Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#126 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:43 AM
Anyone know if there's a non official site link for LA? I don't do anything on the TS3 site
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#127 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Anyone know if there's a non official site link for LA? I don't do anything on the TS3 site

Idk if it works, but it was the first link I found when looking.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jawnq68g69tz6le
Alchemist
#128 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
Idk if it works, but it was the first link I found when looking.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jawnq68g69tz6le

Thanks Jay, I'll check that out when I get home from work
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
Check your messages here kenny.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smacksim2
Redcliffs has known problems that the creator is aware of. Unfortunately the earthquakes in NZ has her a bit busy for awhile..

Oh dang, I wish I saw this earlier. Would have saved a lot of time trying to get it to work lol

Now to choose another world until all is well...
Instructor
Original Poster
#131 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 10:00 PM
For everyone having trouble with Redcliffs, I've found that changing all the lots to 'No Visitors', not just Military Point Park, got the lagging and crashes to stop for me. I'm not sure if it'll stop the crashing on your end, but it's worth a shot.
Field Researcher
#132 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 12:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. I may try to reinstall and try that, although I never had any lag or crashing. My issue was that not all of the content was showing up, despite following the instructions perfectly.
After googling for some help, someone mentioned that it might have be the newest patch that is causing problems?

In the meantime, Georgia Falls is calling my name
Instructor
Original Poster
#133 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 1:28 PM
Ahh yes, I had that issue arise as well. It finally started working when I played the LN savegame, but none of the content will show up if I start a game fresh which is v. disappointing.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 9:53 PM
Mhm, that would be the problem; the content doesn't show up in the save at all. I followed the instructions perfectly - nadda.

In the mean time, has any tried out Brooklyn Heights? Am going to try it out later this weekend when I have enough time to play. Looked nice
http://www.mysimrealty.com/2011/03/...ights-v-10.html
Inventor
#135 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:10 AM
I love Los Aniegos.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/295247.page

It's perfect as my celebrity themed 'hood.

Also for Potter lovers, such as myself, this hood is a MUST:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/202415.page
Test Subject
#136 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 5:41 PM
Yay, thanks to this thread I found some nice worlds I'm gonna try, I tried LA, but sadly it keeps crashing and I'm yet to save a game I played in LA.
Gonna try some of the "medium" worlds some have mentioned here.
Redcliffs looks good so far :D
Field Researcher
#137 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:13 PM
Man, Los Aniegos is pretty awesome. Unfortunately it's so massive it slows down my game.

Also, I must be pretty picky because I've pretty much downloaded and tried every neighborhood mentioned in this thread, and none of them have offered what I wanted. I want a kinda grungy city that has plenty of lots that aren't located in skyscrapers and don't require elevators to get to. I guess I'm gonna have to break out CAW
Instructor
Original Poster
#138 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:30 PM
Well I've tried to find a neighborhood suitable for my play-style, and I haven't found shit. I was good with Los Aniegos for awhile but like mentioned so many times before, it's way too big and laggy. I want a neighborhood that has plenty of suburbia, but also a significant downtown area with some high-rises. It seems as though you can only find one or the other.

I finally just gave in and turned to CAW. Right now I'm almost done edited a pre-made world in CAW, and changing things around to my liking etc.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 9:03 PM
Jay and anyone else going to try and create their own world -- you gotta let us know what you create! I'll be waiting to try it out myself. I have been trying Brooklyn Heights (I looked for the post about it in this thread but could not find it. It is there though.) Really am liking it so far. It's got a nice urban center with lots of residential lots ringing it. (and quite a few of the urban areas have placeholder shells or whatnot so you can make your own if you want.).
Instructor
Original Poster
#140 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 1:33 AM
Well the neighborhood I'm editing in CAW right now is the 'Simsville' remake. I changed the bridges, some of the roads, expanded a bit etc. Idk if the original creator would let me put it up for download, but I can post some screens and if you guys like it, I could probably upload it and PM a few of you the link to the dl.
Test Subject
#141 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hotaru801
I love Builder's Island because I use it a lot... Also, I love, Love, LOVE, Strangeville! I missed Strangetown when I made the switch to Sims 3. And now I have them back. (Hugs code)

can you send a link to it!!i've been trying to find a strangetown forever!! once i stopped playing TS2, i realized how much i actually missed strangetown!
Inventor
#142 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:34 AM
My playtest is done now for Neverglade, and I find that it has all of the great qualities of the other two worlds I have palytested. There was room to add subways on community lots in Neverglade and they work, all the houses are wonderful and I love the fact that it includes the World Travel houses from France and has a Euro style neighborhood. Its a fantastic foil to LA, and I find that I cant choose which one to play because they are both so engageing. I was afraid that I wouldnt see any quality suggestions, or that the worlds would pale in compairison to the ones Maxis included, but at this time I wonder why the ones we got with the game were not more interesting, though I do have a pretty great computer and Maxis has to create for a lot of lesser machines. I guess I can forgive them. For now. Back to decorating, all those houses and so little time.
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 3:44 AM
Someone had posted about worlds needing all of the packs and I wanted to share that I have a two worlds that do not need any - Elba Village and Meadow Glen. They are on my fansite, www.mysimrealty.com
Mad Poster
#144 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keito_harajuku
can you send a link to it!!i've been trying to find a strangetown forever!! once i stopped playing TS2, i realized how much i actually missed strangetown!

It's at Crazy Town registration is required.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#145 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:32 PM
So I happened upon this one website and this guy recreated Silent Hill. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but it looks amazing! It'd be perfect for the zombie apocalypse challenge imo.

http://evinfilms.blogspot.com/2011/...-hill-city.html
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:03 AM
Quote:
So I happened upon this one website and this guy recreated Silent Hill. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet but it looks amazing! It'd be perfect for the zombie apocalypse challenge imo.

just from the pictures, that is ten different kinds of amazing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#147 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy

Well, I downloaded it yesterday and while it does look amazing it is not really a world to play in, I think. For several reasons:
1. You'd need a pretty decent computer to run it on, because every single lot has between 30 and 170 (!) fog spawners on them, plus the world itself is foggy.
2. The creator used mainly houses from other sources, most of which use a lot of CC. So, even if you use the cc free version you will end up with houses with missing content. There is one lot, for example, that is worth approximately 350,000 ยง because, according to MasterController, it contained every expensive car. These must have been cc ones because they were invisible when I entered the lot.
3. Accordingly ErrorTrap gave me several script errors everytime I loaded this world because it couldn't find objects that were supposed to be there.
4. Maybe also because of that, most houses are barely furnished, so you will have to do a lot of editing before you can play in it.
5. Most of the community lots are merely there for decoration. Nothing you can do there except for sucking in some creepy atmosphere.

But maybe I can add a little WCIF in here? There is one house in Silent Hill that I'd really like to have. I attached a screenshot. Maybe someone remembers that. If not, this will at least give you an impression what this world looks like AFTER I had deleted all the fog spawners on all lots. Edit: It may look somewhat different originally because this is also one of the cases where I did not have the cc required and some things were replaced by default items, others were simply deleted.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:34 AM
My favourite is probably Georgia Falls. It runs fine with my computer - even though I've recently upgraded my PC, for example Los Aniegos lags terribly.

I've been editing Georgia Falls - adding bigger residential lots, late night clubs, and it's been fun. The neighbourhood has a distinctive atmosphere and I like the visual style a lot.
Test Subject
#149 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Olliepop
just from the pictures, that is ten different kinds of amazing.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

There are a lot of worlds (but I won't name them) that have great screen shots, but are completely unplayable. Some of these worlds were not meant to be played in.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:30 PM
I've been playing in Winchester for the past few days, and I've been quite happy with it.

It's a small world, but tons of seed and fish spawners (found all base-game seeds save for the money tree in the wild). It has all rabbitholes that I can see (a number are hidden in the basement to keep the looks). No gym, but there is a swimming pool available. Requires WA and AMB, but is CC-free.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Page 6 of 42