Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:01 PM
Default Do you guys ever get bored of Sims?
Like idk, do you ever feel like you've gotten bored of Sims ?

Sometimes, I like to lie around the house like a potato.
Advertisement
Bunned
#2 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:47 PM
I remember that once, a long time ago (before sims 3 time ago), I got bored of the sims 2. I took a break, and within a few months I was addicted again. This was before I used cc in my game, or else I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten bored. Plus I had a bad habit of creating the same basic family every time.

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:48 AM
I tend to get bored and stop playing for a few months at a time, usually because I got into replaying another game like Skyrim or Dragon Age, but I always come back.
I probably wouldn't play at all were it not for mods and CC.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:40 AM
I sometimes get really bored, I stop playing for weeks then I start again!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 5:28 PM
I always do something new, which renews my interest! Ive currently got this Gay Roman Male in starlight shores who fell in love with his slave! (don't judge)

Just Call me Square!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:33 PM
If you get bored, then just get more creative!!!! Add an interesting story to it, and go by that. It's what I usually do (and squaretable too ) Do something different than what you usually do. You are the creator and can control their lives. So make it fun
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:53 PM
Well said cat!

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:49 AM
I get bored for a few weeks, even months.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:46 AM
Before one month I was bored so I played Sims Medieval, then I got bored of it too so I came back to Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 7:51 AM
I don't exclusively play sims though, I play GTA iv, halo 4, sim city 3000 & 4, civilisation iv. Loads of variety, so I'm never bored, because I play lots of games.

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:35 AM
I also sometimes play Lord of the Rings: Battle for MiddleEarth 2 Rise of the Witch King, and Zoo Tycoon 2!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add the new SimCity to the list! :D
(Will put in PIC)

Just Call me Square!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 7:40 PM
I sometimes wish I was bored of the sims. Then I would probably be doing better in science.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 9:12 PM
Haha! True!

Just Call me Square!
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 12:19 AM
I always start insane projects with crazy personal goals right when I feel like I'm about too get bored.
Usually I go into CAS and make a family with a "back-story" (eg. adopted child, aging man, rich cat lady who's raising her niece, nerd who woke up one day and realized she needs a life)
Usually after a basic idea of a single character the entire family floods into focus.
My sim bin is full of characters who i never finished the family/housemates of.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 9:50 AM
Haha lolol!

Just Call me Square!
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 4:43 AM
I had this old crappy PC laptop a few months ago that had all my sims stuff on it. A handyman doing work on my room stepped on it and my internal screen cracked and the laptop was no longer usable... it just wasn't worth it to get an external monitor. I was computer-less for a month or two until I got a mac computer that I'm using right now. I've had this thing since november and I'm JUST NOW installing the sims 3 and all the expansion packs I had before and the ones that came out while I was not playing it, (seasons and university), aaaaand yeah they're all currently installing on my computer and its literally taking forever omg. I had to buy late night, ambitions, and the base game AGAIN because I bought ambitions and base on amazon and I only bought the windows versions... -_-. and as for late night i dont even know where it is... not on amazon or origin... well. i re-bought all my stuff and put it all on origin and i'm currently downloading EVERYTHING UGHHH SAVE ME.

so to answer the question... yeah while i was taking a sims break i guess i didnt really feel the urge to play it so i guess you could say i got bored of it. I'm getting everything back though because a few days ago nostalgia of the sims hit me hard so i got everything set up to play it again, as i had planned to do in the first place but just never got a chance to, probably because I WAS bored of it...

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Bunned
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 8:11 PM
I've noticed that I don't actually play the sims much anymore, just make machinimas, stories, and cc. I need to make a new family ASAP!

Here's my nifty blog- Stories Drive Us
The power of imagination makes us infinite. ~ John Muir
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
I always do something new, which renews my interest! Ive currently got this Gay Roman Male in starlight shores who fell in love with his slave! (don't judge)

Actually seems quite interesting haha. I always try making a story but eventually I get too lazy and never quite finish it.

Sometimes, I like to lie around the house like a potato.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 9:13 AM
Maybe I could make a YouTube series... That might be interesting...

Just Call me Square!
Scholar
#21 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:12 PM
Sims 4 might be interesting!?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th May 2013 at 7:31 AM
Yaas! But I hope they take the beat features of all 3 games rather than putting new interesting ideas they did for ts3, quite a few of which I find I never use, however the stuff they missed just make the game feel bland...

Ad I hope they have proper supermarkets and restaurants in base game, like TS2 (supermarkets) and Hot Date, Nightlife and open for business (restaurants)
On the matter of OfB, I loved that, I hope they do that again!

Just Call me Square!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:53 AM
I get bored of it playing up at times but playing the game no.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#24 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 8:31 AM
I'm bored of the Sims right now, and Island Paradise is boring...
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:10 AM
It is? :OOOO

Just Call me Square!

Page 1 of 2