Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#76 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 3:14 PM
Interesting! I tried reclassifying my test top as lipstick and still get the same artifacts, so whatever the bug is it seems to affect makeup too. I wonder if it doesn't show up because makeup tends not to have large areas of the same color. It's tempting to convert textures to LRLE with all copy and no repeats, but that would make for big texture files.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Hiya! thepancake1 here. Yep, recoloring is restricted purely to LRLEs. I strongly suspect this was due to compression artifacts, as they straight up look terrible on some shades without using a neural net for deartifacting.
Here is what I mean.
DDS recolored

Denoised DDS recolored

@simmythesim what neural net is this? Was this run on your released Color Sliders packages already? Have you considered making an HQ version of the Color Sliders packages? I was going to run cmar's HQ Converter on your textures but discovered it doesn't support LRLE yet. So, right now people have to choose between the HQ pack or your LRLE pack.

It would be nice if your upcoming Color Sliders converter had an option for HQ compatibility, if not also AI de-artifacting and upsampling.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th May 2021 at 5:36 PM
Was straightening up and found these sheets of hex printouts with my scribbled notes. Thought it would be amusing to show my work.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Page 4 of 4