Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:18 PM
Default Censor pixels turned black?
Ever since the latest patch, my censor pixels have turned into a black box. Is this something that I've switched somewhere, or is this a Known Issue?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:29 PM
Do you mean the patch 1.55?

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:42 PM
Do you use any no-censor mods? If you do, did you update them?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:50 PM
Yep - Patch 1.55.

My only 3 packages are NRaas_Overwatch, which has been updated, nointro, and NoBuildSparkles.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:54 PM
I get the same and I don't have any mods installed.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:19 PM
I use the same mods Madrona along with Twallan's Descensor and haven't experienced that.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:41 PM
I wonder if it's a graphics card issue. I am using an AMD Radeon HD 7800. What about you, crocobaura?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:04 PM
The censor looked different for me this time around, before I put in a mod for it, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not. I have since put in a mod to get rid of it.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madrona
I wonder if it's a graphics card issue. I am using an AMD Radeon HD 7800. What about you, crocobaura?

Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Alchemist
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:10 PM
A lot of people are experiencing that with the new patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:11 PM
Thanks applefeather2. I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:15 PM
Is that all they broke with the patch? I'm yet to update, because I'm too lazy to update a million mods. :p

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Alchemist
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madrona
Thanks applefeather2. I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy.

LOL. I rather like it. I mean, if you are going to block something out, GO ALL THE WAY to crazy. Heh. (EA crazy, not you, Madrona!)
Alchemist
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Is that all they broke with the patch? I'm yet to update, because I'm too lazy to update a million mods. :p

Depends who you listen to, but it seems not too bad on the whole, according to Crinrict. A lot of problems are occurring because people haven't removed old mods. Too many posts say they have, then, "Oops, no I forgot to remove that li'l old mod over here." Happens every time.
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:16 PM
Yup, I have this too. Really regretted having the sims woohoo in the hot tub. Time to put back decensor
Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:26 AM
TBH, breaking a censor is very minor, so maybe it's a well done to EA for this patch?
I'm excited for when I finally do patch, there's some really great content with this one, but I'm just soooo lazy when it comes to updating mods. Maybe I'll do it slowly throughout the week? I can't play on weekdays because of my loading times (old laptop, big game), so maybe that's a plan.

Do you think they did break the censor, or did they think it was an amazing idea and did it on purpose?

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Field Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
TBH, breaking a censor is very minor, so maybe it's a well done to EA for this patch?
I'm excited for when I finally do patch, there's some really great content with this one, but I'm just soooo lazy when it comes to updating mods. Maybe I'll do it slowly throughout the week? I can't play on weekdays because of my loading times (old laptop, big game), so maybe that's a plan.

Do you think they did break the censor, or did they think it was an amazing idea and did it on purpose?

Wouldn't have been the first time...
#18 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 10:22 PM
I merely assumed that whatever *now* lies behind those black pixels is too hideous to behold ....

*evil cackle*
Inventor
#19 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 9:35 PM
Any updates about this issue? I noticed it when Sims were undressed in the hot tub, but I'm not familiar with which TS3 mods are notorious culprits. I got the collection pack "off shore", but how can I check which patch I currently run?
Screenshots