Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
https://www.nraas.net/community/sto...ssion/topic6755

Wouldn't this get rid of pudding face?

Yes, but we have been over this with the OP many times. They do not wish to use any form of story progression and are pretty adamant about it. It is not possible to separate out the genetics portions of NRaas SP from the rest of what the mod does, whereas with AwesomeMod Story Mode can just be switched off and genetics are not a part of that.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:55 PM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 27th Apr 2021 at 2:08 PM.
It wouldn't be too bad if there was a junkyard in Bridgeport. But there is no routable space left for junkyards. The place where I built my Sim's house was previously occupied by water. It was built on that street with water on all sides.

And no, I am not going to get the fixed version of Bridgeport because that would mean starting a clean save, and I've already made more customisations to Bridgeport in my save than I can count. I'm not interested in manually customising the same world twice. That's why I didn't start a new save in Moonlight Falls after my old save became corrupt and I hadn't saved any backups.

I do have plans to attempt to rebuild some of the community lots missing from Bridgeport that I had in Moonlight Falls over the sides of the road surrounded by water. But that's going to be quite stressful to do. Unfortunately placing the original community lots on those terrains is out of the question, as it usually results in everything being placed underwater. Or otherwise not at the desired level. Compared to the top notch developers that built the pre-made community lots, I am a novice. Though I can replicate some community lots, it takes a usually unnecessary amount of work to do.

https://www.nraas.net/community/sto...ssion/topic6755

Wouldn't this get rid of pudding face?

Yes. But the last time I checked, it also did things that I didn't want it to do. And I need AwesomeMod to do things such as generating Sims with a variety of voices instead of just the first voice with the centre pitch. I can't quite remember what else I need AwesomeMod for off the top of my head, other than being able to see vehicles on the map and the Sims that are driving them, but I definitely need it for other things besides just more unique faces and voices.

Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Then it probably doesn't allow it and if there isn't a setting for it in that, there isn't one and Pescado certainly isn't going to add it. Unfortunately you will probably have to live with it or remove and find other more user friendly ways to solve your issues. Pretty much everything in NRasss mods is customizable especially in SP. Awesomemod is pretty much a take it as he made it and deal with it.

If that's the case, then why are there all these options to enable or disable various settings that AwesomeMod has? It wouldn't take too much to make it so that vehicles can spawn at public community lots. But someone would of course need to know exactly what they are doing.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
If that's the case, then why are there all these options to enable or disable various settings that AwesomeMod has? It wouldn't take too much to make it so that vehicles can spawn at public community lots. But someone would of course need to know exactly what they are doing.

(blinks) It doesn't work that way. AwesomeMod is a Core Mod and its programming is not open sourced. The only person in the world who can alter it is Pescado, as he retains and controls the source files until such time as that changes (likely never going to happen). It's not a matter of knowing how. The controls that are there by way of its config mechanism are there because he wants them to be there. The aspects of the mod that are not controllable by way of its config mechanism are not there because he doesn't want them to be.

What you have is a feature request. It must be directed to the mod's developer, one way or another.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:20 PM
Well I would have done that. But I don't remember the details to register a new account on MATY or access my old account (assuming I had one, I remember having one before) so I can't contact Pescado directly.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:22 PM Last edited by igazor : 27th Apr 2021 at 5:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Well I would have done that. But I don't remember the details to register a new account on MATY or access my old account (assuming I had one, I remember having one before) so I can't contact Pescado directly.

That is, however, the only way. Perhaps someone who does have an account registered can help you get through that, though. But again, I wouldn't have too much confidence that the request will be treated warmly.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:07 AM
I know how to add blank lots to worlds. I'm no stranger to this. Problem is that there aren't a lot of places in the world where I can place lots.

The terrains are either unrouteable, too small to place or build any decent lots, or would be positioned very awkwardly. Like if I try to add blank lots on the side of the street that is surrounded by water, and then place any pre-existing lots from other worlds, it usually causes the lot to be underwater.

And even if I try to constrain the floor elevation, it usually results in screwing up the lots when I adjust them to the correct level. When I flattened the Bridgeport Eternal Rest Cemetery, I had to take all the buildings apart and rebuild them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:15 AM
I managed to get the "Bayless Memorial Junkyard", the "Fire Department", and "Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries" into Bridgeport without the floor elevation getting screwed up - probably because I flattened the ground prior to adding each of the lots to their respective places. So now I should at least have some things to detonate, even if they might not stack up as quickly as the cars did.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 2:31 PM
use "SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)" either + or -, in edit town prior to placing the lot.

eg.
SetImportedTerrainOffset 1
SetImportedTerrainOffset 2.3
SetImportedTerrainOffset -3.5

Thanks! :D

I had no idea. Well the terrain level is a tiny bit off since I didn't know about this cheat. But I might be able to fix it if I rebuild the lots. Since I'd just be rebuilding the lot at the same time as taking it apart, it should be just time consuming more than anything. Unless there's some way to adjust the terrain without having to rebuild or reimport the lots.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th May 2021 at 12:52 AM
I do so wish that I could get some of the terrains to be more routable. Since this terrain clearly should be routable.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 7th May 2021 at 1:00 AM
It's not routable because of the trees.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th May 2021 at 2:07 AM
If there are trees in the way, the game automatically deletes the trees upon placing the lot. Also when I try readding the same lot of the same size that used to be there, I can't place it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th May 2021 at 3:07 AM
Ah yes. I do have that mod. Too bad it doesn't let me replace the common consignment store that is added to other worlds with the larger consignment store that is found in Twinbrook.
Page 2 of 2