gardener or the gym bar staff mod who both suffer the same costume craziness.

BTW, I haven't yet hired a gardener to find out the costume situation in my own game. Trouble is, I have a set of my own gardening mods that slows down the need for weeding, insect sprays and watering. Especially the Herbicide Oil from Outdoor Retreat. I've boosted that to keep weeds from returning for over two sim weeks. (Just like real life.) So I haven't, as yet, needed to hire a gardener.

The odd thing is, when I take the gardener to CAS the weird outfit does not appear in any of his presets, including everyday and party wear. It only appears in Live mode. I tested it again after uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no other mods or CC. I was thinking that I'd at least be able to change the outfit in CAS.
Smeg Head
#18 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janyses
The odd thing is, when I take the gardener to CAS the weird outfit does not appear in any of his presets, including everyday and party wear. It only appears in Live mode. I tested it again after uninstalling and reinstalling the game with no other mods or CC. I was thinking that I'd at least be able to change the outfit in CAS.

Those outfits are special NPC career outfits and have no category in Cas. There are mods and tricks you can use to change career outfits, but I think you only have success with them on playable sims career outfits. The NPC outfits are a lot more tricky to manipulate.
But if you want to try to manipulate the look of an individual NPC's career outfit for whatever reason, then somewhere in the combination of these three mods you might find the answer.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770
http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/120497...-career-outfits

Although, with CC NPCs, even if you do tidy up their career outfits, there's a very real possibility the game will only kit them out as clowns again due to a new factor I mentioned a little earlier in this thread.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by janyses : 29th Nov 2015 at 6:48 PM.
Those outfits are special NPC career outfits and have no category in Cas. There are mods and tricks you can use to change career outfits, but I think you only have success with them on playable sims career outfits. The NPC outfits are a lot more tricky to manipulate.
But if you want to try to manipulate the look of an individual NPC's career outfit for whatever reason, then somewhere in the combination of these three mods you might find the answer.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770
http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/120497...-career-outfits

Although, with CC NPCs, even if you do tidy up their career outfits, there's a very real possibility the game will only kit them out as clowns again due to a new factor I mentioned a little earlier in this thread.

Thanks, I'll give those mods a try. It's all very confusing to me also because at least in my game, the CC NPC appears to be shared with the EA one. What I mean is, they do not appear to be separate. The gardener that I took into CAS was the official one working in public spaces. He was initially wearing the gardener outfit until he finished working. Then he spun into the clown outfit. So I'm wondering does that mean he has 2 special career outfits? Perhaps only 1 is career and the other is due to the new coding that you mentioned?

ETA: I see comments on Zerbu's page from people experiencing the same; when they attempt to change the career outfit, it does not affect nor remove the silly one. I guess they are also hidden like the career clothing. I won't waste time trying to fix it, then.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 9:01 AM
It will be an update for this mod after the new patch?... please, tell me yes...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:08 PM
Yes, I've been waiting for the patch to drop before looking further into things.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 9:23 AM
I will update the game only when this mod will be ready.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 4:01 PM
New version is up. You can grab it from the original post ^

The outfit issue should be fixed. In my testing, I managed to spawn several gardeners at once without any problems with their appearance. But feedback from anyone still experiencing issues would be very helpful.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 8:50 AM Last edited by catalina_45 : 15th Dec 2015 at 1:10 PM.
I loooooooooooove you !!!

Edit: It's working well with dec 2015 patch, but have some issue with Get Together instaled.
In the new EP, is blocking an action. You can not order any type of coffee at the "Coffee Bar" where there is an "Espresso Bar" with an Espresso Machine installed... very strange, but real. Believe me, I tested more times to be sure.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 12:43 PM
I haven't had any problems buying coffee, but the repairman no longer shows up with this installed.
Now maybe there's a conflict in my save, but it says the reoccurring gardener is active although he still does not appear and I cannot cancel. I'm going to try again in a new game.
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Outdated
Page 1 of 2