Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#2576 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
When you get so aggravated about job postings that don't state pay or schedule that you get envious of your Sims. (I really hate that "What would you expect to be paid?" question. No, you tell me what your value is for the job you're hiring for, and I'll decide whether that is enough for my time and travel expenses. Saves us both time...and no, "40 hours per week" is not very useful if those hours turn out to be on a fixed schedule I can't keep, so you'd have also saved us both time by putting the schedule in the ad!)

Ohhhh my god, I HATE that question. I've been applying to jobs and it's on every single application. How am I supposed to know what you're willing to pay me? Like, if you ask for too little that might be what you get, but if you ask for too much they'll toss out your application.
I'm definitely jealous of how quick sims can get a job. Just pick up the paper and have one instantly! No sending in applications everywhere for months and never getting any responses as your checking account grows smaller and smaller...
And they always have free transportation there too, that is able to take ten minutes to get to work (if you wait til the last moment the carpool is available) and after work brings you home instantly. Wish I'd had that with my last job--it took twenty-five minutes to be driven there, and an hour to an hour and a half to get home on the bus.
You've been playing sims too much when you seriously consider moving to your sims hood for the better economy there.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Instructor
#2577 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 3:31 AM
There are TBH too many jobs in game have night or weekend hours for even high end jobs. Normally that is for shit jobs.
Mad Poster
#2578 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 2:49 AM
A few weeks ago I was listening to a BBC radio programme about the history of delusion. One unfortunate man thought that lots of his neighbours were being abducted by aliens. He also believed that the Grim Reaper was walking about the neighbourhood calling people and taking them off to their long home.

I couldn't help thinking he'd maybe been playing The Sims a little bit too much.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#2579 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 2:40 PM
When the dishwasher in your kitchen is open right in front of a chair, blocking the way, and you'd just like to start screaming instead of going around the table and exit the room like a normal human being.
Mad Poster
#2580 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
A few weeks ago I was listening to a BBC radio programme about the history of delusion. One unfortunate man thought that lots of his neighbours were being abducted by aliens. He also believed that the Grim Reaper was walking about the neighbourhood calling people and taking them off to their long home.

I couldn't help thinking he'd maybe been playing The Sims a little bit too much.

Or MAYBE, you are a sim, yourself, and have just never noticed it. Quick, look around for Andrew!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#2581 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:53 PM
When type pre made sims surnames seeing on grave memorial website if they show up. I was surprised to see that Grunt,Subject and Broke showed up.
Theorist
#2582 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 11:47 PM
You and your husband are chatting and deciding on weekend plans, and something that is said during the conversation makes you go 'Hmm, I'll have to build that type of venue for my game. It would be the perfect place for a first date, or to get engaged.'

... and then you realize you've said it out loud and not just thought it.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#2583 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 4:40 PM
Only yesterday (while removing the shower screen and installing a curtain) I was thinking how that if I were a sim, I would've been either having sponge baths for the last six months or throwing a "route fail" tantrum because I couldn't access the shower!

For the record, the screen wasn't fixed properly, so I was unable to move it the right way to get in and out safely. I discovered the actual problem upon removing it - the top bracket wasn't holding securely so the front corner had fallen forward (only by a few mm, but it was enough) and the lower corner was getting caught on the bath edge.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#2584 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 8:16 PM
When your kitchen gets flooded by accident and you wish you could just force error on the puddles.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#2585 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 1:21 AM
When you listen to a song and you start to think how the lyrics in Simlish would be.
Mad Poster
#2586 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 5:43 PM
When you not been playing enough TS2 to realize, speed 4 doesn't exist as out of habit you press the corresponding shortcut key.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#2587 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 7:37 PM
When you play sims 2 and making skintones, making and/or altering outfits, recoloring hair, making unique sims, Build crazy futuristic building lots, and creating crazy neighborhoods with SC4, creating new CC with bodyshop and GIMP. I can't do any of that stuff with sims 4 but with sims 2, the sky's the limit. I played sims 2 for so long that all that stuff I do becomes a hobby.
Scholar
#2588 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 12:13 AM
I been playing too much when I have Sims 2 loading, on here looking for moar mods and listening to a youtuber play the Sims. Time to spend hours creating sims rather than anything moderately unrelated.
Scholar
#2589 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 7:35 PM
You've been playing too much TS2 when you decide you must figure out some sort of formula to make sure inheritance is divided into equal shares.

Because in those cases when the parents give their house to one of their children they may need a mortgage in order to give the same exact amount of cash to their other children.
But then the one inheriting the house inherits the mortgage as well, therefore those equal shares are not so obvious.
And you go ahead and calculate it.

Yeah, you've been playing too much TS2 when you care about such teeny-weeny details.
Mad Poster
#2590 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 2:39 AM
I've recently decided to combine my three separate hoods with vastly different rules into one grand kingdom.

I regularly lie down, say my prayers, and then drift off to sleep coming up with new rules and regulations. I might be obsessed.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#2591 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 1:08 AM
I just noticed the time was 6p irl. I immediately thought oh I have to save! ... Oh wait this isn't sims lol

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Scholar
#2592 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 3:47 PM
It's time to play everyone's favorite Sims Player's Game Show... Why won't my game load? Here is our host Tuna F. Fish! Could it be too much CC or too many mods? Who knows? Let's take out some files from that bulging downloads folder and See! What! Happens! Alternate showings round the clock in Sims 3 and Sims 4 coming to a house near you!

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#2593 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 4:25 PM
Did you delete cache files? If the problem is not loading, that's almost always the solution.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#2594 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
It's time to play everyone's favorite Sims Player's Game Show... Why won't my game load? Here is our host Tuna F. Fish! Could it be too much CC or too many mods? Who knows? Let's take out some files from that bulging downloads folder and See! What! Happens! Alternate showings round the clock in Sims 3 and Sims 4 coming to a house near you!

Yeah what Peni Griffin said. I have never heard of a game not loading because of too many Neighbourhoods or CC. Faulty CC, but not too much, all that should get you is longer loading times.
I mean how many Neighbourhoods are we talking? 500?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#2595 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 5:35 AM
I'm new to TS2 so I didn't know that cache files were a thing in this game. In the past my TS3 game would refuse to load because of all the CC and scripting mods I threw at it so I thought that it would be the same. I deleted the cache files and it loaded up and then I spent the past 11 hours creating a new neighborhood. I'm finding building really frustrating in this game because I don't know the rules yet. Often if I can't figure something out I have to go down a mental checklist to figure out if the game just doesn't do that or if I don't know how yet. In TS3, you can place things on an angle and by the quarter tile by default so when I couldn't do that in TS2 I thought we just couldn't... Until I went into an EA house and saw things placed that way. Decorating is really hard when everything is centered in a box.

Forum Resident
#2596 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I'm new to TS2 so I didn't know that cache files were a thing in this game. In the past my TS3 game would refuse to load because of all the CC and scripting mods I threw at it so I thought that it would be the same. I deleted the cache files and it loaded up and then I spent the past 11 hours creating a new neighborhood. I'm finding building really frustrating in this game because I don't know the rules yet. Often if I can't figure something out I have to go down a mental checklist to figure out if the game just doesn't do that or if I don't know how yet. In TS3, you can place things on an angle and by the quarter tile by default so when I couldn't do that in TS2 I thought we just couldn't... Until I went into an EA house and saw things placed that way. Decorating is really hard when everything is centered in a box.

There are a couple of cheats which might help your decorating woes....
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true -- Use your , and . keys to rotate the objects. It allows you to put objects on angles
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (true, to make it normal again) -- This will allow you to freely place items outside the gridlines

But doing these things MAY make them unusable as our Sims aren't always smart enough to recognize that something isn't lined up normally so they give you the old "I can't do that" animation when trying to interact with the object.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#2597 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 1:07 PM
I like the snapobjectstogrid for landscaping and allowquartertile for inside. I build with my phone open to the list of building cheats in the wiki.

Lab Assistant
#2598 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 9:02 PM
When your theory about Cube is the characters are all sims in an advanced version of the game are were put in the cube for the player's amusement.
Mad Poster
#2599 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 18th Feb 2020 at 7:30 AM.
Today I discovered that my great-great-great grandmother was descended from this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_..._Earl_of_Tyrone and thru him we are also descended from Kenneth MacAlpin (the first king of the Scots), several high kings of Ireland, and quite possibly Niall of the Nine Hostages (apparently it's "murky," but the Ó Néill dynasty claim him as their ancestor). All of this just makes me itch to play thru multiple generations of TS2 families. I swear. That's where my mind went.
Link Ninja
#2600 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 6:40 AM
You wait patiently for your friend to plunge the toilet so you can use it and you can't help put to think his mechanical skills are going up.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 104 of 115