Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to stop sim from dying from the flu as soon as he wakes up?
I'm in a tricky situation.
There's this family that I play inside an apartment, and you know the problem with apartments... Sims get other sims sick all the time.

I have a mod that makes the flu "realistic" as in that the chances of dying from pneumonia in an unmodded game are very low, so this mod increases them so it actually does happen in the game. As a result, my sim got very sick. I let one sim die from the flu and I was fine with it, but I do not want this one to die because he has 3 children without any other adults in the family.

I remember sending this sim to bed to let him rest, then switching to another family because I play in rounds. Turns out that his illness seems to have worsened as I was playing with other households, because he wandered around other lots all the time. The result is that by now he's gotten so sick, that everytime I get into his household he dies as soon as he wakes up, leaving me no option to send him to sleep again or to eat that special soup to cure the flu.

Any cheats or mods that cure the flu? I can't make him do anything so I even doubt that getting the logic skill reward will work as I would have to make him take the potion- and he literally dies as soon as he gets out of the bed. Should I just get rid of my sickness mod? I don't want to, but I can't think of anything else.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:33 AM
It sounds like you have the broken version of the real sickness mod that causes sleeping make sickness worse. There's a note on the first post in that thread about where to find the fixed version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
It sounds like you have the broken version of the real sickness mod that causes sleeping make sickness worse. There's a note on the first post in that thread about where to find the fixed version.

I see... What thread is it? I can't remember where I got the mod
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 3:07 AM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 11:44 AM
I'm not sure switching the mod would help him at this point, just prevent the problem from happening in the future, but the Sim Manipulator can cure disease and Cyjon has a mod for extra genie wishes that includes curing the plague.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:21 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 19th Sep 2021 at 3:22 PM. Reason: Forgot a word... oops!
Also, if this sim knows a relative with a Family primary, or secondary aspiration, then they can make some comfort soup and invite him over, as he won't die while a guest at someone's house. He should be cured after that, at least in my experience with sickness in the hood.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwitangerine
I'm in a tricky situation.
There's this family that I play inside an apartment, and you know the problem with apartments... Sims get other sims sick all the time.

I have a mod that makes the flu "realistic" as in that the chances of dying from pneumonia in an unmodded game are very low, so this mod increases them so it actually does happen in the game. As a result, my sim got very sick. I let one sim die from the flu and I was fine with it, but I do not want this one to die because he has 3 children without any other adults in the family.

I remember sending this sim to bed to let him rest, then switching to another family because I play in rounds. Turns out that his illness seems to have worsened as I was playing with other households, because he wandered around other lots all the time. The result is that by now he's gotten so sick, that everytime I get into his household he dies as soon as he wakes up, leaving me no option to send him to sleep again or to eat that special soup to cure the flu.

Any cheats or mods that cure the flu? I can't make him do anything so I even doubt that getting the logic skill reward will work as I would have to make him take the potion- and he literally dies as soon as he gets out of the bed. Should I just get rid of my sickness mod? I don't want to, but I can't think of anything else.

Me I like to use the InSimenator to cure disease. I happen to use the Object version so I would let him sleep, but I would place the Disease Mod which looks like a Face Mask on a convenient wall and then I would use it to cure him without waking him up.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 12:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the answers, I had to resort to pleading for the grim reaper to not take him away and won after many tries so my sim is back to life, yay...? I'll keep in mind your tips before a disaster like this happens again!