Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#201 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
More freckles, piercings and just general detail of the sims. Moles and stuff But I got a feeling that things like these wont be coming in the near future.

Make-up per outfit is a great idea.

This is so not interesting to me. I don't even like freckles, moles or 'beauty' aka ugly marks. Why would I want more ugly in game?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#202 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:51 AM
Each to their own.

I like making diverse towns with all kinds of people. Ugly, poor, akward.. not just pretty rich model looking sims

Besides freckles is nice on people and it's things like that that makes people (and sims) unique.

I got a beauty spot 'aka ugly mark' under my eye, you saying that's ugly? Thanks.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#203 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:30 AM
What EA should do is make a more urban expansion pack. Basically, combine Nightlife and Apartment Life together (they go hand in hand with each other). Chuck in spiral stairs and bunk beds and they're onto a winner.

Assuming it isn't full of game killing glitches.
#204 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:11 AM Last edited by sharkloverplayer : 19th Jul 2010 at 3:28 AM.
More ideas for cas. Braces and fingernail polish. Freckles you can apply to the chest.

Oh and they need to bring back the plastic surgery machine so we can change our sims appearence especially babies that turn out to be ugly young adults.
Theorist
#205 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:42 AM
If TS allows ghosts, vampires, gypsies, and werewolves then why can't they have a Ouija board and other spirit toys / group activities?
Forum Resident
#206 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
If TS allows ghosts, vampires, gypsies, and werewolves then why can't they have a Ouija board and other spirit toys / group activities?

They seem to have died once The Sims 2 came out. The Sims 1 had a crystal ball, chemistry station that one potion could create a clone of you and another that made you a zombie like creature for a bit, and then there was the whole of Makin' Magic.

Shame it is so hard to play The Sims 1 after being so used to The Sims 2 and 3, The Sims 1 is where the charm is.
Field Researcher
#207 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:10 AM
Like I said on another thread,expect a car,an interaction and a new outfit. Then when EA comes out with an EP that has a car,2 interactions and 1 and a half outfits, it'll feel like they did better than what you expected.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Ani - Global problem means it is a problem across the globe.

Darling I know what a global problem is, but you gave your own town as an example, which is why I did not address the whole world's problem.

Heck, I live in a city that alone has double the population of Finland, and where teen pregnancy is a big problem. That teen pregnancy is on the rise globally is a problem of serious consideration not only here in the US and in Great Britain (has the highest rate in Western Europe) but in other countries as well.

Quote:
Perhaps, you could give the Banana Talk at the UN and put an end to teen pregnancy world wide. Because as you stated --it's just that simple. Population size does have an affect on disseminating information. The size of a task alters the scope of the task. Try it for yourself. Go put a condom on 5 million bananas and record specifics of the task, then go put a condom on 309 million bananas and record specifics of the task. Once you're done let me know which task was more difficult and trying -- 5m or 309m. Good luck finding 314 milliom bananas in Finland.

The rest of your post is a bit buzzling. I can't seem to figure out are you mad people are getting sex ed or are you mad because people are not getting sex ed, or are you being mad just for the sake of being mad. I never said tackling the whole problem is simple. What is simple is giving the info. Just yesterday it was in the news that Washington is giving female condoms for free, because of the huge HIV problem. This is excellent and it's never too late to start educating people, but if the info would have been given when these women were still teens, it's very likely the problem they are facing now in that city, would have been smaller. I'm not saying the whole world would have been saved or that all of their problems would have been gone if they would have been educated when teens, but at least this one particular problem would have been smaller.

Everybody knows you don't tackle problems (global or local) by giving fancy speeches in the UN. Look at Haiti, six month after all the fancy speeches people are still living in rubble and have so far only gotten a fraction of the help promised to them. If you really want to make a difference, you do it by working in the root level.

It's obvious you care at least a bit about the subject, which makes me think either you missed the speech and got stuck with the consequences, or it has effected your life in some other way. Or I might have interpreted your passion about the issue wrong.

I'm not expecting an answer to this post. Specially because 1. I'm not really asking anything 2. it's way off topic, but if you decide to answer anyway. Then I hope your answer is not another teen rampage answer that has no point to it and/or makes little or no sense.
Scholar
#209 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Darling I know what a global problem is, but you gave your own town as an example, which is why I did not address the whole world's problem.

The rest of your post is a bit buzzling. I can't seem to figure out are you mad people are getting sex ed or are you mad because people are not getting sex ed, or are you being mad just for the sake of being mad. I never said tackling the whole problem is simple. What is simple is giving the info. Just yesterday it was in the news that Washington is giving female condoms for free, because of the huge HIV problem. This is excellent and it's never too late to start educating people, but if the info would have been given when these women were still teens, it's very likely the problem they are facing now in that city, would have been smaller. I'm not saying the whole world would have been saved or that all of their problems would have been gone if they would have been educated when teens, but at least this one particular problem would have been smaller.

Everybody knows you don't tackle problems (global or local) by giving fancy speeches in the UN. Look at Haiti, six month after all the fancy speeches people are still living in rubble and have so far only gotten a fraction of the help promised to them. If you really want to make a difference, you do it by working in the root level.

It's obvious you care at least a bit about the subject, which makes me think either you missed the speech and got stuck with the consequences, or it has effected your life in some other way. Or I might have interpreted your passion about the issue wrong.

I'm not expecting an answer to this post. Specially because 1. I'm not really asking anything 2. it's way off topic, but if you decide to answer anyway. Then I hope your answer is not another teen rampage answer that has no point to it and/or makes little or no sense.

Zzzzzzzzzz. Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense it just means you can't comprehend it.
And why are you writing me that long, tiresome, pointless message? Shouldn't you be out shopping for bananas?
Banned
#210 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:45 AM
To say that population size makes educating students harder is a bit ridiculous.

No matter how many students there are, each has at least one class a day. Each teacher gives information, and all the students instantly have it- whether the city population is 10 or 10 million. The world is not built in the weird, not-everybody-can-be-educated way you seem to think it is. If it was, schools wouldn't...work.
Scholar
#211 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
They seem to have died once The Sims 2 came out. The Sims 1 had a crystal ball, chemistry station that one potion could create a clone of you and another that made you a zombie like creature for a bit, and then there was the whole of Makin' Magic.

Shame it is so hard to play The Sims 1 after being so used to The Sims 2 and 3, The Sims 1 is where the charm is.

They even had charades in TS1! The Chemistry set was a favorite item of mine. I'm not as gaga as some about the open neighborhood and I don't mind loading screens (provided they don't take forever) afterall we have them in TS3 for WA. Ia m spoiled by the better graphics though. I still wish they would do an update of TS1 (improve graphics and technically updated for current OS). I would play it.
Alchemist
#212 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:24 AM
Zzzzzzzzzz. Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense it just means you can't comprehend it.
And why are you writing me that long, tiresome, pointless message? Shouldn't you be out shopping for bananas?

But Ani is much, much cooler than you and so wins the argument. Your point was hard for her to interpret perhaps because to interpret you is a little like distinguishing language in the groans and moans of a mentally ill patient. No offense to anyone of course. :lovestruc
Scholar
#213 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
But Ani is much, much cooler than you and so wins the argument. Your point was hard for her to interpret perhaps because to interpret you is a little like distinguishing language in the groans and moans of a mentally ill patient. No offense to anyone of course. :lovestruc

That was particularly ludicrous coming from someone who a few pages ago was crying for FBs for his Sims.
Forum Resident
#214 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:41 AM
I just find it amusing to see people arguing over whether the romantic interactions involved are going to corrupt young minds (and where sex is even euphemistically called "Woohoo"), in a game that openly encourages following a career as a criminal!

This criminal then goes around stealing people's property and making them unhappy for days... instead of being able to have casual "Woohoo" with them and max out their fun bar!

And to keep it on topic...it'll be vampires.... as that is the most lucrative financial and advertising outlet for EA at this time.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Alchemist
#215 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:39 AM
That was particularly ludicrous coming from someone who a few pages ago was crying for FBs for his Sims.

No. I don't see the connection.

I wouldn't mind seeing FB style relationships in the Sims, but I thought my presentation of the idea (Woohoo! A buddy!) was clearly in jest. If I was "crying for" anything it was just that it was hard to get my Sims to woohoo sometimes, even when they are both comfortable, in love, and have done sufficient flirting and tenderizing.

I was also kidding about your moans and groans, though at your expense, but more so because I like Ani and you were being mean to her!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#216 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:43 AM
Be nice, or don't post!

Be courteous, kind, and polite to other members. If you can't do this, don't post. Being insulting, snarky, rude, or insulting - even if you plaster your post with smiley faces - is not okay.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
No way I'd let her live forever. She has to die, if anything, for all the lecturing my Sims suffer in TS2.

Agnes Crumplebottom in TS3 isn't the same Mrs. Crumplebottom from TS2. She's the Miss Crumplebottom from TS1.
Top Secret Researcher
#218 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:25 PM
Spiral stairs and bunkbeds! How nice it would have been to get that

Atleast then I could make a proper childrens room. Maybe sometime in the future EA should just release a 'Building expansion' where there are new features like the spiral stairs and new sorts of furniture. Tools instead of having to use CFE so much and such.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
#219 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:57 PM
More ideas.

Kissing booths sims could make simions off of them and even kiss aquaintences. They could man them themselves or kiss someone who is in them. If you manned them yourself sim townies would pay you simions and kiss you. You could also have the option of asking a certain townie or cas sim your not playing to come up and kiss you.

The spin the bottle game from the sims 2 ps2 version. Up to 4 sims could play and there would be an ask to join interaction. Even aquaitnces would kiss. Also if the bottle pointed to a sim of the same sex they would have to kiss them like they did in the sims 2 ps2. Kisses would depend on relationship type pecks for aqaintences thru best friends and makeouts for lovers. This is the way the console version was. These were great for parties.

Kissing Contest to pull this off they would need to make a makeout that could be done until you cancel the interaction or the sims moods get too low.
Top Secret Researcher
#220 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:03 PM
Would be cool if there was a medicine expansion so that the sims could get ill, break bones, bruises and cuts etc. Only of course if they manage to make it so that it wasn't a nuisance to those who wish to not deal with it.

I'll stop being off-topic now and head over to the Expansion Ideas & Speculation thread

Mad Poster
#221 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
This is so not interesting to me. I don't even like freckles, moles or 'beauty' aka ugly marks. Why would I want more ugly in game?
Wow. Insulting much?

I don't really have any expectations for this EP yet as we have almost no information about it, but I hope it includes fun, non-rabbithole things to do outside the home. I like the open NH but my sims don't venture out much apart from for work because there isn't much to do.
Field Researcher
#222 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:24 PM
An After Dark pack sounds AWESOME!! Give us nightlife but I also really want Seasons.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:26 PM
OOPS and bring back memories!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#224 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
Agnes Crumplebottom in TS3 isn't the same Mrs. Crumplebottom from TS2. She's the Miss Crumplebottom from TS1.

Oh. Is it really so? *scratches head* I had thought that since the Goths and her are related, Mrs Crumplebottom in TS2 was actually Agnes.

In all honesty, I can't recall Miss Crumplebottom from TS1, despite having the game and all EPs. How come they have the same surname? Coincidence?
Scholar
#225 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Oh. Is it really so? *scratches head* I had thought that since the Goths and her are related, Mrs Crumplebottom in TS2 was actually Agnes.

In all honesty, I can't recall Miss Crumplebottom from TS1, despite having the game and all EPs. How come they have the same surname? Coincidence?

Mrs. Crumplebottom was in TS1. I saw her walking around downtown. I only remember her bothering kissing couples. She'd yell at them and hit them with her purse. Turns out she had a man sim body under her clothes. It was pretty funny.

Yeah, with the time going backwards in the game it gets confusing. I also though agnes might be TS2 crumplebottom.
Page 9 of 35