Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#326 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 5:40 AM
My sim came home from work one day (was at the top of the law enforcement career, the one where they fly to work) and he was completely invisible except for his plumbob and wedding ring. xD Luckily it righted itself when he went to work next (which was like 3 days later >.>...).
Advertisement
Scholar
#327 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 9:59 AM
Igor -- Guinea Pig's daughter by alien abduction -- no longer shows Pollination Technician #88 as her other parent! I'm not sure when and why this happened, and it probably would have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for the fact another one of my sims got abducted and the resulting child would have been her half-sibling.

Is it safe to teleport in #88, set her as Igor's other parent using the SimBlender, then clear her off of the lot?
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 10:47 PM
Hopefully this is not considered thread necromancy...but the weirdest glitch I've had was recently when I moved the Larsons into an apartment in Pleasantview. I moved the twins into the apartment, and after a few Simdays of playing moved the male twin out to live with Cassandra Goth in the Goth household. anyway after the week's rotation ended I moved that Geike guy into the vacant apartment across from the Larsons, and I noticed that the recently moved Larson brother (Jason I think his name is) was on the lot and wouldn't leave no matter what I did even though he no longer lived there. I had to keep using the multi-painting thing to keep his motives up so he wouldn't die on the lot because I have plans for him.

i hope he doesn't show up next time I play that apartment building....
Top Secret Researcher
#329 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 11:19 PM
I have three:

First: I went to give a girl that my Sim liked a backrub. Well, all of a sudden she threw a hissy fit, and next minute I know, she is giving the girl a backrub, and her arms were backwards, and they looked dislocated. But the girl liked the back rub.

Second: My sim was playing chess with another Sim. And I usually play Chess with random sims to get my friendship up. (Best way, I am telling ya) But then when I went to move my sim, my sim was still in the sitting position and my sim's hand was in the position as if she was about to make a move in the chess game. So, I went to see if moving her would work. No. She sat in the chair as if she was still moving from the chess table, and her head was turned towards the wall, as she talked to the others watching TV.

Third: My sim was talking to another sim, and her head was turned enough that she looked like she was some sort of owl. I was like:

"What is wrong with her head?!"

But yeah.

Make that four

Forth: In story mode (PS2) I have this male Sim, and I was getting bored, so I just decided to stop story mode, and went to do my own thing. My sim had just got done cooking. Next minute I know, I see my Story Mode Sim, walk into my house. Eat. Use the restroom and just left. I was like..."Wth just happened..."

>.>

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#330 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 11:54 PM
Deryn, that's a standard apartment glitch. Use "move_objects on/off" to delete him, and all will be fine; the interior of his apartment will disappear, and he'll function normally on his own lot.

He will have bad memories of passing out, wetting himself, and so on if those things happen before he gets deleted. This is all normal.

So are the "chess arm," "owl head," and "backwards backrub," common animation glitches which AFAIK don't have larger implications. Really freaky to see the first time, though. Somebody recently posted somewhere (Random Questions? Things I discovered today?) how to fix it; but they generally just shake out in a little while.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#331 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM
Glitch that's scared me the most?

Screen turning Sims blue and the cursor in "game is saving" mode.
Theorist
#332 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 8:34 AM
I decided to use the batbox to rename one sim. When I changed its first name, I suddenly noticed that first names of other sims in the household changed to it, too. Then I had my sim open the phonebook, and saw that ALL sims in the phonebook had that first name now!

After quitting without saving, all the names were restored back to sanity.
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:27 PM
Thanks Peni, that's a relief because I really hoped that that Sim wasn't screwed up because he is destined to bring Cassandra Goth much happiness after her long suffering from her discovery of Don Lothario's infidelity.
Scholar
#334 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 10:02 AM
Apparently security alarms have gained sentience: one of my households just got a pop-up from theirs stating that it was done for the day.
Mad Poster
#335 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Apparently security alarms have gained sentience: one of my households just got a pop-up from theirs stating that it was done for the day.

Oh dear. Do you have any Servos? You might want to power them down before they become self aware too and turn on their human masters.
Field Researcher
#336 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 6:53 AM
I have a small glitch thats bothering me.I sent my female family sim downtown too the FM club and when i zoomed in on the bathroom I noticed the green Bathroom stalls has text and numbers where the handles and knobs should be.I never noticed it till last night.I have all EP's and SP's installed except M&G.I checked my objects package file for corruption.But nothing has changed and its not corrupt.So I'm a bit miffed and confused why that is there.Its only on the bathroom stalls and nothing else lol.Odd oh and my sims tend too move fast sometimes for no reason.Example...mother and father were growing baby up too toddler and the dad was clapping real fast like when you see a sim cheat on another o.O,also happened with the chef downtown too.Maybe its Apartment Life cause I never seen this with the other EP's
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#337 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simkat
I have a small glitch thats bothering me.I sent my female family sim downtown too the FM club and when i zoomed in on the bathroom I noticed the green Bathroom stalls has text and numbers where the handles and knobs should be.I never noticed it till last night.I have all EP's and SP's installed except M&G.I checked my objects package file for corruption.But nothing has changed and its not corrupt.So I'm a bit miffed and confused why that is there.Its only on the bathroom stalls and nothing else lol.Odd oh and my sims tend too move fast sometimes for no reason.Example...mother and father were growing baby up too toddler and the dad was clapping real fast like when you see a sim cheat on another o.O,also happened with the chef downtown too.Maybe its Apartment Life cause I never seen this with the other EP's

It means the game is missing the link to the appropriate texture. The texture will still be there (as you said, the objects.package is still the same). Try deleting groups cache and the other cache files and see if that helps.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#338 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:41 PM
1. (a glitch I have already mentionned in another thread) I played a household with newborn children. Neighbours came to welcome the family and one of them held the baby girl. Suddenly he decided he was too hungry to stay and left, still holding the baby. I thought he might drop it before he leaves, but he didn't. At the moment he left, the baby disappeared from the family tree. I quit without saving.

2. Also in Strangetown, there is this Smith family (whose father is alien). Their daughter is an adult now and lives together with her adopted sister, her husband and her two children. When I visited them once, I immediately received a pop-up with the message that is was too late for someone to stay. However, none of them knew this man and he wouldn't leave the lot. He just stood there for hours as if he waited for something to happen and noone could interact with him. At the end of the day, I got another pop-up of him saying goodbye, still he would not leave.
While he was standing around the nanny came to look after the children but would wait outside. She had to be greeted to take care of the children. Adults came back from work, but the car would not come and she would not leave otherwise. She just went nervously around, from one corner of the room to the other and back again, then to another room just to keep going around, and so on. My sims could still interact with her in some way, but nothing helped. I finally let the family move out and in again.

3. My newest family is the first one to have break-ups and re-marriages. The mother of four children, Tessa, broke up with her husband Simon and married her secret love Nina who had been living with the family for a while, but is not related to anyone of them. But ALL of Tessa's children now have the memory that their mother Tessa has been added to the family and not Nina. Tessa has the memory that Nina and her own children have been added to the family. Nina only has the memory of Tessa being added to the family. Seems, noone knows who they are related to. LOL
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:42 PM
Before viewing this picture:
-I had no CC installed in my game.
-Brandi Broke was a Werewolf.

Picture:

After viewing this picture:
-0_0

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Field Researcher
#340 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:11 AM Last edited by simkat : 6th Jan 2012 at 4:05 AM. Reason: Picture added
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It means the game is missing the link to the appropriate texture. The texture will still be there (as you said, the objects.package is still the same). Try deleting groups cache and the other cache files and see if that helps.

I did that and its still there.I don't know how too fix it.Only started when I installed AL and its only the bathroom stalls LOL everything else is fine.Think AL has more issue than any other EP too be honest.Thanks for your suggestion though
Screenshots
Banned
#341 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 4:59 AM
Gaah, I hate when all of the natural terrain turns into some weird random texture from the game.
Mad Poster
#342 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
Gaah, I hate when all of the natural terrain turns into some weird random texture from the game.

Uh oh, that's what happened to show me that my chip couldn't take Sims 2. May want to get that looked at.
Banned
#343 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Uh oh, that's what happened to show me that my chip couldn't take Sims 2. May want to get that looked at.
Uh oh, really? I'm able to play flawlessly most of the time, with the exception of CC errors and people using the force to pick things up, but my game usually runs fine. It only runs slowly when I get bored and spawn the entire 'hood on my lawn.
Mad Poster
#344 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
Uh oh, really? I'm able to play flawlessly most of the time, with the exception of CC errors and people using the force to pick things up, but my game usually runs fine. It only runs slowly when I get bored and spawn the entire 'hood on my lawn.

Hmm. My problem was that my neighborhood terrain was blue and when I went onto individual lots, random textures would show up on the ground instead of grass.
Test Subject
#345 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 8:31 PM
I think my biggest Sims glitch was when I re-installed my game. The thing is, I'm Englaish and French. So I had installed my game in English, but when I re-installed it - in French - my neibourhood that I had spent months building, customising, and installing families in, went all wonky after I re-installed it. Every thing looked them same : all my sims seemed fine... exept... all my sims names' had changed to weird common names ! Luckly, when I went on SimPE, all the names were still there. They just didn't appear normaly in the game. (For example, my character Andraste Cordelune turned into Marie Fabre.) I then spent four days re-saving every sims, once at the time, because overwise it didn't work...

I also have this annoying thing in my neighbouhood : my lakes and rivers look like blue blocks... But I think it might be because my graphics card is a little rubbish.
Instructor
#346 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emelina Bell
all my sims names' had changed to weird common names !

In the Swedish translation all the townies have Swedish names, but in the original version townies have pretty "Multi-Cultural" names. Perhaps, they translators think the game is for kids so they can not pronounce such a weird name. (Such as for exampe, Abhijeet Choo.) Then again we have lots of immigrants in Sweden.
Field Researcher
#347 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
In the Swedish translation all the townies have Swedish names, but in the original version townies have pretty "Multi-Cultural" names. Perhaps, they translators think the game is for kids so they can not pronounce such a weird name. (Such as for exampe, Abhijeet Choo.) Then again we have lots of immigrants in Sweden.

It's the same for German... sims have been given weird names, although as far as I know, it's better than in Sims 1. Already the name "Friedbert Kurios" (the blonde brother of Pascal Curious, don't know his real name but I really hope that it's better than the German translation) O.o
Mad Poster
#348 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 2:38 PM
I think Friedbert is better than Vidcund, which is what he got. It's not even a real name, though it's a plausible anglicization of the Norwegian "Vidkun." Unfortunately, the only Vidkun any American ever heard of was Vidkun Quisling.

It's interesting that, instead of translating "Curious," the German translators chose to change to a phonetic German spelling which is meaningless, but looks vaguely Greek.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#349 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's interesting that, instead of translating "Curious," the German translators chose to change to a phonetic German spelling which is meaningless, but looks vaguely Greek.

Kurios is a german (well, we use it but it's latin as far as I know) word and it means 'strange', 'funny' in English.

Friedbert though is a name that was used maybe 80 years ago in germany...only very old people still have it. That's the same with almost any german names in the game. Most of them are not used anymore but I always thought they are what the translators of the game THOUGHT are common names in germany.

I like them a lot though I have a list of replacement names loaded. Back in TS1 Mortimer Goth was called Winfried Grusel...Noone in germany would at that time have called his child Winfried but middle aged people still were called that. Grusel means something like 'scare' or 'horror' but in a mild form...great and funny. Ah, back in the days...:D

DasRabennest

~ You can't prove courage without fright ~
Test Subject
#350 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:51 PM
Checking sims relationships on simsPE. It seems that some townies are parents to dogs and cats. wtf.
Page 14 of 25