Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 1:06 AM
Default stories simmers tell - read any good/really bad/weird/memorable ones?
I never get tired of hearing/reading watching stories and stories are a main reason for me to play sims at all, so it's perhaps not strange that I have watched so many old sims stories on youtube as I have, or read so many sims stories as I have. I haven't got into "Fortune and Romance", which I know has been very much liked by others, but otherwise I've read most that I've come across. I have strong opinions on many of them too - some of the old stories on the exchange still make me feel slightly queasy to think about, while DocNerd's Vetinary dualegacy still sometimes makes me smile when I think of it. I want to hear if the rest of you are at all into other simmers' stories, especially written ones, and which ones you liked and didn't like. Ever read a really weird one,? Or one that made you wonder "How on earth did they set that up?" Or maybe one that made you think of the game or the premades in a different way?

Please tell, it would be fun to hear! Especially if you have recommendations.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 3:11 AM
I will delve into a good story when I find one! I prefer stories about custom sims with plots - I love the comics that grecadeasims made called 'Srath Farath ' and her current ongoing webtoon using sims called 'Not My Cupid ' they are like graphic novels and I love them, the pacing and suspense really keeps me invested.

Other great ones I have been following that revolves around pre-mades is 'No Love Lost ' by yakumtskai, Anything NikkaSims puts out on the TS2 facebook group, and Lavender-Noire's story vignette's on her uberhood 'A Pleasant Place ' are superb writing and character studies.

Oh and anything Freelala ever writes (she won a story contest on here with a science fiction one called 'Avalanche' back in 2015) is really out of the box with beautiful pictures as well.

I forgot Dee-Dee Sims had a cool interactive story series where readers would vote between two scenarios on how the main character would act. It was a pleasure to follow!

Unfortunately, I came into the community a bit too late to delve into and follow any stories on it (the exchange) but I hear it was a good time.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 3:33 AM
A looong time ago I was really into sims series. I loved the idea of being able to create your own stories and using your sims as your "actors" to make that happen. It's a difficult and very tedious thing to do, and I really admire those who make them. I believe this part of the simming community thrived way more in the past than it does now, but I know there are still people out there who create those kinds of series.

My favorite series I used to watch are: El Mensaje, Danella, Decisiones, Leo Diez, Amor Prohibido, and Lolipop. These are all in Spanish because I didn't speak English very well back then. They're all from like 10 years ago or more, but they still live in my heart.

I also used to watch a few in English, like Apokálypsis and Runaway. They're both really good but sadly discontinued.

Again, I have so much respect for the people who make projects like this! They were a huge part of my childhood simming life. I know I used to watch so many more than just these but I don't really remember the name of all, and some are even deleted by now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 9:45 AM
Charmful, I loved the story about Rhett and Ollie and their friends! I tend to read without commenting, but on that one I did go in and give my vote at one point. I've always wondered why some of Grecadea's downloads are tagged 'Srath Farath' and now I'm really curious to read her graphic novels, so thanks for the tip!

LauraPamplonaS, I remember Runaway! I'd forgotten what it was called, but I saw it back when it came out. It's one of those that looks so professionally set up.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 8:29 AM
My favourite sim storyteller ever was gruglysims on Livejournal. No idea if he is still there. The stories are very NSFW - lots of nudity, violence and sexual content, but they are hilarious and very well written.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 8:49 AM
I've kept track of Jusfels' story, Zeit der Finsternis, for a while. I don't understand much (probably could run it through translation, but that doesn't quite give the same feel for a story), but the pictures are amazing, so that's kind of what I'm there for.