Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1326 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 12:30 PM
Yay! I'm done!
I've made my very first mesh!! :D
But my 30-days trail was over, so I couldn't export or save -_-"
XD
Well, I know how to do it now! Thank you J.Woods!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1327 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 2:52 PM
Thank you SO much for this tutorial. It is straightforward, easy to follow and took the scariness out of managing several programmes at once. It has enthused me to have another go, this time on my own. :o
Many thanks
Test Subject
#1328 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 6:11 AM
Hi, I just started importing the file to wings3d. I tried following the tutorial but then I realized that on my wings3d program, all the options on the top bar are in cube form and in the tutorial they are all in pyramid form. Does this affect the tutorial in any way and how do I change it to pyramids?
Lab Assistant
#1329 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:24 AM
I've finished my table
Thank you for this great tutorial.My table works fine in game I only messed up the texture of the tabletop.The wood texture was supposed to go in another direction.I'll try to post a pic here of the table.It's not much to look at but I want to show it

I uploaded the picture here:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/...torialTable.jpg
Test Subject
#1330 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:14 AM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Test Subject
#1331 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Dani12095 : 13th Apr 2009 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Update
Hi I have a question about the directXc thing. I go to the website for SimPE and click the link to download it but it brings me to a blank page. Can someone please help me.

Never mind, I checked back today an i was able to download it. Now I'm gonna attempt to make the table!!!
Test Subject
#1332 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Drugice : 22nd Apr 2009 at 3:31 AM. Reason: More information
Default Need help with invisible areas
Hey! first i have to say thanks for this really good tutorial before i sharing my confusement. It was very easy to follow and it had a good way to make me understand what i did.

So, now my problem: i have some years experience with 3D modeling in my spare time, but im new to Sims2 modding. I decided to try it out and made a quick model and simple texture, but instead of making a table, i made a desk. (i used the Wings3D tutorial but modeled with Sketchup because i'm most used to that) After modeling i used all the other tools i was supposed to use, Wings3D too in the grouping and exporting part, and everything was done as should be done. but, when i imported to SimPE some of the faces were missing, i think some of the faces have been inverted or something, so they shows the inside faces which is basicly invisible in most 3D programs, but i dont know for sure, thats why i'm here to find a solution. Anyways, in all programs i opened the faces were normal and having their outside faces out...

i know posts like this comes all the time, so sorry if i'm bothering u guys.

and here are some views you may could see my problem, hope this thread arent dead yet.

EDIT: I found something that may clear up a little, when I open the OBJ file exported from Wings3D into UVMapper it comes a warning that says: "The model you have loaded contains out of range UV coordinate data" and ask me if i want to correct this. Then when i press yes/ no it seems like some faces are gone. It's like UVMapper dont want to read them so it deletes them instead... i guess thats the reason why the faces are gone/ invisible in SimPE and Sims2... D'oh

So, now i have to wait for someone to help me to solve this if i dont figure it out by myself.

Finally solved it!
the problem was in my Sketchup exporter, i forgot to export with triangles, not weird the UVMapper didn't like my model. Anyways, gotta thank JWoods a lot for this tutorial once again! My model works like it should, but looks poor since i didn't use real textures.
Just one more question/ problem to solve before i can stand on my own feets: When the model are showing in-game it's really "Smoothed", and that doesnt look so nice, there's smoothing lines all over it and i dont know how to fix that. Anyone who knows how to make it "flat" like all Original Maxis models are?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1333 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:01 AM
Dang i wish you had a tutorial maya. Which of the three progams that you use is the better one do you think?
Test Subject
#1334 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:00 PM
Hi~~~
I try to use the tutorial today.
After finish i got a problem...that is after i created the table, it shows up in the game, but the origianal one does not show in the game. I still can see it in the menu, but after i check it and want to put it in the house, it does not show up...>.<....
Can you help me to fix it??????

I using 3DS max for the mesh and photoshop for texture and SimPE 0.72.1~~~
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1335 Old 3rd May 2009 at 7:48 AM
Hey I have a problem. I can't open up the file. I can download the .rar file but I cant do anything else.
Test Subject
#1336 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2luver23
Hey I have a problem. I can't open up the file. I can download the .rar file but I cant do anything else.

U need Adobe Reader to open pdf. files

download at: Adobe

Then press the "Get ADOBE READER" button, and the rest i guess you'll be able to do by urself
Forum Resident
#1337 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:56 PM
Drugice, If you don't want smooth edges, Just don't click the ''Smooth All'' button.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1338 Old 11th May 2009 at 9:38 AM
Sorry...my english is very bad....but... in the 0.72 version of SimPE there's no
"geometric data container".

I don't now how can I go on with my work....

Beg your pardon, I don't want be "rude", but my Knowledge of the language is very low....Don't kill me, please.
Lab Assistant
#1339 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:34 PM
I used this tut but instead of making the table I made a bowl (a "Fruitless bowl" from the bowl of fruit). It worked. I was planning on shifting it into a vase but my milkshape trisl ran out!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#1340 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:41 PM
Drowsy Tiger, the "geometric data container" is also known as GMDC. I believe if you run SimPE in a small window, the words "geometric data container" may be cut off -- look for "GMDC".

guth75, I'm not sure what your milkshape has to do with this tutorial?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#1341 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:16 AM
But I Have Anim8or.....
Test Subject
#1342 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:01 AM
thanks but:
i want to thank you for this wonderful tutorial. but i have a program problem (not actually your programs). when i try to follow instructions(on the first tutorial the talking table thing), at the preview part, something appeared, (Managed DirectX Installere(installer) needed) where do i get it? free if possible. please

______JuRiK______
Test Subject
#1343 Old 21st May 2009 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Drowsy Tiger, the "geometric data container" is also known as GMDC. I believe if you run SimPE in a small window, the words "geometric data container" may be cut off -- look for "GMDC".

guth75, I'm not sure what your milkshape has to do with this tutorial?

Thank you!

Thank's a lot!
Forum Resident
#1344 Old 26th May 2009 at 12:30 PM
navalatanjjnn, Go to the SimPE website, and above where you can download the program, it will give you links to the associated programs required. Managed DirectX is one of those.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1345 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:52 PM
Hey! Your turtorial is great and very simple. Its been a great help so far, but I just have one question. I'm trying to create a desk instead of a table, using your tutorial. It's just supposed to take up one square in game to leave more room for other stuff. I'm sure its been done before. Anyway, When I got rid of the extra part of the table, the mesh came up broken. How do you make a thing to cover the whole in the meshes?
Lab Assistant
#1346 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:17 AM
the tutorial is wonderful. But SimPE hates me. That's the only explanation to all problems I run into. Thanks for the tutorials.

Forever young...
Lab Assistant
#1347 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:44 PM
Help?
Can someone help me please? I did everything that was told in tutorial but when I want to buy objects from catalog some if its parts are missing. Can anybody tell me what's the poroblem there and can I fix it? And also, my base game The talikng table is gone, the only The talking table appearing is my one. Can I get old 1 back? Help. Thanks!

Onii-chaaan! ~
Forum Resident
#1348 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
psych, You didn't give the object new GUID's, which replaced the original instead. Read over the tutorial, You'll see the part in SimPE where it goes into Object Data.

TOW, There are a few ways. You can use a ''Plane'' to cover up the area, or you can join together vertexes to cover it over. Usually people delete some of the middle part, then join the two outer sides.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1349 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:31 AM
how do i start creating a vehicle
Test Subject
#1350 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 5:56 AM
ok I've got the same problem that MissWendy had. The Milkshape files (1+2) are corrupted. I tried Numenor's idea and that didn't work. Trust me, I've had a lot of experience in downloading files. (from MTS2!!!) I think I'll need someone to send the un-corrupted files to me!! Thanks!
Page 54 of 58