Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:07 AM
Hey thanks heaps
I already recoloured some hair as soon as i finished the dress
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:43 PM
Help! i dont have a dialog menu. there isnt one on my gimp.
Field Researcher
#228 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:51 AM
Thankyou! This is very useful!

Three equals four.
Test Subject
#229 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:00 AM
I did it. This was my very first successful attempt at modifying something! :hug: Thank you! do you have one for hair? I wanna try that next
Test Subject
#230 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:26 PM
Default Good Guide
Great guide.

I enjoyed reading it and creating the new "personalised" object.
Test Subject
#231 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
Default Colors mixing?
Hi there, nice tutorial, I'm having an issue though. I followed everything you had here, up to where I want to save. I'm on a mac, so it does the whole 'your image should be exported before it can be saved cause bmp plug-in can't handle layers' thing. If I choose 'merge visible layers' and hit 'export', everything looks fine in GIMP, but when I preview in body shop the dress is a completely different color than red! It's like the colors of the green background layer and the red new layer are mixing when the visible layers are merged? I don't know how to fix it...
A screen shot of the saved GIMP, and how it looks in bodyshop.

Test Subject
#232 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:40 AM
Cant find the dialogs box (step 18) to compleate the recolor, can anyone help???!
Mad Poster
#233 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kashadilla
I followed everything you had here, up to where I want to save. I'm on a mac, so it does the whole 'your image should be exported before it can be saved cause bmp plug-in can't handle layers' thing. If I choose 'merge visible layers' and hit 'export', everything looks fine in GIMP, but when I preview in body shop the dress is a completely different color than red! It's like the colors of the green background layer and the red new layer are mixing when the visible layers are merged? I don't know how to fix it...

Bitmaps can't have layers at all... whether you're on a PC or a Mac. I'm thinking that maybe something is going wrong while exporting... that perhaps only certain layers are being exported. I would suggest flattening the whole image and just doing a straight "save" (not "export").
Instructor
#234 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:35 AM Last edited by katalina522 : 9th Aug 2009 at 9:48 AM. Reason: found thread for my question!
Quote: Originally posted by kashadilla
Hi there, nice tutorial, I'm having an issue though. I followed everything you had here, up to where I want to save. I'm on a mac, so it does the whole 'your image should be exported before it can be saved cause bmp plug-in can't handle layers' thing. If I choose 'merge visible layers' and hit 'export', everything looks fine in GIMP, but when I preview in body shop the dress is a completely different color than red! It's like the colors of the green background layer and the red new layer are mixing when the visible layers are merged? I don't know how to fix it...
A screen shot of the saved GIMP, and how it looks in bodyshop.

I am on a Mac too and I just started trying this tonight... had the same problem at first. When you go to save and the menu pops up, choose the option that says "flatten image" instead of "merge visible layers" (which is the default for some reason). Then click Export. Then go into bodyshop and have it reload your file, it should come up the right color now. **Also, if you can't see the texture of the dress underneath your recolor once you do this, change the filter to Soft Light instead of Hard.

I typed up a help file for how to do the second tutorial on Mac, if anyone wants it.
Test Subject
#235 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:00 PM
Help? I just installed GIMP. There is no dialogues or hard light on my version. It's the newest version, I think (it's august 2009, if the date helps) I got all the way to step 17, and then found out that i can't find any of the buttons on the toolbar to follow the next directions. does anyone know what i've done wrong?
Test Subject
#236 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:04 PM
hey i have gimp 2, and i dont have the layer box thing, cause i shut it down by accident and now it wont come up! :S im like wtf!
other than that its all good.. do you no how to get this box back haha?
Test Subject
#237 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iiLoveYouSims2
hey i have gimp 2, and i dont have the layer box thing, cause i shut it down by accident and now it wont come up! :S im like wtf!
other than that its all good.. do you no how to get this box back haha?

I had the same problem, after a lot of searching I found it under windows =>
recently closed docks => layers, channels, paths...

Hope I helped .
Test Subject
#238 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 9:55 PM Last edited by edwardcullen1719 : 23rd Aug 2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: putting in more info
I was trying to follow your steps, but I must not have the right gimp installed because i didnt see any dialog box anywhere. so I uninstalled gimp and went to your link to reinstall the right version, but i didnt see any version 2. 6. 9 on there, can someone help me? they only had 2.6.6 and 2.6.7.

edit: i just redownloaded it and it still doesnt have a dialog box
Test Subject
#239 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nbdylyksu
I did everything you said, but when I looked at it in the game its way too blurry.
how can i make this un-blurry?

I don't know about Body Shop, but make sure you put the settings for Sim/Object Detail in-game to High. ;D
Test Subject
#240 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 1:38 PM
I dont have dialogs help
Test Subject
#241 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 2:52 PM
for everyone look for dialogs

its under add tab in layers,undo and other stuff
Test Subject
#242 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 3:10 PM
I cant find hard light on the 2009 version chould someone be nice and help me please
Test Subject
#243 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:50 AM
I did everything easily (thanks!) but when i came to refreshing the dress in the bodyshop it didn't come up.... did i do something wrong?
btw thanks for making the tute so easy to understand!
Test Subject
#244 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Didowe
I cant find hard light on the 2009 version chould someone be nice and help me please

On the top toolbar click on windows and go down to select dockable dialogs then find layers on the choice bar that comes up, it should open another window and on that window it will say normal with a down arrow next to it, click the arrow and go down to find hard light.
Test Subject
#245 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 5:08 PM
I dont have a dialouge box u cant even download 2.6.9 apparently i cant find it anywhere the link u have provided downloads the 2.6 version.
Test Subject
#246 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:03 PM
So i was doing fine untill the part about the clicking on layers under dialouges. I can't find the dialouge button!
Test Subject
#247 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:47 PM
On the new version, you have 3 boxes open. 1 is the toolbox, 2 is the window you are creating in, and 3 is the Layers, Channels, Paths... Look in box 3, the very first tab (looks like white towels folded up) is the Layers section. Directly below that tab is the word LAYERS and then below that is MODE. If you click on the dropdown box to the right of MODE, you will find what you are looking for!
Test Subject
#248 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:36 PM
Default WOW WOW and did i say WOW!!!!
* Hugs Computer Screen * EEE thank you!!! I've always wanted to re-do some of the Maxis Clothing and now i can!!! :lovestruc Ur the best ^__^
Test Subject
#249 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:55 PM
Everything worked perfectly in the tutorial until you said to click "dialogue". I don't see that as an option, and I can't find where else I could select "hard light".
Test Subject
#250 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:11 PM
Default Well..
I use gimp to make clothing etc. for other games, to make it not as blurry, you save it as a different file type.

:D
Page 10 of 12