Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 12:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't adopt baby... Household full
Have Master Controller and have it set up to allow more then 8 Sims... it says adoption works with it but I can't adopt any baby? Do I miss something?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 1:43 PM
perhaps you need this mod as well,
https://www.nraas.net/community/Mover

I'm gonna call @igazor for this. by the way, how do I notify someone? I do hope igazor will see this message.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 4:24 PM
I don't know... I do have mover though... but it was also said mover is just needed when you want to move sims in via edit town
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 5:31 PM
I think that you need to have the options to enable more than 8 sims set in both MC and in Mover, at least I always have them both set. But I'd also wait to see what igazor has to say as I can count the number of sims I've adopted in ts3 on one hand so I don't know if there's something different regarding adoption or not.
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 7:54 PM
are you also installing Twallan's Story Progression? as I recall there's an option to change maximum number of household. do this, story progression - caste options - active family - maximum number of sims set to greater than 8.

or the second option, you could simply bypass the adoption service situation through master controller. click on town hall or computer - sims - basic - adopt and see if it works.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 5:50 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Nov 2022 at 12:02 AM.
MC's option for Greater than Eight only applies to MC Commands. In other words, it will (should) allow you to adopt by way of MC > Adopt Sim, it's on the Sim > Basic menu, but not by way of the telephone or other in-game commands if the household is already full. Also note that (I think) MC's Adopt Sim is one of the few commands that only works as expected if it invoked while the game clock is moving forward, but not while it is paused.

You get the same baby (babies) with the MC command as you do the in-game way, but you get the added bonus of bypassing the adoption social worker visiting the house to drop the baby or child off as that scenario, while cute, doesn't always work correctly and can end in a lot of routing failures instead of the baby/child actually arriving anywhere.
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
but you get the added bonus of bypassing the adoption social worker visiting the house to drop the baby or child off as that scenario, while cute, doesn't always work correctly and can end in a lot routing failures instead of the baby/child actually arriving anywhere.

I've been using MC's adopt pet for this reason. I don't know if Moonlight Falls is the issue or something I did, but the pet adoption person always throws an error and the pet never comes, and then has my family's surname in the adoption menu. So I've only been using MC now and not the in-game pet adoption.

Highly would recommend using MC's baby adoption then as well if it works the same way!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 5:42 PM
Ouh I didnt knew that this was meant with that Xd Thank you!