Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
#301 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freya5
Being an absolute fan of your toddler poses and mods, I'm curious to see your screenies! <3 There is still a little more than one day to go for the summer pics but I am not in a position to tell you yes or no, better wait for @gdayars to answer! I really hope they say yes!

Thanks! I never knew you were a big fan of my toddler poses, so now I know you'll love the picture I'm planning to upload, (if gdayars says I can still upload)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 8:25 PM
Default Sims 2 - Summer

TS 2 - Summer Entry:
"Baby" Liza playing with mom, aunt and cousins who don't appear as the focus is centered on the toddler herself.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#303 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 8:29 PM
I intended to redo this Summer picture for more than a week, but the one I did the most got the lowest scores so I decided lo let it be the way it is.
It was indeed the "strech skeleton" cheat on the Spring picture which was with value 1.3 much too big for a 3 year old.

Using poses is something I'm not so fine with but I found out how to get better pictures out of this game, so when I would post previous shots it's a huge difference! Next is to find out how to include the more beautiful shots in the game!

So thank you very much for the oppurtunity to learn more about this!
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
#304 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:42 PM
Game: The Sims 3
Season: Summer

In this picture, two toddlers are jumping into the pool, their mother is also jumping in too, but she's out of the shot (but you can see her splash she made in the corner), their dad is watching them and their sister is sitting by the side of the pool holding the littlest member of the family.

(Sorry for the bad lighting btw)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#305 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyWickedSims
I intended to redo this Summer picture for more than a week, but the one I did the most got the lowest scores so I decided lo let it be the way it is.
It was indeed the "strech skeleton" cheat on the Spring picture which was with value 1.3 much too big for a 3 year old.

I think your Spring picture was very cute
(but perhaps a little too heavy on Stretchskeleton - personally I try to avoid using it, but if I have to then 0.8 and 1.2 is usually the furthest I'll go with any of the ages, since anything larger or smaller looks stretched or squashed. I sometimes tend to pose the sim just before using the cheat, and not hit unpause after, because that can avoid some issues with limbs looking weird).
Top Secret Researcher
#306 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:35 AM
No Fun in the Sun

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#307 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:23 AM
@TheSweetToddler Lovely! I like the way the kids are jumping in with scared delight!

@attuned That's a little kiddo who has eaten sand! Or got sand in the eyes! Reminds me of my daughter who hated getting her feet sandy, and how we had to carry her all the way to the water and wash off her feet. Geez. I had totally forgotten about that until your picture! .D

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:08 PM Last edited by hannahsim201999 : 7th Nov 2018 at 1:14 AM.
I call this one... The sand castle titan
TS2
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#309 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 6:46 PM Last edited by rosy-daylight : 6th Nov 2018 at 6:59 PM.
summer entry ts3
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#310 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
@hannahsim201999 You forgot to say what game -TS2. Also fierce toddler! I am like okay kid, not going near your sandcastle.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#311 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 11:11 PM
@TheSweetToddler it is fine the only thing not posting for the others means, is that you can't win the overall one

Sorry I didn't get on last night you guys, but my family's crisis situation with one of the members peaked again. I was not having a fun evening :/ Dad gum contest curse anyway! by the time I got home last night I was so exhausted and emotionally drained I couldn't even bear the idea of doing much. I did check in on a couple things but wasn't up to posting. It never seems to fail, you get involved in a contest, and stuff happens!
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@TheSweetToddler it is fine the only thing not posting for the others means, is that you can't win the overall one

Sorry I didn't get on last night you guys, but my family's crisis situation with one of the members peaked again. I was not having a fun evening :/ Dad gum contest curse anyway! by the time I got home last night I was so exhausted and emotionally drained I couldn't even bear the idea of doing much. I did check in on a couple things but wasn't up to posting. It never seems to fail, you get involved in a contest, and stuff happens!

Real life can't be put on hold! I send you my best, hope the crisis you're dealing with finds a good solution one of these days.

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Mad Poster
#313 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:58 PM
Any updates on the judging?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:18 AM Last edited by gdayars : 10th Nov 2018 at 1:10 AM.
I am finally back for now. I had to go off site largely last few days due to the family crisis that is ongoing. (it is a suicide watch thing ) so I am going to do as much as I can tonight, as today has been relatively peaceful. I am so sorry guys but I never dreamed when I started the contest that all of this was going to erupt. (and no I wasn't going in staff chat either, so trust me when I say things are serious when I go away that long.) I will update after I get it all together.

Editing to add, I have added all the links, and that the sheets have all been sent off to the judges I don't know if I remembered to post it here, but I did add it to the board last time, that Simmer22 won the Spring Round, so she got the king icon

Congratulations btw!

The pictures all look adorable. I am sorry to say we seem to be missing a few people this round. Round is officially closed Summer winner and overall winner will be announced when the scores are in.
Space Pony
#315 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 1:41 AM
/offers hugs if wanted

pronouns: they/them
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 3:17 AM
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#317 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM Last edited by gdayars : 11th Nov 2018 at 5:32 PM.
Double posting to say, most of the judge's scores are in. I am hoping to have them up by my evening

Things seem to be quietening down on the personal front yay!

Editing to add, I am substituting for one of the judges, as they aren't able to this time.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#318 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:54 PM
Default Summer Scores, Summer Winner, and Final Winner announced!
Triple Post! but here are the scores

The SUMMER WINNER IS FREYA

And... the FINAL WINNER is Simmer22!

Screenshots
Test Subject
#319 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:18 PM
Congratulations everyone!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#320 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:19 PM
Well done, everyone! :D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#321 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 8:44 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Nov 2018 at 10:03 PM.
Thank you to the judges - and well done, everyone!

(Comment about the bottle - it's actually inspired by a real-life picture, which had another umbrella instead of a straw - and quite frankly I have no idea how it would work in practice, but I thought it was so funny and cute I just had to make one )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#322 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:25 PM
Congratulations, that bottle was the star. :D

Thanks gdayars and judges.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#323 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for hosting gdayars!
Thanks to all the judges!

Congrats and thanks to my fellow contestants for the oodles of adorableness!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Space Pony
#324 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
Do we all get the contest participant achievement now? :o Great work everybody! And thanks to the host and judges for all your efforting for us

pronouns: they/them
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#325 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 2:12 AM
Unfortunately there is not a general contest participation sticker (that I am aware of) there are however ones for judging and hosting if you decide to do that.

I will be leaving this up for a few days but after that it will be closed and locked

Page 13 of 14