Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grow

by Consort Posted 7th Nov 2012 at 5:03 AM - Updated 20th Sep 2013 at 1:11 AM by Consort

363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 178 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 15
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#326 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:08 AM
I want this, but your description is scaring me. Anything else I should watch out for?
Test Subject
#327 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
Like mod, but wondering how to change tuning settings. It should have been enabled to need testingcheatsenabled on on default. For security reasons, after all.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#328 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:22 AM
wow, this is so cool! and it would awesome if one day you made something like this for pets because ive always wanted to watch my puppies and kittens slowly mature but it would probably be harder to make i don't know, but anyways, thanks for this mod!
Test Subject
#329 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:17 AM Last edited by jxrr33 : 13th Aug 2014 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Not Reading
This looks very cool! I will be getting this soon, along with the aging mod, but I have a question: If you change the lifespan settings, will this interfere? Sorry if you already answered this, it's just you have so many pages of comments!

EDIT: Wow, I'm sorry, should have read it before commenting.
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:18 PM
Hi Consort!

ScriptError attached which may be of interest to you. I've also included two NRaas ErrorTrap Correction Logs as well in the zip file as they mention 'ConsortCake' which I thought might be important. The game didn't crash at the time these errors were generated, in fact, it didn't crash at all yesterday and I'm on base game patch 1.67. Great mod btw, thanks! :-)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ScriptError_Sarah_Sims__08-12-2014__23-19-20__63EF688B.zip (7.4 KB, 32 downloads)

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#331 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 11:00 PM
The only thing that could POSSIBLY make this better would be if I could design all of the life stages this mod involves (child/teen/young adult) in CAS in advance, including sliders, hair, etc, then have the mod automatically apply the appropriate Sim data when a birthday occurs. XD That way, I wouldn't have to worry about how strange my teen's mouth looks as a child, or the skinniness of his jaw as an adult. etc... Yes, I dream big.
Scholar
#332 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:10 PM
I think something is wrong with this mod in my game - or I'm not sure if I'm using this mod right, but I really want to use it so I'll persist with it.
I have a child whose height I set at 3 using Cmar's Height Slider.
As soon as I turn on your mod, I check the slider number and it went downt to -239. I even saw the child shrink when she was sleeping.
Is this meant to happen?
She is shorter than her younger brother now and her voice is very high lol.
I have the Cmar compatibility tuning in, but to be honest I have no idea what is suppose to happen initially when I first turn on the mod.
Even when 1am comes round, the child's doesn't look any taller. And Cmar's height slider number is still at -239. Is this suppose to change?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Test Subject
#333 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:49 PM
i want to make a tall sim but when i enable grow mod on that sim, it resets the height to original. any help?
Test Subject
#334 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 12:09 PM
Hi!
First of all, sorry about my English, I'm Spanish
This mod is.... unbelievable! I'm speechless! I can't wait to try it, and my son is urging me to install it because he also wants to use it.... and he never had played with kids/teens before! LOL!

Well, my question is about Buzzler's Aging Manager http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=447628
I play the epic lifespan and I use that mod. I don't know if you noticed, but every time a baby is born, the bar of their aging stage doesn't start from "zero". This is more obvious when you use a longer lifespan, because my babies are born 4 days old, or 2 days old, or 7 days old, etc. Same thing happens after every birthday, so I use Buzzler's mod to reset my sims' bars to zero.
Say that maybe I also get tired of waiting for one particular sim's age stage to change to the next and use Buzzler's mod again to accelerate the process.

If I install your mod, should I turn it off for one particular sim when I'm changing his/her aging state? Should I use the !CLEAN UP option? Would it be better no to have both mods installed together at all?

Thanks for reading my message :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:57 PM
Awesome mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#336 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:43 PM
I would love one for pets. <3
Test Subject
#337 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by theapoo
I just wanted to say that I am having the same problem. I installed Cmar's height slider, the compatibility XML, and the latest version of the base mod. I have checked to make sure I am typing the cheat code in correctly. When I first load up the game I get "ERROR: no height slider found" and "XML hardcoded, no tuning file loaded" even thought I put the tuning file in my mods folder. Do I have to wait until 1 AM for my sims to start growing again with this height slider?

EDIT: The last time I loaded up the game I did not get either of the errors and when I typed consortgrow into the cheat console, I got the message "Mod already active." However, I still did not see a menu when I clicked on my child or teen sims. I waited to see if they would be updated but they never were. It doesn't seem like the mod, or maybe the slider, is working for me.

Hi I have the same problem and deleting the cache's didn't help. I even got rid of Cmar's height slider and it still read the error plus when I type in consortgrow I get the same message but it was still not in the menu when I hit a child or teen. I really would like for this to work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#338 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 11:26 PM
Ok is this compatible with Nrass Story Progression?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#339 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM
You are awesome!
Test Subject
#340 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aiesha1230
Hi I have the same problem and deleting the cache's didn't help. I even got rid of Cmar's height slider and it still read the error plus when I type in consortgrow I get the same message but it was still not in the menu when I hit a child or teen. I really would like for this to work

I don't why, it works for me.
Lab Assistant
#341 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM
Eventually, I start having a stuttering-type freeze at 1 a.m. every night. I was using both this and the Age mod, and the freeze only stops if I remove them or use iCleanup and start over. The problem comes back after a few days even if I start over. It's like all sims move in a repetitive, jerky fashion for about an hour or two. It stops around 2 or 3 a.m. Anybody know of a way to prevent this without removing the mods?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#342 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 11:58 PM
I started using this mod and it's a wonderful feature to have in game. But as soon as I switched it on, my Sims in general stretched out much taller than they used to be (even those the mod is not intended to work on like adults or elders). My teen sim who aged up to YA was HUGE in CAS (Master Controller). How comes? It's sad because I don't really like to use the mod this way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#343 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Merinleona : 3rd Nov 2015 at 5:33 PM.
Thanks a lot for this mod =)
how exactly does the mod calculate the height of my Sims? Can it calculate that if my aging is off, since the game only says remaining time forever, does the mod still get a value then, so my children can be at different heights?
Edit: Yes it works
Lab Assistant
#344 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:22 PM Last edited by Slevin_USA : 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:18 AM.
I take it this is not working for 1.69?

I take it this is a core-mod?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#345 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 1:38 AM
I would like everyone to know that this is a pure scripting mod and compatible with 1.69

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#346 Old 8th May 2016 at 6:22 PM
I can't thank you enough for this mod, I have been using it since November and I honestly can't imagine my game without it, you are a LIFE SAVER!! Thank you <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#347 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:39 PM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 8:18 AM
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod. I was wondering, if we do not tune it to allow the teens to grow their genetic height, when they age to young adult..are they standard EA young adult? Or their genetic height for young adult?

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:49 PM
Awesome mod really makes the game feel more real I thank you so much :)
Lab Assistant
#350 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 6:57 PM
I cant get it to work! I tried with the zipped and unzipped file but its not working!
(1.69)
Page 14 of 15