Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#351 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 4:36 PM
The townie being parents to dogs and cats reminded me of some glitches I've found in SimPE: Lucy Burb being Mortimer Goth's mother, and being related in some way to all the dead Goth ancestors. Beatrice and Benedick Monty being Olivia Monty's Aunt/Uncle instead of the other way around. Hamlet Dane (Cornwall Capp's father) being listed as Isabella Monty's brother and uncle to all her children.

Sad to say, at this point I'm not even surprised with all the mistakes and screwups they made with this game.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#352 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseBleueDuRosierSec
Checking sims relationships on simsPE. It seems that some townies are parents to dogs and cats. wtf.
Your neighborhood is corrupted.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Lucy Burb being Mortimer Goth's mother, and being related in some way to all the dead Goth ancestors. Beatrice and Benedick Monty being Olivia Monty's Aunt/Uncle instead of the other way around. Hamlet Dane (Cornwall Capp's father) being listed as Isabella Monty's brother and uncle to all her children.
Yours is probably corrupted, too.
Instructor
#353 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:57 PM
Yeah, those relationships can be weired. When I was looking around in SimPE I saw that one of my children was in love with an adult in the ´hood who he didn´t even know. So I opend up the game and used Phae´s Phone Book so he could look up her number. I was curious to see whether he still would consider her a lover once he actually knew her. Luckily he didn´t and when I checked their relationships in SimPE the "love" wasn´t tagged anymore. And this happend in a fairly new custom ´hood. Now I have decided to not look at relationships in SimPE anymore... gives me headache.
Mad Poster
#354 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:09 PM
Mootilda, if that is a result of corruption, then its part of the corruption that comes with the pre-made neighborhoods. I hadn't played the game at that point, I was just going through SimPE to fix missing skin tones and fixing the crap that the HoodChecker finds before the pre-made neighborhoods are played for the first time. I had remembered that someone at Simbology had mentioned that Lucy was listed as Mortimer Goth's mother, and wanted to fix that before I played the neighborhood so it wouldn't cause issues down the road.
Test Subject
#355 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 9:46 PM
Mootilda, I started this hood two weeks ago and I have not deleted anything nor used hacks yet. I don't know how I corrupted the game I think I am going to back-up and try to fix it.
Instructor
#356 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 11:11 PM
I don´t want to question what Mootilda is saying, but seriously; this is a game, its supposed to be fun isn´t it? Despite the fact that I play in a safe way, where I avoid doing stupid things, my ´hood is obviously corrupt. This could make me cry, but I´m really thinking that the best thing to do is to enjoy the ´hood as long as you have the opportunity. When it implodes you can either try to recreate it or start with something completely new. But all those worries about neighborhood corruption almost ruineded the game for me. It wasn´t fun anymore - just a source of worries. I definately appreciate that people at this community have let me know about VBT´s, but if you do your best and yet fails, hearing that your ´hood is corrupt is really depressing... This game obviously has lot of problems, but isn´t it more constructive and hopeful to talk about the opportunities you actually have to recreate the ´hood somewhere if you will have to somewhere in the future? Of course the best thing would be if someone could figure out how to totally stop neighborhoods from getting corrupted, but that doesn´t sound realistic, does it? Just my thoughts...
Mad Poster
#357 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 11:53 PM
I completely see your point, and for a lot of players, neighborhood corruption may really not be a big deal, because they tend to turn 'hoods over regularly anyway.

However, for those who want and need long-term stability (megahood, Legacy, and BACC players as a few examples), these issues really cannot be ignored. For those, it's not enough to simply avoid VBTs and hope for the best, because the game really does ship with a lot of problems right out of the gate! You can do everything right, and nothing wrong, and still end up screwed because of the corruption that's already in the game before you do a darned thing.

The solution I see to that is to use cleaned neighborhood templates. My favorites are these: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal....030.html#cutid1
They can be used alone, as better, more stable replacements for the default 'hoods, or combined in a DIY merged 'hood.

I think these cleaned 'hoods need to be emphasized more. Otherwise, this thread can only go so far in helping players keep a stable game.
Theorist
#358 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dieKristina
Despite the fact that I play in a safe way, where I avoid doing stupid things, my ´hood is obviously corrupt. This could make me cry, but I´m really thinking that the best thing to do is to enjoy the ´hood as long as you have the opportunity. When it implodes you can either try to recreate it or start with something completely new.

However, recreating a hood takes a lot of time. You need to copy all your sims via SimPe, if you use custom townies you need to copy all townies, and you need to make sure that all your custom lots were packaged, so that you could reinstall them. The worst thing is when you have to recreate personalities for your custom townies, it takes a lot of time of fixing them via SimPe. This is why I personally dread the time when my hood stops loading. And it's bound to happen in the distant future (because four of my character files are missing). Who wants so much work to do, just to continue playing?
Field Researcher
#359 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DasRabennest
Kurios is a german (well, we use it but it's latin as far as I know) word and it means 'strange', 'funny' in English.

Friedbert though is a name that was used maybe 80 years ago in germany...only very old people still have it. That's the same with almost any german names in the game. Most of them are not used anymore but I always thought they are what the translators of the game THOUGHT are common names in germany.

I like them a lot though I have a list of replacement names loaded. Back in TS1 Mortimer Goth was called Winfried Grusel...Noone in germany would at that time have called his child Winfried but middle aged people still were called that. Grusel means something like 'scare' or 'horror' but in a mild form...great and funny. Ah, back in the days...:D

DasRabennest

I've just recently reinstalled TS1 and their family name is "von Spinnweb" and Bella is called Julia... the name Grusel is used in TS2. What a replacement list do you have? I'm still searching for a good list to get rid of some weird townie names...
Instructor
#360 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 12:26 PM
Darby: Well I´m not the kind of player who switch ´hood regulary. In fact I love my custom ´hood and want to play it as long as possible. I´m very attached to it. But I just don´t see the point worrying about neighborhood corruption unless it´s something you can affect. For example; I used empty templates (and clean templates when I attached a pre-made University), I´m careful which hacks I install, I never delete sims or tombstones and I never place occupied lots in the house bin. I have done everything I can really. So I have two options: 1) Abandon this ´hood and start fresh again. But if I did that I would have to accept that even that new ´hood soon would probably show small signs of corruption. In aother words; if I chose that way it would kind of be the same as accepting that I can´t play a ´hood for a long time. 2) I can just ignore the small signs of corruption and try to jut enjoy my ´hood anyway. Perhaps I actually will be able to do so for a very long time. In my opinion this sounds like the most hopeful way to go.

Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
However, recreating a hood takes a lot of time. You need to copy allyour sims via SimPe, if you use custom townies you need to copy all townies, and you need to make sure that all your custom lots were packaged, so that you could reinstall them. The worst thing is when you have to recreate personalities for your custom townies, it takes a lot of time of fixing them via SimPe. This is why I personally dread the time when my hood stops loading. And it's bound to happen in the distant future (because four of my character files are missing). Who wants so much work to do, just to continue playing?

But what other options do you have? Like I said to Darby I have tried to do everything to avoid corruption but yet I not quite succeed. I am extreamly attached to my ´hood so I am not going to abandon it. That´s out of question. I will recreate it. The question however is when. I could do that right now, when I only can see small signs of corruptio, or I can do it later, when I really have to, that is when the ´hood implodes. If I chose the latter it will obviously be a lot more work for me to do, but it will probably allow me to enjoy this version of the ´hood for a pretty long time. The word "enjoy" is important here as this is a game. To constantly worry is definitely something that takes away the fun and prevents me from enjoying to play.
Test Subject
#361 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 1:49 PM
A few days ago I moved my sim into a pond with moveobjects on, and when she was totally underwater she lost her hair. When I took her out of the water everything was ok. :P
Lab Assistant
#362 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
I've just recently reinstalled TS1 and their family name is "von Spinnweb" and Bella is called Julia... the name Grusel is used in TS2.

Your're right, aliceclaire, probably my brain is too old to even remember their names correctly. But 'von Spinnweb' is somehow even more funny than 'Grusel'...

Quote:
What a replacement list do you have? I'm still searching for a good list to get rid of some weird townie names...

I'm quite sure it was on this site...let's see...ah, found it! It's here and I like the names in there a lot. They're not german though but I don't really care for that as I hear german day in day out in my real life. :D

DasRabennest

~ You can't prove courage without fright ~
Field Researcher
#363 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasRabennest
They're not german though but I don't really care for that as I hear german day in day out in my real life. DasRabennest

Same for me
Test Subject
#364 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:58 AM
My oddest glitch came about on a honeymoon vacation, though I chalked it up to a conflict with any combination of hacks or game mods I have installed.

My created Sim Asher wished for romance and met Meadow Thayer (at the time a teenager). After inviting her to move in, shipping her to college, and graduating, they married and took a honeymoon. At one point, Meadow wanted to take a tour with her husband, only he never came back. Rather panicked, I sent her back to their hotel, where I found Asher waiting for her, only his portrait had him set as Meadow's pet, with limited reactions. I had to enable ControlPets and TestingCheats in order to make him selectable, force an error, then have Meadow leave the lot with him obediently in tow. He returned to standard playability after that.

Admittedly I was tempted to leave him as her pet wondering how far to play the "Venus in Furs" scenario, except that I had a different storyline in mind for Asher.
Test Subject
#365 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM
Just now discovering that the game is eating all of my custom contents for build and buy mode...oddly enough, all my bodyshop stuff works properly. Thankfully I can still see the files in my "downloads" folder, they're just not showing up in-game.
Here's to hoping I can fix it!
Scholar
#366 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:36 PM
Carolyns-Mewmix, do you have the CEP? A lot of CC objects require it.

If not, that might be why the objects aren't showing up in-game. Just a thought
The other possibility may be that the filenames are too long. This usually happens when you have subfolders in subfolders. Maybe check to see if that's what's causing it (I had that very problem for some things).
The latter would also explain build items (you didn't mention what types of build mode CC you had, so I can only guess) that don't require CEP.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#367 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 9:05 PM Last edited by maxon : 28th Jan 2012 at 9:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Carolyns-Mewmix, do you have the CEP? A lot of CC objects require it.

No they don't. The only objects that require the CEP to see recolours are Eaxis objects that don't have recolours by default. I know this for sure because I only installed the CEP in my game for the first time ever earlier this year (because I wanted some specific recolours and I'd got tired of chasing round for independent versions of the fixes Numenor included) but it also says so in big bold letters on the CEP thread. I have been playing the game since 2004 and have never once had trouble seeing custom objects and their recolours. CEP generally does much less in this regard than people think though the fixes and some of the other stuff Numenor rolled into the mod are very useful.

The other possibility may be that the filenames are too long. This usually happens when you have subfolders in subfolders. Maybe check to see if that's what's causing it (I had that very problem for some things).

This is also not usually a problem for me though it might be an issue with Macs.

It sounds more to me that the OP of this issue has simply got the CC check disabled in game. I'd suggest looking at the opening screen after the game loads, checking CC is enabled, if it isn't clicking the option to enable it and then closing the game and reloading.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#368 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:05 PM
That's certainly possible, but the OP did say that Bodyshop items are working - if CC is disabled, wouldn't they also be disabled?

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#369 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:16 PM
That's certainly possible, but the OP did say that Bodyshop items are working - if CC is disabled, wouldn't they also be disabled?

Because the game only disables CC that changes game behaviour in some way - hacks and objects with new interactions is what that is aimed at. EAxis implemented it because so many people were DL out of date global hacks included with lots off the Exchange (because the cr*ptastic packing system EAxis created includes them) and then whinging on the BBS about how their games weren't working or were jumping all the time (the sign of an error happening). It's also why it became a bad thing, in the modding sims community, to create global hacks and one of the reasons the Clean Installer was created - in fact, that's how it got its name. The disablement routine does also disable random stuff but usually objects. Bodyshop stuff is usually unaffected, as are walls, terrain paints and floors.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#370 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:18 PM
When I downloaded some clothes and didn't get the mesh, I changed my sim into one of those outfits and she ended up just being a floating head haha.
Test Subject
#371 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Carolyns-Mewmix : 28th Jan 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: fixed!
EDIT
FIXED! Turns out the filenames WERE too long. Such a finicky game, this one. Thanks for the help, guys! ♥
Test Subject
#372 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 1:42 PM
When I wanted to send my teen to school and she was late so I used the "moveobjectson" cheat to block the bus with the trash can.
it went well, she rode the bus and the bus engine is still on (the noise) but when i removed the trash can the bus didn't move and
just froze there with the engine still on, i couldn't get my sim out and i made the mistake of saving while she's in the bus so she died.
even when she's dead the bus didn't move.
Lab Assistant
#373 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:15 PM
This happened a long time ago but I was playing a family and they had two kids a child and a toddler well the toddler kept going in one of the bathrooms and just as she was about to transform into a child she just froze and got stuck. I was still able to click on her but couldn't do anything so she ended up being a statue until I moved that family out and into another house, havent had that problem since.
Test Subject
#374 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:23 PM
When my toddler got stuck onto my sim. It took like 5 minutes to get it back to normal.
Test Subject
#375 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:47 AM
Teen agers that were stuck as teenagers after you moved them to a lot in university. fortunately i was able to move them back to college again via the phone before they auto grew up
Page 15 of 25