Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grow

by Consort Posted 7th Nov 2012 at 5:03 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2013 at 1:11 AM by Consort

363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 178 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 15
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 7:29 PM
I was looking at your directions under the .xml values for the configuration and found this:
Quote:
bool kTestingCheatsRequired
(basic) When set to false, all the mod's menus are hidden until you press Ctrl+Shift+C and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" in the game.

The way this is phrased is that by setting TestingCheatsRequired to false, you require TestingCheatsEnabled to be true. This is counter-intuitive, setting "required" to false should not make the item required. Is this a mistake in the directions or in the coding? Could you fix it so that the way is reads is the way it works?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#302 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamha
I was looking at your directions under the .xml values for the configuration and found this:

The way this is phrased is that by setting TestingCheatsRequired to false, you require TestingCheatsEnabled to be true. This is counter-intuitive, setting "required" to false should not make the item required. Is this a mistake in the directions or in the coding? Could you fix it so that the way is reads is the way it works?

I believe thats just an error in the documentation
It should work the way it's intuitive.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Alchemist
#303 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:24 PM
I cant see the grow menu.
I Cannot see the consort grow menu ): Help??
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#304 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I Cannot see the consort grow menu ): Help??

Did you type the cheat code to unlock the mod? (see mod description)

Test Subject
#305 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:14 PM Last edited by 2Yammy4U : 17th Feb 2014 at 1:32 PM.
I am a massive fan of this mod and I have not noticed any issues with it after a few weeks of game play. I have some issues in my game with ages of siblings being re-set to the beginning of their life stage following CAS editing so I have got the new Master Controller from NRAAS which should hopefully let me change the days until aging up. After a mess about (for science!) I will re-post of any issues between days until aging up change and grow (and age, can't believe I've only just found it! You are a genius ) mod.

Thankyou again for being so awesomely talented :D

Update - it is very resistant to extreme amounts of messing around with the ages whilst it is up and running, same for the age mod too. The only downside is that now with around 100 sims to update every night it gets a little laggy between 0100 and 0145, but that's it. Again, thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#306 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 4:58 PM
Gonna try this against patch level 1.67 just to see if it works. :)
THANKS POST
#307 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 11:36 PM
Thanks for the mod I hope it works.
Top Secret Researcher
#308 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 7:12 AM
Hi there. I was wondering if this mod does need to be updated, or if I've done something wrong. I'm on patch 1.63. I installed 0.6, with the Cmar tuning file. After typing consortgrow in the cheat menu, that's it. Nothing happens after that. I don't get the pop-up, and there is no menu when clicking on child sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#309 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Hi there. I was wondering if this mod does need to be updated, or if I've done something wrong. I'm on patch 1.63. I installed 0.6, with the Cmar tuning file. After typing consortgrow in the cheat menu, that's it. Nothing happens after that. I don't get the pop-up, and there is no menu when clicking on child sims.

The mod was tested with all versions 1.57-1.67, It does not require an update.
Not sure what could be wrong here. Double check your spelling of the cheatcode, perhaps try re-installing without the Cmar tuning to see if it works at all.
EDIT: Also: Let the game run for a game-minute or two before you enter the cheat code

Lab Assistant
#310 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 11:58 PM Last edited by theapoo : 15th Mar 2014 at 4:31 AM. Reason: update
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
The mod was tested with all versions 1.57-1.67, It does not require an update.
Not sure what could be wrong here. Double check your spelling of the cheatcode, perhaps try re-installing without the Cmar tuning to see if it works at all.
EDIT: Also: Let the game run for a game-minute or two before you enter the cheat code

I just wanted to say that I am having the same problem. I installed Cmar's height slider, the compatibility XML, and the latest version of the base mod. I have checked to make sure I am typing the cheat code in correctly. When I first load up the game I get "ERROR: no height slider found" and "XML hardcoded, no tuning file loaded" even thought I put the tuning file in my mods folder. Do I have to wait until 1 AM for my sims to start growing again with this height slider?

EDIT: The last time I loaded up the game I did not get either of the errors and when I typed consortgrow into the cheat console, I got the message "Mod already active." However, I still did not see a menu when I clicked on my child or teen sims. I waited to see if they would be updated but they never were. It doesn't seem like the mod, or maybe the slider, is working for me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#311 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:57 PM
@theapoo
Hm. The problem is that the game is not loading the tuning package or the mod is not picking it up correctly. It then falls back to hardcoded default values which make it look for bloom's height slider.
It should work with bloom's slider in hardcoded mode.

I don't have an explanation why the tuning.package is not working. Could you double check for duplicate versions of the file or anything that could be wrong with the file?

Lab Assistant
#312 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 2:17 AM Last edited by theapoo : 16th Mar 2014 at 3:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
@theapoo
Hm. The problem is that the game is not loading the tuning package or the mod is not picking it up correctly. It then falls back to hardcoded default values which make it look for bloom's height slider.
It should work with bloom's slider in hardcoded mode.

I don't have an explanation why the tuning.package is not working. Could you double check for duplicate versions of the file or anything that could be wrong with the file?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. In my mods folder I have:
ConsortModGrow.package
ConsortModGrowTuning.package
cmar_SimHeightSlider.package
ConsortModGrowBirthdayCake.package

No duplicates. I don't really know how to check for errors, but I opened some of the script errors that were in my TS3 folder in notepad and they didn't seem to be caused by this. I read on the description page that errors from this mod would have "consort" in the name but none of my script errors did.

I just deleted my cache files, maybe that will help. Then I deleted my save game folder and reverted to its backup. I'll also check to make sure I downloaded the right files.
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 9:14 PM
I fixed it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#314 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:38 PM
Fantastic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#315 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:47 PM
It works for pets ?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#316 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiotka
It works for pets ?

No. And no plans to make a mod for pets atm

Test Subject
#317 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:54 PM
hey good job. I just want to now if this work with toddler?? thanks
THANKS POST
#318 Old 24th May 2014 at 8:23 AM
Growing effect glitch is very important in the game. Good job!
Test Subject
#319 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 9:45 AM
I browsed the thread and didn't see this asked, sorry if I missed it.

You say "This mod keeps the original data about your child/teen... This data is stored in your savegame". Do you know if running Kuree's Save Cleaner (http://tinyurl.com/kcdhqg4) while the mod is active would break/corrupt anything? Thanks in advance, love the mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#320 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 7:36 PM
No problems with the save cleaner

Test Subject
#321 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 8:46 PM
Help me! i can't turn off the mod. It was great mod, but its making my game slower. i looked under uninstall mod and it doesn't give enough information. please help!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#322 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mademma123
Help me! i can't turn off the mod. It was great mod, but its making my game slower. i looked under uninstall mod and it doesn't give enough information. please help!

For each savegame you wish to continue playing in the future (and in which you have unlocked and activated the mod), click on a child or teen and select GrowMod, !CLEAN UP. Wait for a moment to make sure that the operation finishes, then save your game.

You are now safe to uninstall the .package files from your mod folder.

Protip: Just turning off the mod (!CLEAN UP) will put the mod in a passive state where it will not slow down your game. If you're not sure about which savegames you might want to clean up, you can keep the mod in this dormant state for a while (days, weeks) and actually remove the .packages later.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#323 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 10:30 PM
genius!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#324 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:13 AM
This is amazing! I've been waiting for something like this forever. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#325 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 5:46 AM
Is it possible to change the time that the mod updates? I'd rather have it at 5 am after all the clubs close. :D
Page 13 of 15