Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7976 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 7:56 AM
not sure if it's related to the thread, but there was one time when Romeo Rake's future descendants were entirely white with golden blonde hair lol. gotta love some diversity in this series.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7977 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 6:24 PM
When you reset a bar's portable piano in the hopes of Sim stopping playing it, but the game/mod decided it needs to go/disappear with the Sim playing it off the lot (presumably got stuffed in inactive Sims inventory forever)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#7978 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 3:13 AM
I'm testing some customized Not So Berry rules. My gen 3 sim aged up looking suspiciously familiar so I decided to overlay her face over her mom's and the founder...

Scholar
#7979 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 10:22 PM
I appreciate the fact that the repair people in TS3 don't particularly enjoy their work. I have seen how, after struggling with a broken sink for hours, they will invariably suffer a borderline nervous breakdown. I can sympathize. But what happened when I was playing earlier takes the biscuit! I was playing a household that I'd just moved in; a sink broke and the repairman was sent for. He arrived just as my sims were headed out the door to work or school, but instead of fixing the sink he selected a book from the bookcase and sat himself down at the kitchen table to read. All the while the sink kept gushing water and a steadily widening pool formed about both him and the table, but he seemed oblivious. It must have one helluva book!

When he'd finished it he returned it to the bookcase and then sat himself down to watch TV. After channel hopping for a while (and complaining about the the lousy reception) he got up and left. My sims arrived home shortly after that to find the kitchen and dining area transformed into a lake, and the sink still gushing away. And he charged them 50 Simoleons!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#7980 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 3:57 AM
Default Hypnotism
Last week Mitzy hypnotized herself with her husband's device, didn't move until she was about to piss herself without a bathroom on the floor, got into the elevator, went a floor up, only to get caught in the doors, fall on her face and piss herself a few feet away from the bathroom! I'll share the misery photos later ????
Test Subject
#7981 Old 7th May 2022 at 3:34 PM

Is this a bug or a feature? Tamara Donner is friends with a car.
Scholar
#7982 Old 7th May 2022 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melancolie

It was supposed to be a feature for the "vehicle enthusiast" trait, but somehow, EA, it ended up affecting every sim.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#7983 Old 7th May 2022 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
It was supposed to be a feature for the "vehicle enthusiast" trait, but somehow, EA, it ended up affecting every sim.

Didn't it work properly at one point? I wanna say it was broken by a patch but I really don't remember now.

Regardless, I use Buzzler's "No Car Relationships" mod to fix this, it's here

Basically makes it so that it works like it's supposed to. Sims won't form relationships with vehicles unless they have the "Vehicle Enthusiast" trait.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#7984 Old 7th May 2022 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK

Huh, I had no idea! Have never seen it before.
Scholar
#7985 Old 8th May 2022 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Didn't it work properly at one point? I wanna say it was broken by a patch but I really don't remember now.

It has been to long for my poor tired mind to remember. Getting old, haven't found a cowplant to milk in rl, yet.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#7986 Old 8th May 2022 at 9:06 PM
According to The Sims 3 Encyclopedia officially licensed Prima game guide, it says under unique features for the vehicle enthusiast trait: "These Sims automatically name their car and they gain a positive relationship with their car more quicker than other Sims."

It was always designed that all Sims would get a relationship with their vehicle but those with the vehicle enthusiast traits would have extra benefits. On a different note, I just learnt that the vehicle enthusiast trait is both in Late Night and Generations. Interesting.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Forum Resident
#7987 Old 8th May 2022 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
According to The Sims 3 Encyclopedia officially licensed Prima game guide, it says under unique features for the vehicle enthusiast trait: "These Sims automatically name their car and they gain a positive relationship with their car more quicker than other Sims."

It was always designed that all Sims would get a relationship with their vehicle but those with the vehicle enthusiast traits would have extra benefits. On a different note, I just learnt that the vehicle enthusiast trait is both in Late Night and Generations. Interesting.

Huh, well it's honestly still a bit weird to me that all Sims get it by default tbh. Yes, this is The Sims and everything - but VE is representative of the kind of people irl that see their cars as their "babies". Outside of that, I don't know anyone that particularly cares about their car to that extent, just that it's maintained and gets them from point A to B. But maybe that's just me.

Also, I don't put much stock into Prima and such because they aren't always spot-on about everything or can contain errors. I mean the in-game trait description for VE even says:

"Vehicle enthusiasts enjoy the craftsmanship of a fine ride and know the value of a dependable vehicle. Their relationship with their vehicles is a special one."

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#7988 Old 9th May 2022 at 7:26 PM
When I think of vehicle enthusiast, for me, it means one who has a hobby/interest whether for a particular car make and model or multiple and enjoys collecting and/or showcasing in car shows, enjoys all the history and trivia. Or even for those who cannot afford the car(s) still having a high interest, I would still classify as a vehicle enthusiast.Though in TS3 vehicle enthusiast has a different definition than mine and plays out differently too. But TS3 isn't known for every single trait being meaningful to gameplay.

"Also, I don't put much stock into Prima and such because they aren't always spot-on about everything or can contain errors."

I don't, ironically. Sleep deprivation affects me in more ways than one despite internally questioning, "Wait, didn't the vehicle enthusiast trait come from FLS?" Hopefully everyone knows to not always believe everything that is said and do their own research. In any case, I allow myself to be human and make mistakes and learn and apply what I learn in the future.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Instructor
#7989 Old 9th May 2022 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melancolie

I would never be "Good friends" with an ugly 80s car, I have standards unlike Tamara.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#7990 Old 10th May 2022 at 12:59 AM
Sims reacting with horror and fainting when a werewolf transforms.

Happens with my supernatural babies a lot, so I just want to scream at the parent Sim, "That is your child! You KNOW they are a werewolf, why are you still shocked?!"
Scholar
#7991 Old 12th May 2022 at 12:58 AM
Story Progression just popped up "Guess who just popped the question, our good friend Ethan Bunch! Thankfully Yumi Sekemoto said yes..." Wait WHAT!? Yumi is marrying someone younger than her son! Ethan, you realize you're not marrying rich, you're just marrying old?

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Instructor
#7992 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:18 PM
Someone care to explain to me why the butler put one of the children to bed in her bed and then went and slept in the child's bed?

What kind of sense does that make???

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#7993 Old 15th May 2022 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Sims reacting with horror and fainting when a werewolf transforms.

Happens with my supernatural babies a lot, so I just want to scream at the parent Sim, "That is your child! You KNOW they are a werewolf, why are you still shocked?!"

Yeah, I had a family where the father was a werewolf and I didn't know the wife having the coward trait would cause her to faint every time there was a full moon.

How did she not know her husband was a werewolf?!

My PC specs.
Test Subject
#7994 Old 17th May 2022 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Yeah, I had a family where the father was a werewolf and I didn't know the wife having the coward trait would cause her to faint every time there was a full moon.

How did she not know her husband was a werewolf?!

I mean.. I agree that it's an annoying piece of coding, but I could also totally see a cowardly person faint from the shock of seeing her husband turn into a werewolf... Every single time.
I know I would be kind of scared if I saw my significant other turn into a monster, even if I was prepared. :D
Scholar
#7995 Old 17th May 2022 at 3:08 AM
So long as he was house trained and didn't chew the furniture I wouldn't mind.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#7996 Old 17th May 2022 at 5:44 AM
Can always keep him entertained with fetch and belly rubs.
Mad Poster
#7997 Old 19th May 2022 at 7:14 AM
Richard Epcar, raking leaves in the rain after Lex Lang did a Heat of the Moment Kiss on my simself. This is like the second time the betrayal was placing blame on me and not the guy kissing me. Lex started it.

I have three toddlers to think about, two of which are Richard's twin boys.

The celebrity sin alphabet baby challenge is something I made myself as part of simulation to test chaos with the guidance within the programming.

Chaos, thy name is the experimental creator goddess within me.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#7998 Old 20th May 2022 at 7:56 PM
Husband and Wife sims get up out of bed.

Husband and Wife sims start making out.

Husband and Wife sims get back into bed(I think we can all see where this is going).

Butler sim stands in the corner of the room and watches and then boos wife sim for Woohooing with a fairy.

Also, I am not about to get one of my kids killed in an ancient tomb just for some extra credit so the school can stop asking!

My PC specs.
Field Researcher
#7999 Old 21st May 2022 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Also, I am not about to get one of my kids killed in an ancient tomb just for some extra credit so the school can stop asking!

You mean the opportunity "bring back a random artifact for school"? The really annoying thing is that even if you have NRaas' Traveler and can take the kiddos into the tombs, they can't even open treasure chests. They would have to either have a teen or adult hand it to them or find one on the floor/pedestal/table. I can see them not being able to push a stone statue or disarm a trap, but they can't open the lid on a box? Super annoying if you use chests at home to store things.

However you can use kids and toddlers to check for traps. "Hm. Junior mysteriously route failed trying to walk down that hall. There must be a trap there."
Instructor
#8000 Old 21st May 2022 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
You mean the opportunity "bring back a random artifact for school"? The really annoying thing is that even if you have NRaas' Traveler and can take the kiddos into the tombs, they can't even open treasure chests. They would have to either have a teen or adult hand it to them or find one on the floor/pedestal/table. I can see them not being able to push a stone statue or disarm a trap, but they can't open the lid on a box? Super annoying if you use chests at home to store things.

However you can use kids and toddlers to check for traps. "Hm. Junior mysteriously route failed trying to walk down that hall. There must be a trap there."

Yeah, that's the one. I never tried to fulfill it so I didn't know you needed a mod.

That makes it even more stupid.

Love your idea of how to use the kids.

My PC specs.
Page 320 of 321