Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
Default How to delete the whole floor
I've downloaded a beautiful three stories house with 8 bedrooms from Gallery. However, the household has only three inhabitants. The spacy house is too big. The 2nd floor is totally unused so far. I am thinking of delete it completely. I tried to delete each room of the 2nd floor and made the 2nd floor all gone. However, the 3rd floor is still 'floating' about the 2nd floor. Is there any way to make 3rd floor down and make the building as a 2 stories building?

I could copy each room of the 3rd floor to the folder, then paste them back to the 2nd floor. Anyway, I am looking for more smart way to do it. Thanks for any tips.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 5:07 AM
Just select each room and drag it down a floor. No need to add the extra steps of saving it as a room and then placing it out of the folder. There is currently no way of selecting a whole floor unless the entire floor is just a single room.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
Just select each room and drag it down a floor. No need to add the extra steps of saving it as a room and then placing it out of the folder. There is currently no way of selecting a whole floor unless the entire floor is just a single room.

Could small pieces of wall be deleted to make the floor one room, then move it and then replace those wall panels?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:11 AM
Yeah, that would work Can be a little annoying though, if you have wallpapered and decorated.. Also, there are some rare cases where random objects get deleted or moved to inventory by deleting various walls tiles. Depending on how far along the house is though, count_cosmos' suggestion might be better and take less time, as the game (at least for me) does some weird things when you join rooms back together)

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:45 AM
Oh now I am *sure* one of the huge selling points of TS4 was the ability to easily insert and delete whole floors! Maybe we've just not been told how. This is a good question for tonight's AskASimguru thread session.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:39 PM
Appreciate for the all suggestions!

I'd experienced the objects removed problems. Also, all the stairs, including those for ground to foundation and the one from 1st floor to the 2nd floor are all unusable when I rotated the lots 180 degree to make it face forward (I guess it comes from the lot rotation.)

Anyway, the job is done. I like the current 2 story house.