Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster University Education mod (3 versions - one semester = 48 or 24 or 36 hours)

by Dave Luv Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 8:20 AM by Dave Luv : Reuploaded after MTS2 file server crash

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 177 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#176 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:33 PM
Red doesn't mean "could severely damage the game" - it merely means it changes game behavior. It can be something fairly innocuous and has nothing to do with any potential damage.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#177 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SultanBandar
in sims pack clean installer, this mod is listed in red which means it could severely damage the game, is this normal?

As HystericalParoxysm wrote - Clean Installer just marks all global hacks in red.
Dave
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#178 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:10 PM
Yaeeeee! I can start sending my sims kids to college and get them back to the neighborhood. I stopped sending them because it took forever. Thank you many times over!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 8:03 AM
I absolutely hate college and almost never send my sims there. Its so boring and the most irritating part is how long it is - 24 days is almost as long as the entire adult life stage, but it is set over a period of four years!! Thank you so much for this mod, now i won't have knowledge sims having a nervous breakdowns because they can't access four extra jobs, three of which you shouldn't need a degree for anyway.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 5:20 PM
This mod is very helpful to me; wanting sims with an education took so freaking long, and now I have it set to where it only takes 8 days. Many thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#181 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:18 PM
... ... :face palm: the whole bloody time I was complaining and whining about University I was typing in the wrong thing to find this mod. :tosses up hands: Lordy I feel like I just fell off the short bus. Anyway thank you for this mod, college takes WAY to long. I have the 36 but that might still be to long but didn't want to try the shortest off the bat.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#182 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 1:15 AM
Great job on the mod. I always though university was to long (especially for sims who didn't have a lover to distract themselves with)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 10:26 PM
Thank you!!!! No longer will I have to go and watch TV while my sim fast forwards through college.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:50 PM
I've rarely ever played Uni sims because of the time it takes for them to complete their education and it can be a bit boring. But this looks like a great mod, so thank you!!
Field Researcher
#185 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:51 PM
Hi, I've been using the 24 hour version of this mod for some time now and it was really useful when I just wanted to rush sims through uni to get them career boosts, but recently I've felt like I need a bit more time so I was thinking about installing another version of this mod and I was just wondering if it would be safe to do that whilst I've got sims in uni or whether I should wait until my current lot graduate?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#186 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:20 PM
Cool, now I can actually send my teens to college!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#187 Old 6th May 2012 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NatteryakToad
Hi, I've been using the 24 hour version of this mod for some time now and it was really useful when I just wanted to rush sims through uni to get them career boosts, but recently I've felt like I need a bit more time so I was thinking about installing another version of this mod and I was just wondering if it would be safe to do that whilst I've got sims in uni or whether I should wait until my current lot graduate?

Hi, you can change the version of this mod even when your Sims are in university - but the time values will change (e.g. from 24 to 48 hours) after finishing the active semester.

Dave
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#188 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:06 AM
I absolutely love this mod! 72 hours was just too long for me, and I didn't really want to put up with it, so I just stopped sending Sims to college. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 9:34 PM
YES, thanks, now I have less time to build relationships too, feels more like a challenge.
The only reason I send my sims to college is so I can get a headstart in the careers..
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#190 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:50 PM
Thank you! This will help me get through university 192 simhours faster!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#191 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:56 PM
What would I do without this mod? Like seriously the time they are spending on the University is like enough time for the whole neighbourhood to die out or something.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#192 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 2:47 AM
Why have I not found this earlier? I was getting ridiculously bored after their first year of uni, I'm just there waiting for them to do the finals with that 5+ that's sat waiting! This is great, and tbh more realistic! With the 24 hour one you actually have to do some work to graduate with 5+
Scholar
THANKS POST
#193 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 9:51 AM Last edited by Amura : 22nd Jan 2014 at 4:02 PM.
Thank you SO MUCH.

University was so damn slow that I quitted playing it long ago, and I was so bothered of my teens wanting to go there that I decided to remove it completely from my computer -yes, I uninstalled it.
I have tried now the 48 hours version and it's a great improvement, now I can play University and sync it with my hood without going nuts.
I'm gonna try the 36 hours version now, because I think it would be challenging to make it even shorter, and if I grow bold enough I'll even try the 24 hours version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 7:58 PM
Very helpful! This made my sims going to university less of a bore for me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:20 AM
thank you
THANKS POST
#196 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 7:25 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:01 AM
Thank you!
I'm really lazy to sent them to university
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 5:49 PM
Incredible... now I don't have to spend an ETERNITY playing my College sims. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:50 AM
This has been one of the best mods I've downloaded, because I find the majority of the University stuff boring but I want my sims to get their degrees! Thanks for letting me cut their time in half!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 2:05 PM
thanks!
Page 8 of 10