Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:29 PM
Milkshape 3d is a meshing program that supports animations for cars. You can get a free trial of it here, http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:25 PM
what free sofewere can i use for it as i am only a child?

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#103 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:54 AM
I dont really like to use milkshape but i cant find a plugin for Gmax which i prefer to use or blender which i would also rather use. where can i find a plugin for it
Test Subject
#104 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 1:27 AM
Can someone help me? Ive finished my 1974 Chevy Camaro mesh and the UV mapping for it but SimPE wont open it.
Instructor
#105 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfacruzer
Can someone help me? Ive finished my 1974 Chevy Camaro mesh and the UV mapping for it but SimPE wont open it.

You mean it wont open the uvmap, the package or SimPE it self?
Test Subject
#106 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 6:21 PM
Default Help
Can I use something else than Milkshape 3D? It doesent work on my computer.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#107 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:29 AM
Milkshape is the cheapest 3D editor that can correctly handle the joints (which are extremely important parts of the cars' meshes).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#108 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 4:21 AM
In step five, when I import my mesh to Milkshape, with the cloned GMDC......
It does not show up.....
But when I tried it in Wings3D....
the mesh did show up.....
The ModFather
retired moderator
#109 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 9:41 AM
The tutorial suggests to extract the entire GMDC from the "reference" car and import it into Milkshape. This is done by right-clicking on the GMDC (in the upper-right panel) and choosing "Extract". You are NOT asked to click the "Export" button in the preview window.

When you extract the entire GMDC, it will be saved in a format that can be recognized only by the "GMDG Unimesh Importer" of Milkshape; Wings can't load an extracted GMDC. That's why I think that you by mistake exported the mesh in .OBJ format, and didn't extract the entire GMDC.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#110 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:29 AM
Thanks Numenor, but how do you get the custom car mesh with the GMDC together in Milkshape??
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:35 AM
I've just began to make a supra... because i cant find any on here so i thought i would make my own...

anyway when i imported it to milkshape... my car looks like a big piece of shratnel... now i know its gotta be something with the joints but im no pro on joints is.. is there a tutorial (preferably with pics) that can help me with the joint assignments for the car
Test Subject
#112 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 9:26 PM
VoVilla when you import the GMDC into milkshape just import it ove the custom car mesh and then you can delete the imported groups and leave the joints. Thats the easiest way i have found to do it.

Fusion556 it sounds like when you import your mesh to milkshape everything is all out of wack, depending on what you import it as i.e. 3ds or lightwave, that will sometimes happen I dont know why it just does it to me on certain ones if it is the joints then the best way is to go into SimPE and go to the GMDC and click on the joints tab in the bottom window and that will tell you what the joints are, the first one that gets assigned is the left wheel rot and the all the rot joints after that get assigned to the respective parts of the mesh.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#113 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 1:42 PM
I'm interesting in making a car, however, my car's height and doors don't match any of the current sims cars. The smord is at the right height and the right number of doors, but its cab sits to far forward on the wheelbase. Is it hard to move the doors and all the animations/actions that go with it?
Test Subject
#114 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 7:58 PM
Hey Guys, I really love the cars you create, whenever I download it ( Specially Enzo and Lamborghini ) at the end of the download, when I open the file, a box pop ups with a yellow triangle with an exclamation inside, it wont work, and some some cars that work, after I added them, and enable them in game, I just dont see them in the cars section, please some one help me with this issue, it gets me mad most times.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#115 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm interesting in making a car, however, my car's height and doors don't match any of the current sims cars. The smord is at the right height and the right number of doors, but its cab sits to far forward on the wheelbase. Is it hard to move the doors and all the animations/actions that go with it?

No all that is adjustable using the CRES it just takes some time to get it all lined back up. All that you need to do is to open the CRES and find the door joints and move them foward or back depending on what is needed, the same goes for the tires, the driver/passenger slots, and the headlight/taillights.
Test Subject
#116 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:45 PM
I was trying to use SimPE to mod the in-game helicopter to make it ownable/drivable, but when I buy it and place it on the driveway (which I have to use moveobjects to do), as soon as I unpause the game, it disappears and flies in as though it were the carpool, and then flies away.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to try to do this, but haven't been able to find anyone who's been successful. Do you think it's even possible?
Test Subject
#117 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:28 PM Last edited by hilaryduffroxsims2 : 25th Nov 2007 at 8:35 PM.
Default where do you find it?
soo, which free program do you use to make a sims car and where can you download it?? i really want to make a Nissan 350z for my sims and for other users on MTS2
Test Subject
#118 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:34 PM
plus, the only free that i have is adobe reader 7.0
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:46 AM
Hey i'm trying to make this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...auld/death7.jpg . any tips?
Test Subject
#120 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 11:28 AM
My fave car!!! found a mesh at gta-worldmods.de an it's perfect.
Problem is that it is a .DFF file. don't know how to convert the file.
Anyone know how to convert .DFF files?
There should be some other 3d meshes out there. keep looking.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:47 AM
How do you prevent from your car to override the original mesh? Like, when I created the convertible landwhale, which I have uploaded on this website, it overrides the original landwhale in game. And I don't know what to do. I checked everything in SimPE and it seems I am doing the right thing.

I'd be glad for help.
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 5:48 AM
If it is overwriting the original, that implies that you did not give it a new, unique GUID.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
If it is overwriting the original, that implies that you did not give it a new, unique GUID.

Oh thanks a lot bluetexasbonnie!

I'm currently in the process of making the Mercedes Benz Vaneo minivan at the moment. Here:

May be a while. But stay tuned!
Top Secret Researcher
#124 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:11 PM
Very sharp looking. Hope it comes together easily.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Very sharp looking. Hope it comes together easily.

Wait a minite , can you tell me how to create new GUID? I've been stuck lately.
Page 5 of 6