Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 8:18 PM
Default Hack Organizer Utility - counterpart to DDO
The first piece of advice usually given to diagnose crashing issues is "pull your custom content." That's pretty easy for objects--just move the Downloads folder. But some custom content is in the game's program folders, which makes it harder to find and pull.

I'm looking for a counterpart for Delphy's Download Organiser that looks in the game program folders and can find things like Phaenoh's Catalog Cleanup Mod and HugeLunatic's Rugs - ZMOG!! Off Grid!!. (Which, btw, are cool mods.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 8:40 PM
I don't know about a program, but since there aren't a whole lot of files that should go into this location, you could make an overview of these files and where they are in the game folders, for instance in a Notepad/Word (or similar) document, so you know where to look for them and maybe some info about the files/sets. Alternatively a folder with shortcuts (or shortcuts in the document you an copy/paste) directly to some of the files so there's a bit less clicking involved. This would make it easier to know which files you have, what they do, and whether it would help to pull them out when testing.

Except for lighting mods, most of these mods usually go into one of the subfolders in the *last EP folder*/SP9 or the BG folder, so most of the time there aren't a lot of places you'll have to look.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 4:57 AM
Thanks. I was hoping for something to recommend when diagnosing crash problems. But making notes while tracking down the mods in my system will help.

I've done time as a tech writer and my notes on my own experience are trying to turn into a guide to fixing Sims 2 UC crashing in Windows 10. So far, that's mostly "this is the information you need to collect and here's where you go to interpret it and find solutions."
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 3:06 PM
I think one of the major issues would be that most of the files in the install location are package files, so you'd need a program that would be able to ignore all of those to see the ones the player has placed there - and not only that, but also see files that's been changed/modded (thinking of lighting hacks and clean templates, etc.) maybe not with recent templates, either (for a UC game the files could be older than the game files), if you want it to really be useful in that area. Then there's also different variations of the game (only CDs, collections, mixed, UC, Mac, etc.) which have several different install setups.

The closest you get is probably SimPE, but even it doesn't seem to pick up edits to CC, only certain types (recolor enabling with the CEP and that seems to be it), even when it's placed in the install location.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 7:06 PM
Good point. Sounds like manual tracking is the best bet for my own needs. I can add a reminder to check the program subfolders to my guide. Three pages of "look under the lamp post first, then move on to these posts for more help."