Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 7:33 PM Last edited by AriesFlare : 8th Dec 2017 at 5:26 AM.
Default Creating Custom Foods Tutorial: Recoloring and Guid Assigning

Hi everyone. Recently, I've been getting a few people asking how to create custom food right from the start to finish. Good thing I made a tutorial months ago when I became comfortable with my custom foods.

I wanted to share this tutorial with you all simply because I don't think there is one like it in MTS. When I first had the desire to create custom foods, I did not see any other food tutorials except for the meshing tutorial. I never thought that I could possibly the be the one to post a tutorial for this. Most of the information that acquired is from TheNinthWave. TheNinthWave does a fantastic job creating custom foods and meshes and I highly suggest that you check out his works if you haven't.

The purpose of this tutorial is to share with any simmers the information of creating their own custom foods from start to finish. I will let you know that this tutorial is not a meshing tutorial. There is already a meshing tutorial available on MTS and it is very helpful.

In this Tutorial, you will learn the following things:

*How to recolor your textures
*How and where to assign your guids
*Editing Text lists
*How Geometric Data Container is your friend
* How to add textures
*How to create crisp and clear textures
* Safe Texture sizes
*Changing your food menu

*And a short bonus tutorial for assigning Nvidia into SimPE This tutorial may seem a bit long winded for some of you. My goal was to make things very understandable by breaking things down and adding descriptive images. I would say that at least 90-95% of what you need to know is covered in this one PDF.

I've added the tutorial as a zip file. I hope this will help any members out there who are interested in creating their own food.

NOTE: Before starting this tutorial it is suggested that you have meshes ready. You don't have to worry about any textures for your food. I will explain texture layout in the tutorial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Tutorial 2016: Hi guys! It's been so long. Recently, I've been getting advice, giving advice, and learning so much about creating custom foods for the sims2. Maybe in the near future, I will create foods for the sims3 and 4. Thanks to the people who gave advice and shared ideas, I was able to update my tutorial and provide new information about creating custom foods. The updated tutorial isn't a meshing tutorial. However, it will still cover the following.

*Assigning guids
*Recoloring texturing
*Editing text

As for the new information, you will learn how to:

*Add additional menu times
*How to replace meshes completely
*Adjusting BECON
*And learning which foods are best to clone from

This tutorial maybe longer but it's still should be effective. I'll leave the older tutorial just in case you may still want to take a look.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sims2_CreatingCustomFoodsTutorial_ByAriesflare.zip (1.84 MB, 726 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  CreatingCustomFoodsTutorialRemake_ByAriesflare.zip (1.77 MB, 641 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 11:14 PM
By far one of the more newbie-friendlier tutorials on MTS, with a link to a video that strives to be the opposite of cryptic and vague. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:10 PM
I know this is not a mesh tutorial. Before starting this tutorial is it necessary to have made a mesh to use? Or is this just about recolouring existing food?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I know this is not a mesh tutorial. Before starting this tutorial is it necessary to have made a mesh to use? Or is this just about recolouring existing food?

Yes, you must have your meshes ready. Before you start this tutorial.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2014 at 5:45 AM
Is there a meal I can clone from the game so the custom food comes straight from the fridge and will be eaten with their hands (like a sandwich)?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 2:20 AM
Hi! Thank you so much for the tuto! It really came in handy... however, I did try and succesfully cloned a cake. Everything went smoothly, I checked it with the Game Design thingy, but when trying the so mentioned cake in my game, it still showed the original object images instead of the modded ones. Everything seems fine: the text is right, the cake does get prompted, but the images are still not showing up. Can you help me?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:37 PM
This tutorial is great so far. Thank you! I can't seem to find a way of extracting the texture images could some one help please?
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 11:00 PM
Super useful, just changed some meal times/availabilities.