Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
They can also die by having the satelite fall on them. Happened to one of my Sim children a while back. Was also the first time that it happened to one of my Sims ever.

Ended up resurrecting her because of the child ghost problems. Nice to know there's fixes for that. Yay, child ghosts.

I wouldn't have minded that. Though I have yet to have Sim die by electrocution and I wonder in what situation Sim children would even be in that danger....where they able to repair objects at some point in development? Or was there some other way of getting electrocuted at one point? (no I'm not talking about lightning strikes)

=========
...I didn't know satellites could fall on/kill kids! And since you can't "smite' (bat box) a child with lightning, didn't think that could happen either.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 5:43 PM
@Rosawyn I'm not sure if you're able to pick up graves/urns in hotel lots without using cheats. This happened on a vacation home lot so I had access to buy/build and inventory to bring the grave to the home neighborhood.
Theorist
#28 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=========
...I didn't know satellites could fall on/kill kids! And since you can't "smite' (bat box) a child with lightning, didn't think that could happen either.

I hadn't known it either. I sent a little Sim girl out to watch stars so she wouldn't go to bed before her mother finished making dinner. I focused on the mother, but it was a small lot, so I still saw the girl on the edge of my computer screen. Suddenly the girl points up at the sky and says something, and next thing I know a satellite crashes down on her and she's dead.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Maybe child gets shocked too if stands in puddle and someone else fails repairing.

That be too specific/situational, though that's a possible reason why it would be get rid off. Though from the looks of the image, I presume the child (or any Sim for that matter) would get electrocuted if they stand on the puddle where the stereo is put on and playing or turned on at that notice. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is already in the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 2:56 PM
The cemetery in Emerald Heights comes with a child's grave, death by satellite. Her ghost does appear rather regularly. She weeps, she floats around her grave for a few minutes, and then dives back into her grave.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 1:22 AM
very interesting! i love finding leftover/unused content in the sims. do you know if The Cuttingroom Floor has the sims on their site?

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:10 AM
It makes me think that maybe having water on the same tile as something electronic would cause the electrocution and that's how children were to die from it. Because we look at that image and the child is stepping on the water.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 12:05 AM
I had this with my first family, playing an unpatched Double Deluxe. Things were going badly at Chez Cabot, so of course I made my first born Sim Jennifer try to fix a broken dishwasher. I was shocked by the result.

yeah, I reloaded.

Jennifer grew up to have 4 kids with a bigamist. She was kinda happy, I think.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 10:55 PM
Hello everyone!

There is also a hidden possibility of death of children from illness, drowning and fire:
https://l-1-z-a.tumblr.com/post/188...starve-to-death

And what the ghosts of the children look like:
https://l-1-z-a.tumblr.com/post/188...do-exist-in-the

The Sims 2 Beta Library
Russian Betahunters forum thread "The Sims 2 Development History" - without them, many secrets of the Sims 2 would not have been discovered and investigated.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Maybe child gets shocked too if stands in puddle and someone else fails repairing.

It seems I was right.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 6:19 PM
Hello everyone.

@Annaminna, yes. Here is video of this case: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0221570/lol.mp4. This video from one of The Sims 2 Beta Discord Servers.

The Sims 2 Beta Library
Russian Betahunters forum thread "The Sims 2 Development History" - without them, many secrets of the Sims 2 would not have been discovered and investigated.
Page 2 of 2