Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 11:52 PM
Default UniMeshPlugins
please tell me where can i get the UniMeshPlugins to download??? i can`t find this! plsss tell me ... or give it to me the kit,to msn or yahoo messenger ... and sorry for my english ... but i don`t know so well ... and i`m trying to getting on .... i wait for an answer
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#202 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:28 AM
Look in the first message message of this thread. That's where the download button is.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#203 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:38 AM Last edited by wes_h : 30th Dec 2007 at 1:54 AM.
mixdcrysy:

I found a file that crashes on the V409A3 importer, as you described. Thanks for the report, sorry I didn't spot it sooner.

I have "rolled back" the release to the V4.09A version. That is the smaller zip file posted there. You need only download and extract that one into your MilkShape directory and you should be back in business. Sorry for teh problem, I will try to sort it out later.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#204 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 7:59 AM
Default thank you
thank you wes ... i tried much to download from this page .... but i swear it dosen`t work ... i don`t know way ... anyway thank you afresh
Test Subject
#205 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:42 PM Last edited by honeycristal : 30th Dec 2007 at 1:48 PM.
ok ... i tried to make the new mesh and .... he dosen`t work ... i don`t know why ... let me show you ... this is step 1 ... i given import and arisen this and then i press ok button and he show me this and then i press ok and the final appear this so what can i do??? why is appearing this??? those blue lines ... and if i press no button,he show me the same thing! please help ... thank you
!!!

honey
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
mixdcrysy:

I found a file that crashes on the V409A3 importer, as you described. Thanks for the report, sorry I didn't spot it sooner.

I have "rolled back" the release to the V4.09A version. That is the smaller zip file posted there. You need only download and extract that one into your MilkShape directory and you should be back in business. Sorry for teh problem, I will try to sort it out later.

<* Wes *>

Thanks, I re-downloaded and replaced and all is well No problems now, well except with what I did in milskhape

honeycristal: This is covered in Tiggerpums Tutorial here (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142305)

His tutorial is excellent, it explaines everything. You are looking for part V (Part V – Editing Your Mesh (finally!) )to adjust milkshape settings. I hope this help

Checkout my Creations, Project Previews, & Please read My Policy , thank you in advance. Do you have a mesh request?
Test Subject
#207 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:04 AM Last edited by SupaShweet : 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:00 PM.
Default download problems
hey wes sorry to bug you, when i press download it downloads really fast, instantly fast and then when i go to open it i get a WinZIP error :
Quote:
! C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\MTS2_wes_h_286496_UniMeshPlugins.zip: Unexpected end of archive
how to fix?
(EDIT: I got it to work just had to close all ie windows and try it in firefox sorry for mixup should have been using firefox any way )
Inventor
#208 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:31 AM
Hello,
I cannot open the Unimesh Manual at all . How do I open it help thanks

:::OpenHouse For Sims:::
[ click here to go there ]
::check out my site for updates and freebies::
Alchemist
Original Poster
#209 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:24 AM
It's a Microsoft Word document.

Inventor
#210 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 8:01 AM
It's a Microsoft Word document.

what is this for.I'm new with this

Alchemist
Original Poster
#211 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 6:24 PM
Hey, there's this really cool site I found. It has an odd name, Google, but you can look up lots of things on it. I typed in "Microsoft Word Document" and it found:
Quote:
Results 1 - 20 of about 6,220,000 for Microsoft Word Document

Even more amazing, the first item it listed was

Maybe reading that would help.

<* Wes *>

Inventor
#212 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:06 AM
Hey, there's this really cool site I found. It has an odd name, Google, but you can look up lots of things on it. I typed in "Microsoft Word Document" and it found:

Even more amazing, the first item it listed was

Maybe reading that would help.

<* Wes *>

Thanks, My Microsoft office was created for win95.I install it but it did not work. Hopefully this word viewer will let me open and read you Manual.

appreciate it

Inventor
#213 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:16 AM
the word viewer works, thanks very much. Now I hope I can learn how to mesh. I tried last night. mesh up using Milkshape

Alchemist
Original Poster
#214 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:42 AM
While there are a lot of details about the way the plugins work in that file, unless you already knew a lot about making meshes before, you would be better off starting with TiggeryPum's excellent UniMesh tutorials, starting with number 1.

They take you step-by-step through making some meshing changes. After you successfully complete those projects, you should know enough to start your own new project without stumbling over each new term and trying to find the right button.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#215 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 11:00 PM
Hi wes, I am sorry to bother you agian. I am having a huge problem exporting my meshes. On export, it removes all the fat & preg morphs.... its really wierd. I am making my morphs the same as always... I select the body and do a duplicate selection. The only thing differnet now is that I am using a newer version of milkshape (1.8.2). Could it be the plugins? I have never had a problem before.

Checkout my Creations, Project Previews, & Please read My Policy , thank you in advance. Do you have a mesh request?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#216 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:17 AM
I replied to your post on the MilkShape site. I did a test with 1.8.2 here and it worked fine.

Please post the .MS3D (MilkShape's Save) file (attach it here) so I can look at it.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#217 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:55 AM
Hi, sorry for being such a pain I thought it could be the milkshape program...Thats why I kept untinstalling and reinstalling milkshape. Honestly, it was fine until I went to 1.8.2. Here is the 3msd.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  REDORIO611pm.rar (117.0 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content

Alchemist
Original Poster
#218 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 3:57 AM
Here is a set of comments imported from the afBodyNaked mesh (which I used to test earlier):

ModelName: body
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3
MorphRefNum: 0

Look at the last item, MorphRefNum: and note the last thing on the line is a number. That number should match the first digits in the ~00MORPHMOD.x group name. The MORPHMOD always uses double digits for programming purposes, but looking in your mesh I see a ~02MORPHMOD and a ~03MORPHMOD, so one group (whoever is the base for that morph, the one you said you duplicated) should have a MorphRefNum: 2 and a second needs a MORPHREFNUM: 3 in it.

That comment is needed by the exporter to tell it to look for the morph group(s) and prepare real morphs from them. Without that comment, the morph is not getting placed in the output file.

<* Wes *>

p.s. nice modelling work.

Lab Assistant
#219 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 3:24 PM
Oh, I feel so silly now...I have redone this mesh many times over and did not check comments. I am sure I will have a laugh at myself later, once take my foot out of my behind. Thank you very much, words cant describe how grateful I am. :D

Test Subject
#220 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Chopperchic : 30th Jan 2008 at 6:13 AM.
I just finished reading the entire thread. I just downloaded and installed current version of Milkshape Yesterday and it included your plug in V4.09. I am a little confused if I should install your plug in on page one of this thread or the current version of Milkshape is running the version I need to get started.

Wonderful work on this plugin and the manual thank you.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#221 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 11:19 PM
You need only install the interim importer update (V4.09A) on the first page. The ones that shipped with MilkShape are the same set (Mete downloads them from here, with permission, of course).

The interim importer update was small. If you went ahead and installed everything, that will harm nothing. You should be ready to get started. There are several tutorials Tiggerypum wrote, if you have questions the best place to ask them is in the tutorial thread. General questions about how to use the plugins, and other needs can be asked right here. I try to watch this forum carefully.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#222 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 6:12 AM
Thanks for the info the quick response and keeping the tools updated. I thought it was a good question for someone that may be just starting out.

I plan on going through the tutorials Tiggerypum wrote many times learning about it. I saved the tutes in adobe just in case I may need them when this site updates.
Test Subject
#223 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 9:50 PM
Help?
I Am Trying To Download Unimesh . .
But When It Finish's The Download And Goes To Installation,
It Just Pops Up As A Read Me. . ??
Pleaseah Helpsss?
Test Subject
#224 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 10:07 PM
Am i supposed to extract the
UniMeshManual??
Test Subject
#225 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:51 AM
I can't download Unimesh! I don't get how to do it whenever I try to redownload it I always get a huge amount of random letters & stuff please help!!
Page 9 of 14