Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 12:01 PM Last edited by squaretable : 21st Jun 2012 at 6:55 PM.
Default NOW available! Signs for Mall! Thanks Varpunen! LInk in Thread!!!
ORIGINAL TEXT: As above, yeh still in a rush

New text: Thanks to Varpuren my Epic Finnish Friend, we now have a Rusty, Dirty and Destroyed Mall Sign based on a Showtime Stage Prop! Heres the Thread it's in! Feel free to use it, the writings in Simlish, (i think by SIMale at InSimenator.org) so you can invent the Meaning in your head! ( I know though ) Happy Apocalyptic Simming!

Just Call me Square!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:51 AM
Sorry, but what I meant to say is, Who wants to make some CC signs for a ShoppingCentre/er/mall? Destroyed or taken apart or battered or burnt or whatever, I just need a bashed-up sign for my mall. Sorry for ll dat...

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 7:55 PM
I can make the mall sign. So... will it be "Squaretable Centre" then?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 7:39 AM Last edited by squaretable : 19th Jun 2012 at 7:46 AM. Reason: Link
Ok then, sounds Wierd but it's the Best we can do, that or we could use a Simlish font to make it.
Either way and just one other thing, make it like it used to be bright (lots of blues, yellows, and whites) but has all got dirty destroyed and weathered.
So you are free to do what you want really (I'm not giving you too much pressure, if so I'll leave off.)

Edit: the link Simlish writing

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
Either way and just one other thing, make it like it used to be bright (lots of blues, yellows, and whites) but has all got dirty destroyed and weathered.

I'll have to warn you, I might not be that good but I'll try. I wish I had the PaintShop program but Paint.Net have to do. I have made paintings before but since this will be a custom texture, it will take more work. Source texture links are appreciated if someone knows any.

If someone else has a better graphics program they are welcome to try, as well.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 6:22 PM Last edited by squaretable : 19th Jun 2012 at 7:12 PM. Reason: Double Posted, and again!
Ok, I only have a basic picture editing thing, but heres a basic Idea i had using it.

Merged: Sorry for the Double post! I dont know how to add new Pics! Heres a 'Dirty' Version
Simlish writing courtesy of SIMale at Insimenator.org

EDIT: Made a Latin Clean Version

I have learnt how to put in Pics!

Screenshots

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#7 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 10:44 PM
Okay, I have something. I wanted to make it as large as possible, so I used the Gothic Stage background. The text says "Squaretable Centre" in simlish. I also found quite nice gift bag image and I think that the result turned out quite well. Let me know what you think.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 7:11 AM
Cool! Better than mine! We could use that on the roof! My malls gonna have to be improved drastically now, to meet the high standards of your roof sign! I'm no good at meshing or recolouring, so the best I can do is really limited to Create-a-Pattern tool and being inventive with CAStyle. By the way, what language do you play your game in?

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#9 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 2:11 PM Last edited by varpunen : 21st Jun 2012 at 2:23 PM.
I use english in all my games. Wouldn't even dream to use finnish.

Has anyone uploaded any CC yet? I was just wondering whether to post the mall sign zip file link here or somewhere else.

Here perhaps?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478266
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 4:19 PM
Maybe here is what I was thinking : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478267.
Edit actually I think put it where you were going to originally

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 5:12 PM