Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#176 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 12:10 AM
uhm, I had been using replace, it changes the name, but in terms of body meshes that has never mattered, it didn't break anything. I haven't gotten to edit anything for the last few weeks though, and likely won't for a while :S Exactly what kind of item are you working on.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#177 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 10:30 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 25th Aug 2007 at 11:59 AM.
I am trying to do the soapy water for a new shape bathtub. I saw someone advised to use this importer for it due to "morphs". Perhaps it doesn't matter about the name change in this case either? But it means when you try to "fix integrity" the replacement GMDC is not updated along with the other parts.

Later: Well since it's not something I am doing wrong that the resource was renamed I decided to simply try giving it back its old name manually after replacing, and that worked fine. I now have a fully functioning water layer

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#178 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 5:24 PM
Thank you for the followup Inge, and I'm glad it's a simple additional step to set everything right.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Alchemist
Original Poster
#179 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 3:54 AM
After a lot of fiddling a long time ago, I settled on a systematic way of naming the GMDC (as opposed to retaining the group names).

From extract in SimPE the name is usually something made from the TGI converted to hex characters, and MilkShape (in the older versions where the first plugins were developed) had no place for me to save the original GMDC name.

What I did was that, if you named your saved export file as IngeJones.5gd the GMDC inside is named IngeJones_tslocator_gmdc. This allowed me to maintain different versioning as I developed things. As you discovered, changing the GMDC name back in SimPE is simple, but selecting the right export file name (afBodyNaked.5gd for afBodyNaked_tslocator_gmdc) would even make that step unnecessary.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#180 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 11:28 PM
soooooo helpful!!!! Even though, I'm new here this seems so easy! Thx wes!!!!

All for the lolz. =)
Test Subject
#181 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 11:35 PM
Oh, yheah and thx for tellin' me the name of the prog. used!

All for the lolz. =)
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 4:42 PM
Thnx Wes. Once I register I'll use them.

hope

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#183 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 2:35 AM
Thank you for this

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#184 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:35 PM
Help
Wes, dude, I've been trying to download the Unimesh plug-in, but every time I do, a box appears saying 'The compressed (zipped) folder is invaled or corrupt'
I've just downloaded Milkshape so I need this Plug-in. Help? Anyone?

MadMike
Alchemist
Original Poster
#185 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 7:35 PM
I think the latest version of MilkShape includes the V4.09 plugins already.

I downloaded the entire package just now and it is fine. The problem is related to your download, or is an MTS2 problem, perhaps related to system load. If you continue to have problems, report them on the system problems forums.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#186 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:36 PM
The UniMeshManual.zip is corrupted in the second post, does anyone know of another place I can download it?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#187 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 2:14 AM
I checked this, too. The file is fine (and has been that way for a long time for a lot of downloaders).

Perhaps there is a system problem for some downloads. At any rate, you need to report this in system problems, not here.

<* Wes *>

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#188 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 8:39 AM
MadMike, Lym - I am not sure why you're having an issue getting a complete download, but perhaps you want to check this as a possible solution: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Accelerator_FAQ

Alchemist
Original Poster
#189 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 10:28 PM
For any interested, MilkShape has been updated to 1.8.2. This should be available free for all registered users at the chUmbaLum site: http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/index.html

A list of new features and fixes can be found at the above link.

I did some quick testing and it appears to work with UniMesh. The V4.09 plugins were shipped with and will be installed if you select that options.

I would recommend that you install every new version in a new directory (following the installer defaults) and retain your shortcuts to the old program until you are sure everything works as planned (version 1.8.1 did have to have fixes made to it twice).

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#190 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 9:11 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 7th Nov 2007 at 12:05 AM.
Well, the good thing is you guys are creating great content!
Keep Working hard and their isn't a limit to what you can make.
Test Subject
#191 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 1:53 AM
hey I cant seem to download the Plugins at the front page.
Jessica
xx
Test Subject
#192 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 12:21 PM
hello this may be a very stupid question but where do i put the msS2MImp.dll file? the unimesh importer. I have never tried to make a mesh before neither i know anything about it, im just getting ready installing the programs necessery to follow the tutorial on mts2, so sorry if i may be asking something too evident but right know im starting from 0.
thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#193 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:47 PM
All the plugins, including the "msS2MImp.dll" file, must be put in the very same folder where resides the main Milkshape executable, i.e. "ms3d.exe" (usually C:\Program Files\Milkshape3D)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#194 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 1:17 AM
From the UniMeshReadMe.txt file included in the download package:
Quote:
INSTALLATION:
Unzip and install the sixteen DLL components into the same directory that MilkShape is installed into. Normally, this is "C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.7.7\" (or other newer version).

Alchemist
Original Poster
#195 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 5:30 PM
For anyone interested, Wintermuteai1 found an object gmdc that could not be imported. I have updated the importer to read any gmdc files that are constructed like this (no UV hunk, but boned). I suspect that there are very few, but I know there is at leat one made this way.

It is a seperate download item in post #1 of this thread.

<* Wes *>

Forum Resident
#196 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:00 AM
Thanks!!!!!!
THANKS! I'me going to start using these right away!

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Test Subject
#197 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 11:16 PM Last edited by redima269 : 12th Dec 2007 at 11:23 PM.
Default Can't Download Plugin
I have tried everything but I cannot download the UniMeshPlugin! I keep getting an error saying that the file is corrupt! I was able to download the importer .dll but not the main zip file that has all the other plugins, that are needed. Please someone help, Thank you
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#198 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 5:33 AM
redima269 - you are probably having issues with your download settings or a download accelerator (which the mts2 servers are not very friendly towards) See if this article helps: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ewpost&t=241607

Scholar
#199 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Nouk : 18th Dec 2007 at 10:09 PM.
Hi Wes_H,

I've been having some issues after replacing the V4.09 A versions to the V4.09 A3 versions... the skeletons get damaged on either import or export. Is there anyway I can get the older version again and see if it's really V4.09A3 causing the problem, and not something else?

Greetz from Nouk

EDIT:

I have tested with the ones provided with milkshape, and the same issues are there. So it's not the Unimesh plugins.

EDIT 2:

I swopped out the SimPE version I was using with the version in the QA forum, and the problem disappeared.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 3:23 AM Last edited by mixdcrysy : 28th Dec 2007 at 3:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Wes, Sorry to bother you, I had a little problem with importing GMDC's. I recently upgraded milkshape to 1.8.2 and I had to redownload your plugins. I downloaded the regular file and the msS2MImpV409A3.zip. With this version, I cannot import any of my 'custom' made gmdc, only maxis ones. Milkshape crashed and I get asked to send an error report. I tried importing the last 10 gmdc's I made just to see if it was the gmdc I was using initially was corupted, but I get the same result. I uninstalled, restarted my pc, and then reinstalled milkshape but I still get the same results. The only time I didnt get the same milskhape crash was when i imported a shoe mesh I have been working on, it doesnt have any groups besided body.
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
For anyone interested, Wintermuteai1 found an object gmdc that could not be imported. I have updated the importer to read any gmdc files that are constructed like this (no UV hunk, but boned). I suspect that there are very few, but I know there is at leat one made this way.
It is a seperate download item in post #1 of this thread.

Are we not supposed to use that plugin? I did overwrite one dll from the other file UniMeshPlugins.zip. I do see your post regarding the extra file, but I am just a little confused.

Checkout my Creations, Project Previews, & Please read My Policy , thank you in advance. Do you have a mesh request?
Page 8 of 14