Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2019 at 8:32 PM
Default Meet the Creator - Crowkeeper - May 2019

Our May creator is the very talented and inventive sim architect and world creator, Crowkeeper! She is well known for her unique and beautiful fantasy builds and for creating some of the most beautiful TS3 worlds alongside Norn.

1. When did you start playing The Sims Series and what attracted you to it?

I started playing The Sims 1 a long time ago . I did not really choose it myself though, my father’s friend, who took care of our pc, installed it as “the ultimate game for girls” after I complained that he only brings stuff for my brother. It was in English and I did not understand a single word. I remember there was a bracket for the sims’ bio and I used to fill it up with nonsense like “Sim A loves sim B and they want to marry and have three children…” - a long essay in my native language. I was always utterly disappointed that it did not happen automatically in the game :D.

2. What is your favourite installment of the Sims series?

Sims 3 because I feel it gives the most freedom to player’s creativity. In my eyes, The Sims is about creativity no matter how you play it which is why I feel sorry for people who do not understand why would someone enjoy playing this game.

3. If you could only have one expansion/stuff pack from any of the series and it would work with your preferred instalment (1,2,3 etc), what would it be?

That is a really hard question. I love all the EPs of sims3 and don’t really remember any from the other games. But If I really had to choose, I would go with WA because I would not be able to live without its wall sets.

4. When did you start creating for the game and what made you decide to become a creator?

I became a creator in 2013 when I was a heavy reader of Manga and wanted to share a sim recreation of a character from my favourite piece. It was very badly done and I had to remake it many times for it to be approved. I found the “high standards” of MTS very exciting and wanted to share more and more after that.

5. What is your favourite thing about being a creator?

Being a creator is so very rewarding. I really enjoy it. Reading comments and seeing pictures of my creations in other people’s games is awesome. The hours spent in front of the pc get justified nicely:D.

6. What was your first creation? Photos welcome!

I am sorry but I do not remember my first creation. But I know I enjoyed making big L shaped buildings in sims1. I did not really build much in sims 2 because I enjoyed other aspects of the game much more. I started building properly in sims3 and shared all houses I ever managed to truly finish.

7. What creation are you most proud of?

I am most proud of the world of Cronor which we did together with my friend Norn . When it comes to my individual creations I am probably most proud of the latest one (Clickety-Clackety House ). I always try to come up with something new in terms of style and technique and I did some heavy CFE I never tried before on this one. It took many days since I had to remake it many times to make it right. But I find "Treetops - The Blossoming Crown " the prettiest of my creations.

8.What is your most/least favourite thing to create?

I enjoy creating anything that I did not try before. I hate creating in the same style for a long period of time.

9. Are you influenced by any other creators (for The Sims or elsewhere)?

I surely am as I often google pictures for inspiration. But it is not someone specific.

10. Who is your favourite Sims creator(s)?

There are many creators I love. I admire the builds of Tee Hee She and Floraflora2 for their originality. Builds of Norn for their shabbiness and cozy feel. The builds of Cutsocks , Ferguson Avenue , Johnny_Bravo and Tsyokawe for their attention to details and true understanding of architecture with its rules and principles. I enjoy the "crappy shacks" by Simsmidgen and the magical builds of a fellow Czech builder JarkaD. I love the unreal worlds by Nilxis and PotatoBalladSims. I admire all mesh makers and people who create “truly” new content for the game. I bow down to all modders such as the NRaas team who change the game for the better and make impossible possible.

11. What piece of CC would you recommend to anyone reading this (yours or otherwise)?

I would recommend my standard set of “building aids” to all fellow builders:
1. Decorator's Best Friend by misukisu: http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/...est-friend.html
2. NRaas Debug Enabler: https://www.nraas.net/community/DebugEnabler
3. Velocitygrass' stencil remover: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307
I would also like to recommend the creations of the creators I mentioned in the previous question.

12. What tips do you have for up and coming creators?

I am only a builder, so I can only provide tips for those:
1. Check all tutorials you find.
2. Try to use CC only as the last resort and not right from the start. Having to work without CC might make you come up with more creative solutions.
3. Save your lot to the library often so that you can start again from any stage of the building process.
4. Do not stay fixated on the initial concept. If your build is becoming something totally different then you planned, just continue and surprise yourself.
5. Experiment with all the building cheats the game has to offer.
6. If you are not sure about your creation, try the Creator Feedback Forum or join the Mentoring4Builders group.

Quick fire:

1. Mermaids or Fairies?

Please do not make me choose:D.

2. Moonlight Falls or Sunset Valley?

Definitely Moonlight Falls because it offers a better background for my builds:D.

3. Log cabin or stilt house?

Stilt house.

4. Muted or Vibrant?

Muted.

5. Warm and sunny or cold and foggy?

Warm and sunny . I get really depressed when I do not see sun for a long time.

Thank you so much for taking part and for adding some magic to our games You can find more of Crowkeeper's work here on MTS and here on Tumblr!
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th May 2019 at 9:43 PM
Yay for Crow

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:11 AM
Thank you for sharing your incredibly creative creations and for all your help! I can't even say what my favourite creation of yours is, it's too hard to choose
Instructor
#4 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:35 AM
Thank you for this interview to the MTS staff! I've been also curious to get to know more about Crowkeeper's thoughts and background.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:51 PM
Nice to meet you, @Crowkeeper !
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:18 PM
Great interview! Lovely getting to know you Crowkeeper! :lovestruc
Theorist
#7 Old 14th May 2019 at 8:57 PM
That was interesting to read! Thank you!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th May 2019 at 4:19 AM
That was a nice read. Your wisteria in particular makes my game look so much more beautiful. Thank you

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#9 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:54 AM
Interesting to read. Thank you for sharing links to your "building aids".
Instructor
#10 Old 15th May 2019 at 6:19 PM
Great read! Always been a huge fan of your builds! You and Norn are a perfect creative duo!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th May 2019 at 11:48 PM
Nice interview to one of the best creators ever in this community
And as fan of yours I'm flattered by the mention!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2019 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 17th May 2019 at 3:27 PM.
Nice to see the thought-processes behind creators who are coming up with such awesome builds, and especially when I agree with so much of it! Well done Crowkeeper!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2019 at 5:50 PM
I don't even play Sims3, but these remarkable builds temp me!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:56 AM
I'm surprised when anyone likes my crap

Thank you, and nice to get to know you a little better. I'm sorry the game didn't meet your expectations at the very beginning but you used your talents on it so we can all have ours exceeded now
Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:49 AM
No one does "crap" quite like you do smidgey I love your stuff.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:58 PM
Nice to meet you Crowkeeper and looking forward to trying out your amazing creations!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:49 PM
So nice to get an idea who is behind those awesome builds!

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!