Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 1:06 PM
Default Buy/built on another residental lot
Hi, I wanna have a big garden in my game. I bought another residental lot. I wanted to create the garden there. I can buy/built whatever, that is no problem. When I buy/built something, it costs me nothing. I can have zero simeleons on my family account but I can buy on this lot even an expensive car. In the buy/built mod I can see that the value of the lot is changing but when I click on the phone -> check lot - the value is not changing.
My question is, why I can buy whatever to my lot? How can I fix it? I wanna pay for it to make the game realistic.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:48 PM
Are you entering Build/Buy from Edit Town or by way of Testingcheatsenabled and a shift-click on the second lot? Try it the TCE way, unless this is what you are already doing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you entering Build/Buy from Edit Town or by way of Testingcheatsenabled and a shift-click on the second lot? Try it the TCE way, unless this is what you are already doing.

I have tried both.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 12:34 PM
I can't entirely re-create this. I mean, I ran a test and had my sim purchase a second residential lot for §16k. I went into Build/Buy on the lot and got charged for the §30k of hot tubs and junk I added to it. It's true that the value of the lot did not change when viewed through the phone, but that meant I took a loss on the added stuff when I just sold it. Its new purchase price is §46k.

I think that NRaas SP and the SP Money add-on might be adding something in here though and would expect a proper revaluation of the lot the next time the mod completes its cycle, which can take a sim day or so. I didn't have time to test any further.

Are you using NRaas SP and SP Money? If not, then of course we aren't testing in the same environments and would need other players to tell us what they see.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I can't entirely re-create this. I mean, I ran a test and had my sim purchase a second residential lot for §16k. I went into Build/Buy on the lot and got charged for the §30k of hot tubs and junk I added to it. It's true that the value of the lot did not change when viewed through the phone, but that meant I took a loss on the added stuff when I just sold it. Its new purchase price is §46k.

I think that NRaas SP and the SP Money add-on might be adding something in here though and would expect a proper revaluation of the lot the next time the mod completes its cycle, which can take a sim day or so. I didn't have time to test any further.

Are you using NRaas SP and SP Money? If not, then of course we aren't testing in the same environments and would need other players to tell us what they see.

Yes, I am using NRaaas SP and SP Money. I made two screenshots (there is no screenshot on my sims's phone, but I think that you can see my problem). I even deleted SP Money, but it is still the same,
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 3:15 AM
I redid the test with a moderately expensive car, but sorry I'm still not seeing this. My sim could only buy the cars, to place on a space on his second lot, that he could afford and he was charged for them. The others much more expensive ones were blocked out in red in Buy Mode.

Have you let the game clock for a at least a few sim minutes after purchasing the property (this is done requiring a trip to City Hall, right?) and does the second lot have the rectangle with the star icon showing in Map View?

Can you try a redo with only NRaas mods in place? Something else might be interfering there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 7:43 PM
Thank you, I have found 1 bad mod.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 8:47 PM
Great. Can you tell us what the mod was in case others report something similar?