Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1301 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 7:29 PM
it works now...yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa =) i am sooooo glad! *smile*
Advertisement
#1302 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 7:19 AM
I am still stuck. :-(

I am using the aftopnaked because I want to change the shape of the upper body. When it comes to the 3DiD, now I am having just 3 lines. Only the first one has a resource node in it but no shape?? Is it allways like that withe the body meshes?

Anyway, when starting in bodyshop I created a new sim to work with - not the outfit part. Is that maybe where I am going wrong?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1303 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 3:23 PM
You need to create an outfit - usually that uses the mesh you plan to modify. You could use, say, one of the tank tops. Your mesh needs to be coupled with an outfit to show up.
Test Subject
#1304 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:32 PM
stuck on no.8 it says: 8. Click on "Resource Node" Only one item should appear in the Packed Files list. Right click on it and hit extract. Put it in the folder you made. Clear the instance filter box

but when i click resource node lots of items appear im preety sure that ive done everything else right

edit= i also dont have an instance filter box on my SimPE
Test Subject
#1305 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 2:41 AM
I got stuck on step 8???? help???? in the resource node thingy I have like 1,000 things and not just one???? I am also new at this!
Test Subject
#1306 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 2:45 AM
hey funkyfae214 in SimPE see on the side there is a magnifing glass click on that.
that is where the instance filter is!!! hope this helps. you also have the same prob as me!!
Test Subject
#1307 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 6:52 PM
thanks trumpet i'll just go try it
Lab Assistant
#1308 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Bubbleberri : 10th Feb 2006 at 3:54 PM. Reason: I ish a Gud Speeler :P
Hi there. Could I be a real pain and ask for a little help?
I have just upgrated my SimPE and have decided to attempt more meshes. However this is the outcome I came up with.
Note the .Obj file in Milkshape looks fine but then when I load it into BodyShop the outcome is more Edward Scissorhands than Diva.

Any help to what I have done wrong here would be much appreciated.

Regards
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1309 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 5:55 PM
Is this a nightlife mesh you're starting with? Did you just upgrade SimPE within the last couple days? There is a new version and there was something about the bone assignments in this update.
I am assuming you *did not* delete or add any vertices to the mesh, right?

What you've got looks like a bad/missing bone assignment on the hand.
The mesh might need to be taken into the unimesh plugin to be repaired
Lab Assistant
#1310 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Bubbleberri : 11th Feb 2006 at 12:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Is this a nightlife mesh you're starting with? Did you just upgrade SimPE within the last couple days? There is a new version and there was something about the bone assignments in this update.
I am assuming you *did not* delete or add any vertices to the mesh, right?

What you've got looks like a bad/missing bone assignment on the hand.
The mesh might need to be taken into the unimesh plugin to be repaired

Hiya,
I upgraded SimPE right before I started on this mesh. Which was last night.

And no I didn't remove any vertices or add. In fact I didn't even touch the hands on the mesh at all tahts why it had be stumped.

Hmm Unimesh. I might give that I try. I just need to click that like I do with the fix integrity part dont I?

Thanks for your help on this.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1311 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:23 AM
Unimesh is an entire different way to edit meshes - recently published by Wes_h, and the thread about it is not in the tutorial area, but in the bodyshop-meshing area. It does have a manual but no tutorial. You might be able to import your modified gdmc into it and then check all the bone assignments and find the broken assignments and fix them.
Also you might want to try the process over from the beginning (and only fix integrity *once* for the mesh, the one time it tells you to).
If it still fails, we've either got a problem with SimPE or meshtool.
You also didn't identify which mesh you are modifying.
Lab Assistant
#1312 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:54 PM
Sorry it was the mesh with the halter top and jeans found in Nightlife.
bodyhalterpant is what it is called.

I only fixed the integrity once also the part after you add all the 4 .5gd files

I'll see what it looks like in game though. It seems to have a 'box' type effect on the mesh. I think that could be due to milkshapes smoothing tool though.

Will post my findings later.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1313 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:43 PM
You should always have smoothing turned off in milkshape. You might need to start over.
Lab Assistant
#1314 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 12:27 AM
Hmmm Ok I am not sure if the smoothing part is what when wrong. It was only the arms (Which I did not touch) and the torso. The legs had nothing wrong with them.

See attached images:
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1315 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 5:40 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:34 AM.
Thanks for the screenies. You probably need to weld (and really smoothing should be turned off) the seams and see if that fixes it. Try it on one arm, select the points of the arm and use weld, then save and make the new gdmc and import again and see if that fixes the one arm.

Wait - looked at all the screenies. This is a nightlife mesh?
Maxis changed something and some of the nightlife meshes have an extra bone assignment on the hands - we don't know why, but it can mess things up. Maybe meshtool (which is very old now) doesn't know about those 4th bone assignments - all the other meshes have *3* assignments at most.

You have done all the important steps right (like building your mesh file and assigning it to a texture). You'll need those steps, but then you will want to try using the unimesh plugin instead to do your edits, following the bit of a manual and notes that wes has written.
Test Subject
#1316 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 7:33 PM
erm...i wanted to download sim pe...but then it came up with stuff like it can damage your game or your entire sistem...and it kinda put me off installing it...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1317 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 8:24 PM
Try reading the disclaimers that come with your microsoft software. What they *all* say is that *we are not responsible* if something happens to your system. It's a standard disclaimer.

Now in terms of the rest, YES, you do need to use SimPE responsibly - it is a powerful tool and you can modify anything in your game files with it. You should make backups of your files (you know, the stuff in my documents/ea games/sims 2/.... ) You should do that from time to time anyway, because the game itself does *not* come with any guarantees that your neighborhood/characters will not have something happen that damages them.

Making new things for the game require you to be careful, although if you follow the directions in this tutorial there's no reason anything in your game will be damaged at all. You are simply copying the components of the mesh to new files and then building your own new mesh file to change. If you put it in your game and it doesn't work, you simply remove that file from your downloads folder and you're back where you started, no harm done.
Instructor
#1318 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 5:34 AM Last edited by Warlokk : 15th Feb 2006 at 5:41 AM.
Hey Tig, you seem to be the authority on MeshTool lately... is there a way to modify meshes that have Alpha layers with this? I'm playing around with the afBodySlip mesh, which has Alpha layers and Bump maps, and I don't want to add or remove anything, I just want to resize it for my Bodyshapes, and UniMesh will lose the Bump maps. I got the Nighty mesh to convert nicely, but it's a simple 2-group mesh. This ones more complicated, and I'm not sure if I can do it this way. I tried it using the normal basic procedure, loading the edited .obj and the original gmdc, and pulling into the mesh, and it looks fine in SimPE but explodes in BodyShop.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1319 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 8:03 AM
I haven't tried a mesh like that I recall there being some meshes that gave most of the programs fits. I think you and Dr. Pixel have edited far more meshes than I have.
Test Subject
#1320 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 3:00 PM
In step 14 I can't find "fix integrity" button but I think I have a more recent version and all... Anyway, up to this poin it't been really easy to understand!!!
Instructor
#1321 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 3:19 PM
The instance filter is on the right hand side of the screen at the top under the magnifying glass where it says filter.You can click the little stick pin to keep it open while you are useing it.
Test Subject
#1322 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 4:30 AM
Um where do we make the new folder at for the projects? Anywhere?
Instructor
#1323 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 6:46 AM
Yes anywhere. You just need somewhere to keep everything together while you are working on your mesh.
Test Subject
#1324 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 2:20 PM
i dont get it! eeh? what exactly shall i do? im 11 years old and from sweden, so i donĀ“t realy understand what to do!:'(, im realy sorry for that, becaus i loooooooove the sims! and i realy want more skins, meches and chlothes!!!!( and so on...) so please help mee!!:'( // avlove!!
Lab Assistant
#1325 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 5:55 AM
It's fine if I can't delete points from new mesh, but can I add more points?
If I want to work on a user-created new mesh, then how can I find the cres, shape, gmnd and gmdc file for that user created file? It will not be in Sim03~ Sim06.package I guess?
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 53 of 54