Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Halved Apartment Rent

by kestrellyn Posted 21st Aug 2018 at 1:02 AM - Updated 21st Aug 2018 at 1:25 AM by kestrellyn

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:25 PM
I love this mod. It can make my economical system more realistic.

But will this conflict with the pay rent every day mod (uploaded not long ago)?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:12 PM
I'm not sure, but I can check when I get home.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 4:14 PM
Although, just looking at the resources listed in the MTS thread, I don't think it should conflict at all.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:44 AM
After actually looking at that mod, I am certain it should be 100% compatible with this one.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
After actually looking at that mod, I am certain it should be 100% compatible with this one.

Thank you!
I will download this one next time I play. I love this mod.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:17 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:29 PM
Great idea! Many thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:22 AM
How do I uninstall this properly? I had it in my game, didn't like it so I removed it. Doesn't seem to have completely been removed though. I even started a brand new hood but no difference.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:11 PM
The apartment rents displayed in the hood seem to be cached somehow, but the prices should change for your sims when you play them. You can force the hood prices to change by modifying the apartment base lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:42 PM
@kestrellyn
I checked it and indeed this doesn not conflict with pay rent every day. But that mod doesn't work as it should.
On Monday the rent is divided by 7, but on the other days the sims have to pay full rent. So in the end they pay +6 times as much rent.
Is it possible to change this mod so that it doesn't divide rent by 2, but by 6 or 7?
Then the other mod will work correctly.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:34 AM
That sounds like a problem with the other mod that you should inform the creator about.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That sounds like a problem with the other mod that you should inform the creator about.

I did inform him.
But is it possible for this mod be divided by 7 instead of 2?

Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 6:31 AM
Hello there! I'm having issues with this mod and the no20khandouts mod. The rent at Pleasant Vista Apartments is suddenly being displayed as 1000-1200 when before it was 500-600. Also, Lilith is in the family bin and a little while ago she had 311 simoleons and now she suddenly has 20,198? both mods are still in my downloads folder. I have taken them out, the results were the same. Put them back in, and still the same. I have also tried it with just the 20k mod in the downloads folder and then again with just this mod in the folder. I have had both mods in my downloads folder from day one and have never experienced any issues until these last 24 hours. I have not downloaded any mods recently either, only default replacement clothing. any ideas as to what's going on?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 6:47 AM
Then it sounds like the issues are not related to either of these two mods. The apartment rent display is cached though, it doesn't update until you update the apartment, so to test how this mod is affecting the rent you will need to make changes to the apartment after taking it out or putting it back. no20khandouts has no affect on apartment rents. Do you have a link to where you got the apartment, or is it one that came with the game?

Did you recently move Lillith out of an apartment? That's just what happens when you move out of an apartment in the game. I also have a different mod that you can use to fix that problem.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 6:12 PM
Thanks so much for the reply!! The apartment came with the game. When I hovered over it in neighborhood view it was showing the reduced rent prices and then suddenly yesterday it started displaying higher prices. As for Lilith and the no 20k handout mod, no I had moved her out of the family home after aging up. At first it showed 311 for her balance and then over 20k randomly. These both happened yesterday so I’m not entirely sure what happened.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 9:57 PM
@kestrellyn
But is it possible for this mod be divided by 7 instead of half?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChelseaL8ly
Thanks so much for the reply!! The apartment came with the game. When I hovered over it in neighborhood view it was showing the reduced rent prices and then suddenly yesterday it started displaying higher prices. As for Lilith and the no 20k handout mod, no I had moved her out of the family home after aging up. At first it showed 311 for her balance and then over 20k randomly. These both happened yesterday so I’m not entirely sure what happened.

When I place the apartment it shows rent of ~1000-1200, and then when I modify it it shows the correct rent of ~500-600. Are you not seeing that happen?

lientebollemeis, it's possible to do whatever you want to the rent, but nothing I do in this mod is going to fix the problem with the other mod. You said it charges 1/7 rent on Monday, if I modify the rent in this mod down to 1/7 it will charge 1/49 rent on Monday, which is also wrong. If you want that other mod to be fixed you need to bring it to the attention of the other creator.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM
Correct. I *was* seeing the modified rent up until yesterday (and I have Slappy’s Flophouse download that still displays modified rent when I look at it.) I haven’t downloaded any additional mods recently so I’m not sure what could have caused that to happen. Does this mod conflict with any mods at all that you know of?

Edit: I do see it conflicts with the Lots Rights mod, which I do not have.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 2:49 AM
Does editing the lot bring it back to the proper price?
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 5:27 AM
I’m unable to edit the lot even when I click on the community lots selection in neighborhood view. It just keeps taking me to nina’s unit
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 5:52 AM
So a sim is already living there? How much rent does she pay? If you move her out and edit the lot does the amount return to normal?
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 6:06 AM
The last time she paid rent which was during my first rotation, she paid the reduced amount from the mod. what I may do is move a family in from the bin to see if the reduced rates show up when I go to rent one out
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM
Just wanted to update you, I downloaded a custom apartment lot and went into that lot in build mode and edited it. And the rent got reduced by half! So I’m sure the other apartments are fine, just displaying the regular price right now. Once I move my Sim out I’ll get it all fixed up. Thanks so much for your help!! ????????
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 5:13 AM
Default Edit Rent?
First of all, thank you for your mod, I'm using it for a while now, it's really great.

I wanted to aks if it is possible to edit the rent of your mod with SimPE for my personal use? For a new hood I basically need not halved rent but 1/4 of the normal rent. Would it be possible to explain which files in the BHAV would have to be edited in which way?

I understand if it's too complicated or you don't want to or don't have the time. Just wanted ask!
Page 1 of 2