Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#1626 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
...I...guess for some people there's nothin' quite like a face full of horse butt...?

Especially for my Sims. He is like the fourth Sim I have had that enjoys standing in the middle of his horse's butt. No exaggeration there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1627 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 4:59 PM
This damn attraction system -____-

Both the burglar and the cop who nailed him told the wife of one of my legacy's that they have "So much in common and should get to know each other better" The sad part is, I'm tempted to make her have an affair with this burglar now.
Mad Poster
#1628 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 5:29 PM
Do it do it do it do it do it do it.
Forum Resident
#1629 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:11 PM
The attraction system is a big fat liar. One of my Sims gets an attraction rating of 10 out of 10 with some girl ("I don't care what anyone else thinks, you're hot!")...yet when he tries to ask her out, she acts all disgusted and shoots him down.

YOU LIED TO ME, ATTRACTION SYSTEM. YOU HAVE HELPED NOTHING.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Field Researcher
#1630 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:38 PM
I was messing around with a family I made just for a photoshoot in a world I made just for taking that photoshoot, with no other people on it. When I first started, I got bored and decided to see what getting cursed by a mummy looks like because I haven't had it happen yet. So I added a bunch of sarcophaguses (sarcophagi? Apparently its sarcophagi. Who knew.) and set them to always have a mummy attack from them. My sims got their asses kicked pretty predictably, eventually got cursed and I moved on to doing my shoot. A few sim days later as I'm doing to photoshoot, one of my sims gets called up for a a date by some random long-named townie. I send him because he was just getting in the way of my shoot anyway.... and discover his date was one of the mummies. Oddly, they hit it off even though the mummy tried to kill him.
Lab Assistant
#1631 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
I was messing around with a family I made just for a photoshoot in a world I made just for taking that photoshoot, with no other people on it. When I first started, I got bored and decided to see what getting cursed by a mummy looks like because I haven't had it happen yet. So I added a bunch of sarcophaguses (sarcophagi? Apparently its sarcophagi. Who knew.) and set them to always have a mummy attack from them. My sims got their asses kicked pretty predictably, eventually got cursed and I moved on to doing my shoot. A few sim days later as I'm doing to photoshoot, one of my sims gets called up for a a date by some random long-named townie. I send him because he was just getting in the way of my shoot anyway.... and discover his date was one of the mummies. Oddly, they hit it off even though the mummy tried to kill him.

That totally needs to become a challenge. One sim in an entire town of mummies!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#1632 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:28 AM
While testing out the Alien powers, I called down a meteor. Of course, I didn't take into consideration the fact that I was on my home lot (oops). Several fires broke out, too many for just my two sims to handle by themselves, so I called the fire department. The very second the firefighters stepped onto the lot, the attraction system kicked in, and both firefighters expressed how impressed they are with people who try new crafts. I'm like Geez, can't we concern ourselves with the raging inferno before we start trying to chat each other up??

I hate the attraction system
Mad Poster
#1633 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:41 AM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 3rd Dec 2012 at 9:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Several fires broke out, too many for just my two sims to handle by themselves, so I called the fire department.

Why, why, why did I not think of this when my asylum was set on fire?! I think just a fire alarm is against the rules, not calling them yourself.

Mother of fuck I am a dumbass.

EDIT: Three people agree that I'm terminally stupid?
Theorist
#1634 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
While testing out the Alien powers, I called down a meteor. Of course, I didn't take into consideration the fact that I was on my home lot (oops). Several fires broke out, too many for just my two sims to handle by themselves, so I called the fire department. The very second the firefighters stepped onto the lot, the attraction system kicked in, and both firefighters expressed how impressed they are with people who try new crafts. I'm like Geez, can't we concern ourselves with the raging inferno before we start trying to chat each other up??

I hate the attraction system

I'm assuming that, since people are still complaining about it, there has yet to be a mod to disable the attraction system?

Now I'm having my doubts installing any patches, EPs or SPs that's going to incorporate such shitty system in my game, because my Sim has enough stalkers to handle without getting creepy date invites/confessions from them too.
Field Researcher
#1635 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 7:12 AM
You know Mingham, you can go to the local potion store and buy some brainwashing potions. They are designed so a monkey can use it...actually are there simians in Simnation?

But enough talk, the thing is either versions of the formula will make it impossible for the hapless sim to become a baby factory or sperm donor to the cause before you ultimately off them.

If you feel evil, a cure potion can rid them of their "zombie" curse, thus allowing them to live long enough before you afflict them with another terrible curse. I recommend the mummy as their vulnerability towards fire is even more supsectable and thus allowing Sprog to test out his new flammable objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#1636 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 8:21 AM
The attraction system is majorly flawed. But it's not so bothersome for me at least.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1637 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I'm assuming that, since people are still complaining about it, there has yet to be a mod to disable the attraction system?

Yes. You need to register at this site, but it's free, and a great resource. Shimrod created a fix which can be found here .
Field Researcher
#1638 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:55 PM
Teenage Sim, taught to drive, has a new car, and an expensive bed that sleeps well.

I wake him up early and get him ready to go to school. He heads off to school and makes it to the front
of the school about to enter then turns around and walks back across town to try to catch the bus. This
interaction could not be cancelled. By the time he walks home school is nearly over.
Lab Assistant
#1639 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
Teenage Sim, taught to drive, has a new car, and an expensive bed that sleeps well.

I wake him up early and get him ready to go to school. He heads off to school and makes it to the front
of the school about to enter then turns around and walks back across town to try to catch the bus. This
interaction could not be cancelled. By the time he walks home school is nearly over.

Yesterday evening, I killed a sim for this.
Field Researcher
#1640 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
Yesterday evening, I killed a sim for this.

I was tempted...
Inventor
#1641 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:16 AM
So my Sim decided that outside, in front of the stables was a good place to give birth. One of the horses thought so too, and decided to stay with her to make sure everything went right. Her husband came outside and started freaking out at her because he wanted her to go to the hospital. The horse didn't and got in between them to try and stop him. The husband won that fight, and the horse decided digging for onions was a better way to spend his time.
Screenshots
Scholar
#1642 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
This damn attraction system -____-

Both the burglar and the cop who nailed him told the wife of one of my legacy's that they have "So much in common and should get to know each other better" The sad part is, I'm tempted to make her have an affair with this burglar now.

Nononoooo!!! She has to have an affair with the cop! She was so impressed about how he handled the burglar that she cant stop thinking about him. Her husband doesnt find out until she has a baby by him. and then he leaves her, and the cop admits hes married and shes left alone to raise the baby.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#1643 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Nononoooo!!! She has to have an affair with the cop! She was so impressed about how he handled the burglar that she cant stop thinking about him. Her husband doesnt find out until she has a baby by him. and then he leaves her, and the cop admits hes married and shes left alone to raise the baby.

That's the kind of evil sh** I would normally do. But I've done that before. Meanwhile I've still never had a sim hook up with a burglar
Lab Assistant
#1644 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 4:33 PM
Five people, one dish full of food, a large kitchen with two doors to keep traffic flowing and a dining table with eight chairs. Everyone complaining because one of the others is in the way; an hour and a half later, one of them finally takes his meal and goes to eat outside in a thunderstorm (because of this he will later start the fourth cold epidemic in the family of the summer). Another one goes to eat in the bedroom upstairs, a third one decides to eat standing in front of the common dish, blocking the way to the remaining two.

We have some serious AI working under the bonnet, here.
Forum Resident
#1645 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:12 PM
Fire starts in the adjacent lot. So far no problem The sims next door having the usual freak out.. Incredibly leave the house..

With a raised eyebrow I decide to open the house. Thanks twallan.

Anyways the sims leave.. My bunch of geniuses decide to get out of bed and run over to watch the fire. By luck and maybe the fact the fire was confined to the bathroom.. i do not want to know how that fire got started in the middle of the floor.

Any ways my bunch of ever so smart Sims are standing in front of the firemen as they are hosing the bathroom down. Probably why they did not go up in flames. Quite honestly I was going to let them die as being too stupid to continue being a legacy family..

By the time the fire is out the home owners have returned, but my bunch was still there freaking out till I sent them back to bed.
Scholar
#1646 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM

Long story, but basically, i had triplets, the other two aged up fine, this one is Shelley, she glitched out when it was her birthday (her parents put her on the floor, as normal, and she reckoned she was still in the crib, so i reset her and she became a toddler) the next day, she thought it was her birthday again, and aged up from a toddler to a toddler (essentially just making herself 1 day younger). thought nothing of it. she kept doing that growing thing when she was idle, but i could live with it, and decided id age her up using MC when her siblings did, until about 4 days later, when i got a popup saying 'Shelly is failing at school! blahblah' and i was all 'whaaaaa?' so checked out the career section and sure enough, she had an F and it said she was skipping school. :/ looked at her status using MC and that seems to think shes some kind of genius toddler who is in elementary school.

so then i reset her, and all thats left to show for this whole story, is these screens, and a section in her little toddler 'career history' (which shouldnt exist) saying she used to got to elementary school...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#1647 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 10:40 PM
I have this story that happened to me when I was playing.. Last week, I guess.
My sim was pregnant, and then, she was invited to a party. Since I thought it would take at least one more day for her to give birth, I sent her husband and her to that party.
Her daughter stayed at home and gave a slumber party. Her friends baked muffins and then, they all went to bed.

Until that point, it was alright. Then the parents returned from the party (I guess the time was 6 A.M or something, but it was early) and there was a burglar into the house. My sim started screaming and reacting to the burglar and her husband, doing the same. NO ONE CALLED THE POLICE. After, I don't know, 3 simhours and after I tried to contact the police 4 times, she stopped screaming and called. Then, the burglar recognized her (she was his friend) and then that "attractive company" thing popped up from nowhere. AND THEY STARTED FLIRTING WITH EACH OTHER. Then after 2 hours, the police arrived and the policeman ALSO STARTED FLIRTING WITH HER. And her husband kept screaming.

After the freaking burglar ran away (the policeman didn't catch him! --') everybody went to bed. And she began to give birth.

My gosh. SO FRUSTRATING. :'C
Test Subject
#1648 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:31 AM
The weird baby obsession they have, one sim in particular would not go make food even though his needs where dangerously low. This sim I actually didn't want to die he had the hates children trait yet all he ever wanted to do was play,tickle or cuddle the damn baby. The baby wasn't even his! I would click him to go get food and he'd start making it and I think everything is fine and sure enough he's at that baby again and the food is still on the stove and three other sims trying to change diaper and feed the same baby all their needs low as well. So I pick one to put the little brat in the crib but the first idiot sim is picking the baby up again to cuddle. Moron is starving so I make him put it down while the others tap their feet waiting for their turn at baby fun. He finally puts it down so I quickly click on the stove for him to go eat.

Meanwhile the other sim who picked him up fed the baby but is now standing there just holding it. I click the crib but half way there he pees himself needless to say he put the baby down. Another sim swoops in and grabs the prized baby so I click her to put the baby in the crib. Finaly baby in crib now if I could just make it to the door and lock it. But wait moron is back making a beeline for baby he need his tickle on real bad. I stop him and send him back to the plate of food he never sat down and ate. But now a third sim is taking the baby back out again he also needs a good baby cuddle AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!! there is another adult right behind him that also has the play with baby syndrome tapping his feet What teen boy needs to play with a baby so badly? So I'm yelling at my screen Please put the baby in the damn crib Please!! I click to make one idiot go take a bath and the other to put the baby back in the crib. Who walks into the room but Moron again as I cancel out "play with baby" knucklehead head No.2 is tossing the baby in the air!

Baby is exhausted but the family won't let it sleep and now the other two sims I sent away are back with guess what on their minds. I have a house with plenty to do book cases TV computer and video games but no nothing compares to some good solid baby time. Why would you need sleep and food when you have a baby in the house to harass? By now the entire family is in the room minus one child who is mopping and cleaning the house at 2:30 am and the one adult not currently after the baby is reading a book in the room I guess just waiting for his chance. Moron is holding the baby once again just standing there doing nothing while the parents stand there tapping feet for baby action and younger brother still reading at the foot of the crib.

I give up. Time for the cleansing fire!
Inventor
#1649 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:34 AM
I have another crazy birth story, that I had nothing to do with.

My Sim just potty trained his toddler son. Just as I tell him to empty the potty, his wife goes into labor. He then proceeds to go throw the contents of the potty away, sees his wife in labor, and starts to freak out. He drops the potty mess in the floor, so he can answer his cell phone. He ignores his wife WHO IS HAVING A BABY to answers his phone. His wife then looks at him like the idiot that he is. Their toddler son starts throwing a tantrum, which they both acknowledge. The wife continues to labor. Then Chris Teague was born! The birth was going fine, until the husband stopped to answer his phone. After that he ignored his laboring wife to give birth alone, while standing in the mess that came out of their son's potty!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#1650 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suggmo
The weird baby obsession they have, one sim in particular would not go make food even though his needs where dangerously low. This sim I actually didn't want to die he had the hates children trait yet all he ever wanted to do was play,tickle or cuddle the damn baby. The baby wasn't even his! I would click him to go get food and he'd start making it and I think everything is fine and sure enough he's at that baby again and the food is still on the stove and three other sims trying to change diaper and feed the same baby all their needs low as well. So I pick one to put the little brat in the crib but the first idiot sim is picking the baby up again to cuddle. Moron is starving so I make him put it down while the others tap their feet waiting for their turn at baby fun. He finally puts it down so I quickly click on the stove for him to go eat.

Meanwhile the other sim who picked him up fed the baby but is now standing there just holding it. I click the crib but half way there he pees himself needless to say he put the baby down. Another sim swoops in and grabs the prized baby so I click her to put the baby in the crib. Finaly baby in crib now if I could just make it to the door and lock it. But wait moron is back making a beeline for baby he need his tickle on real bad. I stop him and send him back to the plate of food he never sat down and ate. But now a third sim is taking the baby back out again he also needs a good baby cuddle AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!! there is another adult right behind him that also has the play with baby syndrome tapping his feet What teen boy needs to play with a baby so badly? So I'm yelling at my screen Please put the baby in the damn crib Please!! I click to make one idiot go take a bath and the other to put the baby back in the crib. Who walks into the room but Moron again as I cancel out "play with baby" knucklehead head No.2 is tossing the baby in the air!

Baby is exhausted but the family won't let it sleep and now the other two sims I sent away are back with guess what on their minds. I have a house with plenty to do book cases TV computer and video games but no nothing compares to some good solid baby time. Why would you need sleep and food when you have a baby in the house to harass? By now the entire family is in the room minus one child who is mopping and cleaning the house at 2:30 am and the one adult not currently after the baby is reading a book in the room I guess just waiting for his chance. Moron is holding the baby once again just standing there doing nothing while the parents stand there tapping feet for baby action and younger brother still reading at the foot of the crib.

I give up. Time for the cleansing fire!

No way! Don't burn them alive! Demolish the house, add lines to the yard, put a crib at each end and play baby football. Putting baby in crib is a touchdown, all the other functions are simply moving it along the lines of scrimmage. (I wonder if they will start tackling each other to get the babyball?)
Page 66 of 321