Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 1:20 AM
Default Part of leg’s mesh sticks out whenever Sim walks
So i just converted a dress from The Sims 4 to The Sims 2. Everything’s fine, but for some reason part of the left leg’s mesh sticks out whenever a sim walks in-game… that doesn’t happen to the other leg, so i wonder what’s causing this. Could the issue be fixed If i just delete the hidden skin part of the shoes in milkshape?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by It’s Cassney, simtch
So i just converted a dress from The Sims 4 to The Sims 2. Everything’s fine, but for some reason part of the left leg’s mesh sticks out whenever a sim walks in-game… that doesn’t happen to the other leg, so i wonder what’s causing this. Could the issue be fixed If i just delete the hidden skin part of the shoes in milkshape?

If anybody needs it, here’s the link to the mesh, recolor file and GMDC i used for the dress! https://mega.nz/file/iqwk0BLb#mnMSx...j4CLRqamdsThx8Y
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 1:55 AM
You can remove the skin parts above the boots. The dress is closed off before it reaches that part (so technically shouldn't be visible anyway), so if it's causing issues ingame, best just to get rid of it.

The bone assignments seem a little off, though - turn on the "Draw vertices with bone colors" in the Joints tab. You'll want to do set the green parts in the pink area of the right boot to "r_calf" and 100% (you can mark and "copy" from a vertex you see has this setting, then mark the vertices you want to copy them to, and do "assign". Should just be the top of the boots after you've deleted the skin parts.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can remove the skin parts above the boots. The dress is closed off before it reaches that part (so technically shouldn't be visible anyway), so if it's causing issues ingame, best just to get rid of it.

The bone assignments seem a little off, though - turn on the "Draw vertices with bone colors" in the Joints tab. You'll want to do set the green parts in the pink area of the right boot to "r_calf" and 100% (you can mark and "copy" from a vertex you see has this setting, then mark the vertices you want to copy them to, and do "assign". Should just be the top of the boots after you've deleted the skin parts.

Sorry for not replying again lol The issue was fixed!