Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:47 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 21st Feb 2021 at 8:17 PM.
Default Fire Mod Causing Object Errors Every Time Sim Tries to Autonomously Put Out Fire
Okay, so this has been going on for awhile now and I keep forgetting to troubleshoot it.

I have the Fire Mod installed, I think it's by midgethetree, but I can't remember... Anyway, it's supposed to make learning Fire Safety useful. However, every time I have a fire on my lot, anyone who has learned Fire Safety will try to put it out, as intended, then the game will throw an Object Error at me, resulting in me having to reset the Sim.

I'm not on the PC right now, so I can't get the specifics of it up yet, but is there anyway to tell what's going on?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:45 PM
If you want to know what's going on, you have to turn on testing cheats to figure out what the object error is.

I would also run the HCDU as well, because I don't experience this issue with the mod. Perhaps you have a conflict? Maybe you have another mod that affects fires or fire safety that you forgot to remove when installing Midge's mod, etc?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:46 PM
Sounds like the same error that this person had, it was the more dangerous fire mod that is missing a value for extinguishing fires, though you can add it in SimPE.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 6:32 PM
The only other mod I have that affects how fire functions is, in fact, the More Dangerous Fire mod. So, I'll have to add a BHAV in SimPE? I followed the link in post #3 and I don't get how to go about doing that. I've never edited a mod in SimPE at all, and when I do go to do so, it looks quite intimidating

I'm comfortable with SimPE when it comes to memory management, altering genetics, TOs, etc. but just not when it comes to mod creation and alteration.

Is it just the case of adding a new line, giving it a name, a value, and confirming the changes?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 6:37 PM
If you manage to fix it, could you share please? I use the More Dangerous Fires mod, and the firemod by Pescado, which sounds like it does a similar thing.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 7:08 PM
I downloaded the mod and made a quick edit for you guys - you can get it here. I put the value as 12 which is a bit stronger than normal according to Midgethetree. If you want to change it open the package in SimPE, click Tuning - Extinguish and then click line 6 (0x6) on the bottom half. On the left of that, you'll see it says 0x00C in Hex and 12 in dec - change the dec value to whatever you want, then click commit file on the right and save the package.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:17 PM
Thank you so much!

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:55 PM
No worries, have a good day!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 11:39 AM
Thank you for this

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:05 AM
hey, having the same issue but the above link is dead. anyone have an updated link?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scrapsmcgee
hey, having the same issue but the above link is dead. anyone have an updated link?

Making the edits the previous poster explained, here's the edited version. Link above was dead, so I'm dropping it in a file here, hopefully it should be more accessible now. The final BHAV is set to 12 for sims who've learned Fire Safety (For reference, normal sims are 4 and NPC firefighters are set to 50) and after testing in my game I no longer get the error when a sim tries to extinguish fires. A little late, sure, but hopefully this will help you and anyone else who's having this problem!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cd_more_dangerous_fire.zip (277 Bytes, 0 downloads)