Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2251 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Well there's the problem! Umbrellas aren't Sims! :P

Goofy--lmao

i guess i meant CAO
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2252 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
Oh, derp. That's probably why, I don't have the cheats. I just remembered that I was going to download it "tomorrow", 2 weeks ago.
Thanks.

I'm getting worried about my sims.
More and more often, they walk off on their own and do things I didn't tell them to do. They don't have an interaction thing in the upper corner, they just... walk off. While I'm supposed to be controlling them. If I tell them to do something, they don't do it. Also I have free will turned off for whatever sim I'm controlling, which is what's weird.
I'm pretty sure my sims are starting to build a... resistance or something against me. They're no longer under my control! D:

No problem, and I do the same thing aaallll the Goddamn time. Some mods get left on my memory stick for ages before I remember to install them XD.

Oh God the Sims are gaining intelligence!
...Tbh it's about Goddamn time.

Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
Goofy--lmao

i guess i meant CAO

Haha, I figured it was meant to stand for Create a Style this time rather than Create a Sim, but I like to be a butt. :P
Theorist
#2253 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Did you place the umbrella close to something, or close to other umbrellas?

I heard there was a bug like that even if its just a one tile item.

On the ground, nothing close to it or anything. Oh well.

Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
you must have a glitch then....sorry

Probably. Nothing new in my game. I couldn't place anything off grid unless I had TCE on and used the "disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on" cheat for the longest time. Then I got the Generations patch and voila, it worked without the cheat. Same with the Hand of God thing, where you can grab the newspaper/dirty clothes and throw them in the garbage bin/hamper. That didn't work from day one until I got the Generations patch also. ~~shrugs~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Site Helper
#2254 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 12:05 AM
I had teen-age sim who wanted to become a Grand master in chess. So he parked a chess board next to the sidewalk and challenged everybody to a game of chess all day on the weekends and after he got his homework done on schooldays. His dad, who writes novels for a living, plays chess with random passers-by to unwind from his writing.

So, one night the dad and the son are about to play chess with each other. The dad sits down at the chess board in the seat the son was going to use, so the son goes around to the other side of the chess board. He stepped onto the sidewalk for a moment. It was after curfew... And dad is a -very- sore loser! He claims that he grounded the boy for leaving the lot, but we all know the boy was actually grounded for beating his dad in a chess game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#2255 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 1:57 AM
I had my photographer (LOVE photography in TS3) out taking pictures and it was pouring down rain. So she goes to the park, and what does she see? Two Sims sitting on the benches and making no attempt to get out of the rain. Silly me, I thought the park was only fun in nice weather!
Scholar
#2256 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 5:32 AM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 18th Feb 2013 at 5:50 AM. Reason: reading skills
Umbrellas are a waste of time really, sims don't keep them up often enough for them to be useful.

On topic, while demolishing parts of Mirabello Plaza to experiment with Showtime staging, it appears half the town turned out for a show, as they were lined up down the street for it:

Well not really, they were kicked off the lot when build mode began, but from this angle it almost looks like a queue.
Inventor
#2257 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 7:16 PM
N

Oh God the Sims are gaining intelligence!
...Tbh it's about Goddamn time.
Sim, but I like to be a butt. :P

We are so not playing the same game. Because if anything, my Sims keep losing what little intelligence they had; especially the ones (animals included) with the genius trait.
Mad Poster
#2258 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 9:06 PM
...lol. That doesn't come as a surprise quite frankly.
The other one
#2259 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 9:48 PM
I threw my first hen party last night and one of those naughty party guests invited some entertainment in the form of two semi-naked firemen. The excitement was rather short lived though. One of the firemen stood just inside the front door seemingly scared to move in case one of the 7 or 8 women i'd invited pounced on him while the other ran straight upstairs to the nursery and proceeded to do a little dance for the baby in the crib in the end, the most exciting thing to happen on my sims big night was having a bottle of champagne thrown in her face :/
Lab Assistant
#2260 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:16 AM
LONG POST AHOY!

After reading most of these pages for the past few days (I've read the first 30 or so previously already ), I can very much relate to pretty much every single WTF moment in this game. I have a few to contribute actually too.

Now, I must warn, the graphics card on the computer my game is on is pretty buggy, and shows random pixels constantly (like static), but the game runs the smoothest I've ever had it, and it's on the highest settings, so I don't know. (and I've been looking for solutions for ages, but to no avail, sooooo....oh well. I'm getting a new PC soon JUST for my gaming and such, so it won't be a problem much longer. ) You actually get used to it after a few moments and don't notice the random pixels. But yeah, the screenshots have the pixels on them, so it'll look bad at first, but you can see the picture fine in any case. It just seems bad, and......yeah.

BAH, I'm rambling! Let's get started on ze' picture spammage! The first one isn't so much a WTF but rather a "Woah that's creepy! O_O".

Meet Natalie Prism. She is a vampire, and one day she went out in the sun to pick up a random cat. Turns out his name was Shadow, and she started taking him back to her house....with this look on her face.

Now, she had NEVER seen the cat before in her life. He wasn't on the relationships panel, and I never saw him before. She also wasn't sizzling yet in the sun, her needs were fine, and there weren't any bad moodlets, so I had no idea at the time why she made the face she did. She took him in the house and started randomly playing with him whilst her hubby Victor (also a vamp) was napping.

This continued for a couple of hours or so, until it started getting dark out. She finally put him down, and her thirst was getting a bit low, so I was about to have her go to the fridge, when all of a sudden the Grim Reaper showed up. I was thinking "WHAT?! Her thirst isn't THAT bad! There's still some purple in the bar! C'mon!", and she started bawling her eyes out. I checked on Victor, and he was just fine as well, dancing to music and whatnot. Suddenly Grim went to Shadow, and then I realized it was a kitty death.

What's creepy is the face she made as she picked him up that afternoon. It's like she KNEW he was going to die, so she took him and babied him like crazy...even though she never saw the cat before in her life.

Next one is with a sim named Lexi and a townie named Javed. He recently had a birthday a couple days after they met, where he turned Adult. He had at LEAST 40 sim days until he had to age up again, which was fine by me, since that was plenty of time to mess around with him. So after a sim week or so, they get married, and it's a lovely wedding, with tons of guests and everyone having fun. Not even two minutes after they say their vows, exchange rings, all that jazz, I notice Lexi is all by herself outside, looking at some decoration balloons. I looked for Javed, and couldn't see him for the life of me. Then I hear some noisemakers go off upstairs, and I hear cheering. "Sounds like a guest is having a birthday! That's nice!" I thought, and go upstairs where everyone else is. JUST as I get to the center of the action, I see that it's JAVED aging up! I didn't tell him to, there was NO birthday cake, and he still had around 30 sim days until he was forced to age up. By the looks of it, it's almost like he WANTED to be older. He now looks like this:

I now realize that him and Lexi are making out on the front porch, and it's gotten creepy, FAST. I did NOT sign up for a Hugh Hefner wannabe, and poor Lexi had no idea it happened. She apparently didn't care though, neither, so I guess she was alright with it? Well, in any case, I wasn't, and I didn't feel like having an elder rookie acrobat in the house (who now only had 20ish days to live), so I aged him down in CAS myself......because it just wasn't fair.

Lexi: Gee, I could've SWORN you were an old man just a couple minutes ago...OH WELL! HONEYMOON!

For now, let's head back to Natalie, who now has a little boy with Victor, and they're celebrating his birthday into the Childhood stage. The party's going pretty well, and it's time to blow out the candles! Yippie! She brings her boy, whose name I have totally forgotten because I switch between sims faster than using tissues during a cold. She's bringing him to the cake, and it's a lovely moment. Also, I have no clue how it happened, but their child is bright pink. She's blue and he's red, so it's like the game was telling me "You know what? You wanna mess with skin colors? FINE! You get a random ass pink color! Try to figure THAT one out, bitches!"

Anyways, like I said, it's a lovely moment for the whole family.

But I notice that her face is frozen in this expression, and uh.....kinda....well...

It's like she's suddenly thinking "HOLYCRAPMYBABYISGROWINGUPHOWCANISTOPTHISOHIKNOWSHACKLESANDLLAMASBLEH!"

She didn't lose that face until an hour later or so. It scared me for a minute there. LOL

and immediately after he ages up, this is his face:

^ btw, EVERY time one of my sims ages up, they make that cross eyed DERP face. It's funny at first, but after two sim hours, it gets kinda stale. I'm sure some of you can agree with me on that one.

Alright, last story of the day (which coincidentally these sims will have more WTF/LOL moments in the future...this group is a lot of fun to play with ) Here we'll have Jade Hyde and Damon Blackmin. Just for laughs I let the game name these sims, and just kept hitting "Randomize Name" until I saw one I liked. These two got off REALLY lucky. I know at one point Jade had the option of being named "Gloria Smut", and I was tempted. Anyways, these two are getting married, and Jade just went to Damon with the suggestion (to which he was all for, of course lol). There is a wedding arch on their back deck, so the whole party starts headed towards it. Suddenly, everyone and their mother was thinking of this random celebrity sim that was at the party (she's the blonde dancing in the background). I don't know why, because she's a 1-star celeb, while Jade is 3-star, and Damon is 2-star. Maybe they're curious as to why she isn't coming to the exchanging of vows and rings. I mean, she IS hitting the dance floor pretty hard with her derpy moves and her killer.....floral...granny dress. Yikes.

But wait a moment...something's weird here.

What is Damon doing?

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT FACE FOR?!?!?! SERIOUSLY! I wanna know! Is he shocked that Miss Birdy Dress is ignoring his wedding? Is he having second thoughts?

Explain, Damon! EXPLAIN!!!!!

Oh, okay, Mystery Celeb Guest finally stopped dancing and is headed towards the scene. But hmph! She doesn't look too happy about it. It's almost as if she considers it an insult that someone would DARE interrupt her epic dancing for a wedding! The nerve of some people! And now Damon looks disgusted, which worries me more, for he's either mad at her for being insulted (which I understand lol), or he's now thinking "Craaaaap, why do I have to get married NOW? I have this random celeb chick I'd 'love to get to know better!'"

It makes me sad, because Damon is an awesome sim IMO, and he's making these goofy faces XD. He looks great, and actually almost reminds me of an anime character (none in particular though ) I mean, LOOK at his awesomeness!

Nice, right? :lovestruc I mean, without all the ugly pixels getting in the way and stuff.
*sigh* I can't wait to get a new computer.

Okay, I'm done spamming for now. I've done enough damage for one day.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Inventor
#2261 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 7:57 PM
...lol. That doesn't come as a surprise quite frankly.

You may be surprised (I don't know) at how stupid all of my animals with the genius trait are.
Test Subject
#2262 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:44 AM
I have found that my Sims and those they are involved with turn to be such bunny lovers that apparently concerns over personal hygiene and social etiquette or appearance are like the man-eating haddock fish-beast of Aberdeen (they do not exist). Yes, if lubs through stink, in front of a newborn and following electrocution does not prove true, I don't know what does!

A wtf but still funny moment was when my singed Sim refused to give up using her also badly singed umbrella despite common sense, while Hank regrets his lack of one. She must have an emotional attachment to it, I call bad parenting.

I wanted to make a Nordic heartbreaker to circulate intrigue in the quiet neighbourhood of Sunset Valley with her saucy schemes, and it stands to reason her first object of play had to be Hunk (cheap pun, oh rejoice). What a disappointment that what should have been their first foxy slow dance occurred during a miscalculated costume party. Yes, thanks for ruining my perfect plan, Ingvild, you daft tart!

Other lolmoments include a misplaced marriage proposal, a random grandpa whose motives of saving my frozen girl from death by frostbite turned questionable, witless wooing antics and appeasement endeavour of a betrayed fiancé gone splendidly wrong.

Field Researcher
#2263 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:51 AM
re the hotdog outfit - are you sure she wasn't trying to make a very subtle suggestion to her young man? (OK, perhaps not all THAT subtle)
Lab Assistant
#2264 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:52 AM

This needed changing before it killed me. But it also needed recording.

I hate it when Sims age up into clothes that are either (1) completely horrible, or (2) completely wrong for their personalities/locales.
Lab Assistant
#2265 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 9:32 AM
I know what you mean, I often get child boys with some costume that has fairy wings ;/ Looks a bit... you know Girly.
Mad Poster
#2266 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 6:50 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 21st Feb 2013 at 7:16 PM. Reason: Adding some shit
Ahahahahaa that alien kid is amazing.

EDIT: Cats have weird conversations.

'Ants are delicious, you should try one -'
'FUCK HAMSTERS'
Test Subject
#2267 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
re the hotdog outfit - are you sure she wasn't trying to make a very subtle suggestion to her young man? (OK, perhaps not all THAT subtle)

So she used underground psychology to get him without me even realizing it? That gives her genius trait a whole new dimension! :D
Field Researcher
#2268 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 8:54 PM
But of course! Only those of the highest intelligence truly appreciate the Pun!
Mad Poster
#2269 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 9:12 PM
I am notorious for disliking puns.

I guess I am stupid.

:P
Field Researcher
#2270 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 2:07 AM
Ah, but while only highly intelligent people TRULY appreciate puns, that does not go to say that ALL highly intelligent people MUST appreciate puns! Nor, in fact, that people who are NOT highly intelligent may not also appreciate a pun at SOME level. (for a given value of "truly")

That's a logical error, that is.
Test Subject
#2271 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 12:53 PM
I am notorious for disliking puns.

I guess I am stupid.

Aw, it only means you must dress up in a hot-dog costume for a slow dance the next time you plan to flirt, I have proven it is a flawless technique ... considering how Pauline reacted afterwards.
Mad Poster
#2272 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sojourner
Ah, but while only highly intelligent people TRULY appreciate puns, that does not go to say that ALL highly intelligent people MUST appreciate puns! Nor, in fact, that people who are NOT highly intelligent may not also appreciate a pun at SOME level. (for a given value of "truly")

That's a logical error, that is.

Gonna have to tell my housemate this the next time she batters me with puns.

Quote: Originally posted by herzdamen
Aw, it only means you must dress up in a hot-dog costume for a slow dance the next time you plan to flirt, I have proven it is a flawless technique ... considering how Pauline reacted afterwards.

Well my girlfriend's visiting in a couple of weeks...

Thanks for the inspiration! :P
Mad Poster
#2273 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 3:20 AM
Having been out of sims for a bit due to personal issues, I recently got back into it and need to do some serious catching up. I was playing a witch who had a little dog when I got my first taste of the new EA attraction system.

My witch had gone to sleep for the night, when the paparazzi showed up to hang out. Dont know about anyone elses game, but mine tends to make them all adult or elder and on the high end of the weight spectrum. So I'm watching the paparazzi as my sim sleeps, and they start flirting with each other. At first I was like WTH? I continue to watch them get it on in the front yard as my sim pushes Z's like there's no tomorrow since the game is on speed 3. By now I'm cracking up at the plump paparazzi pawing all over each other, when my sim and her dog finally wake up and come outside to play. I dont really pay them much attention, because there are two bohemiths trying to suck each others face off and have been at it for nearly 12 sim hours, and apparently I miss my sim practicing spells, because the next thing I know both paparazzi spontaneously catch fire and start hopping around and screaming. By now I'm doing my own hopping and screaming hysterically, as I watch other sims gather around to watch the grisly barbecue. Not one sim stepped in to help save either of them and they eventually died.

Now you would think having two people burn to death in your front yard would be some what traumatic, to say the least, but my sims takes the opportunity to hit on the grim reaper and ask him out on a date. But the kicker..... her dog hikes his leg on the tombstone and goes to lay down. I wish I had filmed that!
Mad Poster
#2274 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:33 AM
...My Sims have become incestuous.

I had a Sim, his girlfriend and kids in one house yesterday, and then I decided to add his mother and sister into another house today. I set their relationships to enemies, but before I got the chance to set them as mother and son - 'I am greatly interested in the supernatural' - NO NO NO NO NO THAT IS YOUR MOTHER. YOUR. MOTHER.

MOTHER.

...Then shortly after his sister decided her stepdad is actually pretty Goddamn sexy. FML.
Site Helper
#2275 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki

Now you would think having two people burn to death in your front yard would be some what traumatic, to say the least, but my sims takes the opportunity to hit on the grim reaper and ask him out on a date. But the kicker..... her dog hikes his leg on the tombstone and goes to lay down. I wish I had filmed that!

Apparently your sims are as annoyed with the paparazzi as everyone else is?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 91 of 321