Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7051 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 6:54 PM
Justice Larsen-Neighbour had a dramatic birthday gathering. It started out good - everyone he invited but one were able to come, he grew up well, there was cake, and after the cake people started gathering upstairs around the bar and the stereo.

I saw that the room had one of those fire-things that sims can grill marshmallows on, and made the fatal decision to put it on, it being a special occasion and all, and then not think any more of it until it made the room catch fire. While everyone else was panicking, Cappuchino Neighbour decided it was time to leave and strolled out with a casual "see you".
I scrambled to get the playable sims away from the fire, and managed to direct the teens of the house to run downstairs and call the fire station. On the first floor was also Nextdoor Neighbour, who'd been playing Mishuno by himself during all of this.
Justice, however, caught fire, so I directed his roommate Picasso Melinder to try and put the fire out, but to no avail. Justice passed away. That had been my other reason to keep one person upstairs, though, in case someone needed to plead for his life.

"Have a heart, man, it's his birthday."
Picasso won, and Justice prevailed.

Justice immediately went to give his rescuer a hug, and then went downstairs to have cake.

The people left started making their way home due to low hygiene, save for Nextdoor who had been away from the fire. The next day, Justice called his friend Apple, who hadn't been able to come to the gathering since she'd been at work. I can only imagine how that conversation sounded. "You missed out on a lit party. I mean it."

I am Error.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7052 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 6:19 AM
Blossom Moonbeam, William Williamson and Klara Vonderstein in the dorms. Klara and Blossom paint a lot. William works in the cafe. They do good in Uni. A non-playable dormie got stuck doing nothing and got heatstroke and I had to save his butt by making him playable temporarily. Blossom and Trevor (one of the LGU dormies I can't be bothered to change all their names, sorry) got engaged! They graduated.

DJ Verse and Sam Thomas are in on campus housing together. DJ wrote a novel. It didn't go well, but she won't be discouraged. It was only her first! She also loves to paint. Sam enjoys pottery. They are doing well in Uni.

Making rules for sims to get into Uni and such and making religions for my game to make stuff more interesting and complex. Also made a park for sim kids. I'm working on making the religion lots and stuff.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7053 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 2:09 PM
I spent some time in the elegantly decorated townhome of Dina Goth. Her house has everything, including a downstairs rec room with pool table and pinball machine, but I had to take out the bar or otherwise Dina would do nothing but drink. Dina lives with one of her adult twin daughters, Sophie. Her other daughter, Danielle, lives next door with her boyfriend, Bobby Broke. Danielle and Sophie are about as different from each other as night and day. Danielle is sophisticated and poised and had three lovers in college; she looks like a brunette version of Dina. Sophie is gawky and tomboyish and didn't get her first kiss until after college graduation; she has the green skin of Dina's ancestors. Sophie had just gotten married to the girl who gave her that first kiss, Jane Stacks. When I went back to the house, it was the day after the wedding, and Jane and Sophie both wanted to adopt a baby. Jane called the adoption agency and then they turned Sophie's office into a nursery. Sophie is a writer and journalist, and Jane is an artist.

Dina got home from work and wanted to buy a bird, which she named Lazuli and then ignored. She invited Don over, but her stamina isn't what it used to be so she fell asleep on the couch while Don played pool. Later Jane chatted for a while with Don in the hot tub because she wants to be friends with everyone in Sophie's life. Dina woke up from her "nap" to have a little fun with Don, after which he promptly went home. The next day was Sophie's day off, and Jane stayed home too, to welcome the new baby who is named Garret. Jane did most of the childcare while Sophie tried to increase her logic skill. Dina didn't take any interest in the baby except to declare that she wasn't changing any dirty diapers. She wanted to invite Don over again after work but fell asleep on the sofa before she could.

Garret spent the next day with the nanny while everyone was at work, and that evening he aged up to a toddler and got all the toys. Dina again fell asleep before she could invite Don over and didn't even participate in the birthday, but she did play with her bird some. Sophie and Jane woohooed after the birthday, and now Jane wants to adopt another child, but Sophie will have to agree to that first and she doesn't seem very interested in having another baby right away.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7054 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 2:22 PM
Today I was playing the Nouveau-Riche family and who should turn up to steal the newspaper, but Mr Sim Sample Esq.
He has a bit of a feud going on with Babbage II the servo butler.

Scholar
#7055 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 4:34 AM
Ripp Grunt lost his virginity and Nevyn Muenda-Reaper decided he prefers men.

Strangetown has some more affordable apartments now, so Tank and Ripp moved out of their expensive condo. Tank invited Esther Corsillo over to the new place, but rolled no romantic wants for her (she wears glasses, which turns him off). Then Ida Juana called to invite him downtown, so he and Ripp met up with her and some other college friends at Sugar Cube Bowling. Ripp decided to try his luck with Ida Juana, and finally stepped hopefully into the photo booth. Ida Juana was heading to the bar by then, and for a minute I thought she was going to ignore his request, but she finally mooched over, climbed in and made Ripp's day - then afterwards she just casually wandered off and ignored him! Not very romantic, but Ripp was happy enough.

Nevyn wanted to get married but didn't have anyone in mind, so he took $5000 out of the bank and called the gypsy matchmaker. She summoned Professor Denene someone, saying they were a perfect match - but the date was a disaster! Most of the things Denene wanted to do weren't available, presumably because they didn't know each other well enough, and despite wanting to play with Nevyn, she twice turned him down for one of the few 'play' options available! This pushed him over the edge into a nervous breakdown, and Denene went off to play chess while the therapist was with him. She never wants to see him again and the feeling is mutual. Poor Nevyn! His interest in females generally is negative now. Probably the worst $5000 any Sim of mine has ever spent!
Scholar
#7056 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 3:13 PM Last edited by sturlington : 18th Oct 2021 at 10:11 PM.
Previously, I was kind of driving myself crazy trying to keep ages in sync, using spreadsheets and rotations--I just decided that makes the game less fun for me. So I have adjusted my thinking about Sim ages. In my game, Sims don't really have an age--they are just in a different stage of life, and the transition between stages isn't gradual but is as abrupt as it appears to be. So it's only important to kind of keep people in the same generation in the same life stage, or at least don't let anyone get too far ahead.

Now what's interesting to me is that only the initial life stages have the same duration for everyone, but at teen they become variable (I have a mod that varies the adult number of days in the same way as for elders). Well, babies can vary a little depending on what time of day they are born. But teens are unique in that they are the only life stage that can choose when they want to move on. (I guess YAs can, too, but very few of my Sims choose to drop out of college.) So I decided that once they have their teen birthday and then get that popup about studying hard for college, my teens can go to college at any point provided they are ready (or have the want to go) and are qualified. They need at least one scholarship and grades higher than D. And if they are starting to get to the end of the teen stage and getting those popups about going to college but they don't have a scholarship, their parents can pay the tuition if they can afford it, but the teen still has to want to go. All this is to say that some teens stay teens for a while and some go to college right away depending on their goals, and I'm liking the variety of that.

So I was thinking about all of this while I was playing Jennifer Burb's house. David Ottomas moved out a while ago, having realized that his relationship with Jennifer was unhealthy, and is now back living with his parents, but he left his kids with Jennifer because she had the means to provide for them. Jennifer became quite close to her grandchildren and enjoyed having them in the house, and it also helped her re-establish her relationship with Lucy, who would come over to visit. (Dirk, that scoundrel, is also friends with Jennifer and right now Lucy is furious at him because he autonomously kissed Jennifer in front of her, but Jennifer actually apologized to Lucy for his behavior--which she did not provoke--and is not going down that road with another son-in-law.) Kaitlin went to college a while back with her girlfriend, Annmarie Broke, so it was just Jennifer and Wilbur in the house for a while. Wilbur is a handsome young man who had some goals to fulfill. He achieved them with Madaline Broke--a date, a first kiss, a make-out session, and falling in love. (Madaline is Annmarie's older sister but she was more interested in amassing boyfriends than going to college for quite a long time, so Annmarie actually left for college before her.) Once Wilbur had checked off all his boxes, he rolled the want to go to college, and he got the Scholar's Grant, so he certainly qualified.

This left Jennifer suddenly with an empty nest and approaching the end of her days. Now Jennifer is President of her company, and she has been known to bring home young men from work for some after-hours fun. One of these men, named Elmer, she was quite attracted to, so she called him up for a date. During the date, I guess she thought about the potential loneliness of living alone, as she impulsively proposed to him and he accepted. Jennifer quickly married Elmer and promoted him to Vice President to boot. Granted, he is much younger than her, but Jennifer doesn't have much time left, and maybe Elmer can help fill those remaining days with happiness. They certainly have a lot in common, as they both share a deep love for shopping.

ETA I went and played Jennifer a little more. The day after her wedding, she wanted to hustle someone at pool, so I took her down to the corner bar. She scoped the room and wanted to talk to every young guy in the place, which she did. She asked one of them on a date, and he accepted. They went out for lunch, played chess, and had a few drinks, while at home her trophy husband was just hanging around the house waiting for her. Jennifer went home after her nice date, had some woohoo with her husband, and went right to sleep. Jennifer Burb is elder goals right now.
Scholar
#7057 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 5:43 AM
Poor Ida Juana Knowe. She's desperate to marry but just keeps picking the wrong guys. Hi asked her on a date, during which she rolled the want to marry him, but of course Hi had the corresponding fear. Later, she wanted to get engaged to Ripp, but he's not interested, either. It's a pity she didn't set her cap at Tank, who's starting to think of settling down, but it's too late for that - he won't marry her now she's been with Ripp.

JoAnn Gutenburg went into town to practise chess so she could get a promotion. She was just leaving when the Count swooped in and bit her. Her first panicked thought was what would she do for work, since she obviously couldn't keep her day job. Luckily, she had a spare aspiration bonus to use, so she chose "Give Financial Advice." Her LTW is to earn $100,000, so she'll get there eventually.
Forum Resident
#7058 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 11:53 PM
Ville Stenbock, the former "Chase GilsCarbo"-downtownie extracted from Pleasantview, finally met his Strangetown counterpart. Ville and Broadway were out eating with Broadway's younger brother, and Ville's foster son, Link Larsen. They had Broadway's sisters Zelda and Savanna and his niece Samus over as well, but when they went to the restaurant, Zelda and Samus walked off the lot and Savanna had somehow dropped out of the group and went to eat by herself before we could ask her to rejoin, so it accidentally turned into a guy's night out.
This was the day before Ville would turn into an elder, so it was the last chance for him and his look-alike Téodor Jansson to meet while identical. Ville did what anyone would do in his situation and went up to Téodor without saying a word and started dancing with him. For me, it was a win-win move: either they would dance together and it'd look funny, or Téodor would decline and things would get awkward, and that'd be funny too. But he went along with it and they became friends in record time. I highly amused myself making them interact.

The next day was Ville's as well as Broadway's birthday. Ville had some hot pics of himself in his inventory that he must have taken during a wedding he was at a while ago. I figured he wanted Broadway to have them so those as well as a perfume were his birthday presents to him, while Broadway gave Ville an armchair.

Later, the two had a little gathering with some of their respective friends, including Téodor, and grew up to elders.

General Buzz Grunt and Stardust Neighbour are both in the end of their lifespans, so Buck Grunt and Stardust's daughter Strummer Neighbour invited their respective parents for a possibly last proper hangout. Buzz and Stardust are actually bff's and used to be colleagues before Buzz retired, so it was a mother/daughter-, father/son- and two generations of besties'-meet-up. Buck had a glace a four in his inventory so they had some dessert, as well.

The Curious cousins brought home one Tinker twin each from school. Rosalina Curious became good friends with Andreas Tinker, which might turn into more as they have two bolts and Rosalina wants to go steady with someone. Chap Curious and Antoni Tinker became buddies as well. Chap also went to a date with a townie, or at least he tried to. As soon as the taxi stopped at their destination, she went off the lot and said the date had been fairly boring. Yeah, I didn't mean for the taxi ride to actually be the whole date, but looking at it like that, I'm sure it was.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#7059 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 12:58 AM
It's snowing in Arundel and while most residents don't go out and make snowmen, Gordon McClain did, but he got bored/confused with it and gave up before he was done. He is the owner of the Coin Trader, but he stocks flowers as well-he had quite a lot of his customers buying flowers for their spring gardens-Arundel will be in bloom in the spring, for sure!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#7060 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 2:01 AM Last edited by sturlington : 20th Oct 2021 at 1:57 PM.
At John and Brandi Burb's house, their adopted son Carey became a child. John gave him a wormrat named Jet for his birthday, but Carey won't play with him because he's afraid of being bitten. Then John and Brandi both had a day off from work, so first they woohooed on the couch and then they threw an anniversary party, which conveniently fulfilled both their lifetime wants. All of the kids and their spouses were there, except Lucy (who wasn't invited) and Bobby (who didn't show for some reason), so it also was a family reunion. It was a good party, and John, Brandi, and Carey had all turned in exhausted by 8:30 p.m.

--

This morning, I went to play Nina Caliente's house. Her daughter, Mina, just graduated from college and moved back home. Mina's father, Daniel Pleasant, passed away while she was at college. Mina is a lovely girl, just beautiful and very sweet and thoughtful. She is also gay, one of six gay women playables I know of (and I used to not have any). Two of them are engaged, two are married, and the other is Mina's niece, I think. After she found a job in the Science career, Mina wanted to go on a date, so she headed downtown to the gay bar (Lulu Lounge) to see if she could meet anyone. The place was full of women. The only guy there was poor, lonely Martin Ruben. Mina met a girl named Amber and they really hit it off, so they went out to dinner. What does a Knowledge Sim want to do on a date? Play chess, see a ghost, get a cooking skill... They played chess and it was a good date, which ended with a little kiss, a crush, and Mina suddenly having the want to woohoo. (Hey, Mina, your date is over--maybe next time.) Meanwhile, at home Nina was getting over the loss of Daniel by inviting Don over. They had drifted apart, and I think she was mad at him for a long time because she saw him with someone else, but it didn't take long until they were back in love and woohooing everywhere they could. Nina sent Don home and went to bed happy and thinking about who her next conquest might be.
Link Ninja
#7061 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:00 PM
I'm putting the wheels in motion for a bachelor auction/fundraiser for my hood. This accomplishes 1-getting these single guys a hook up in an interesting/fun way 2-An excuse to dress sims nice and take pics 3-raising funds for something new in my hood like a mental health center, dog park, community garden, or a patron fund to pay out to struggling artist sims.

Here's the loose structure I've come up with so far.
-Make a list of 'bachelor sims' I want to have sims bid for (the bachelors will then be responsible for taking whoever wins the bid out on a date!)
-Make a list of bidders, these sims are (preferably) playable (YA-Elder) sims that are single and ready to mingle, or romance sims, or just sims looking for a potential partner that hasn't found one yet.

Pick a place to hold this event, for me it's going to be the country club in one of my subhoods.

Teleport in all the bidders and the first bachelor.

Roll a 6 sided die to determine if the bidder will bid.
1-3 = no bid
4-6 = bid
Have the bidder 'flirt>check out' the bachelor because then here's a modifier:
Negative chemistry adds a -1 to bid roll, 1 bolt = +1, 2 bolts = +2, and 3 bolts = +3 so that way the bid action can align with the chemistry the bidder feels toward the bachelor.

Then for all the sims that are bidding, roll a 20-sided die.
Whoever gets the highest outcome wins the bid. If there's a tie, it's a best 2/3 value roll.
Modifier 1: If the bidder is affluent (100,000K +) they get a +3 modifier to their bid roll.
Modifier 2: If the bidder has a 7 or more interest in games then they get a +1 to their bid as they are 'competitive'

Optional to cut off a bidder at 1 win or they can try for more dates even after having won a bid.

So then, with the money transfer mod, the winning bidder sends their base bid value (from the 20 sided die) x 100 to the charity fund.

I have some other random die rolls planned that determine which place (subhood) the date takes place and what time (Morning, afternoon, evening)

But I think it's gonna be fun and provide some new drama and pairing opportunities in my hood :P

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#7062 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:28 PM
Finished making the religion lots. Made a lot with the crafting stuff (sewing, pottery etc.) plus the get a job sign thing. Also made some adoptable children.

DJ Verse and Sam Thomas are madly in love. In Uni they stayed on top of their grades, friends, and DJ wrote 3 novels and painted a lot while Sam did a lot of Pottery, getting her silver badge. Sam also loves her crossword puzzles. Sam did have a slight urge to cheat on DJ (she has romance secondary) but quickly got over it. They moved into their own home downtown, where Beulah Land came to greet them right away.

The Printer Sisters work on school and their music. Making money through music as much as they can while in Uni. They are also madly in love in a polyamorous open relationship. Andy Bellum causes mayhem in the background, as he does. Starting fights, spreading the flu, putting soap in fountains, while they play their music on campus.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#7063 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 8:33 PM
Sophia Jocque is having a tough pregnancy. I feel bad for her... my mod that makes sims wash their hands, I think was preventing her from using the toilet when her need was bottomed out. I wanted to prevent an accident for her, but the mod kept forcing her to get up and wash her hands the second she sat down on the toilet. This happened half a dozen times until she finally gave up and wet herself.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Scholar
#7064 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:31 PM
Well, things are not great in Dina's world right now. She invited Don over and he brought Nina with him. They were practically making out right in front of her, but Dina did not get the hint that they are back together. The next day, she asked Don on a date and brought up the subject of marriage again, which really upset him and he stormed out on her. Later, he left a flaming bag on Dina's porch. That lost him some points with Dina and she stopped rolling wants to do things with him, but she's still in love with him.

On a better note, she is warming up to her adopted grandson Garret. Jane taught him to potty and Sophie taught him to talk, but Dina brought him to his birthday cake. It was just a family party; Danielle came over from next door for the occasion but was supremely uninterested in children of any kind.

As a side note, Dina has a lavender sports car that I downloaded as a default replacement and I love it--it is just so Dina.
Forum Resident
#7065 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 9:17 AM
Posted this on the wrong forum. Forum titles were similar, and I'm on mobile so it was hard to tell.

Simself world, with my IRL husband & kitties as Sims.

-graduated college
-purchased a large plot of land with savings from Monique's PC to build a generational mansion home
-SS reached a high level in their career but quit to focus on raising a family, SH is still gaining promotions
-received a genie lamp, felt cheaty but wished for wealth three times, two burglaries stopped, and no longer sleeping in garage
-planned on only two kids, one boy and one girl, but SS rolled a want for a third, so an extra girl appeared
-hired a maid, it was not enough help, switched to butler
-half of lower floor of mansion done
-purchased dream car!
-waiting for eldest to age to child!

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Forum Resident
#7066 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 7:42 PM
Liana and Copernicus had their twins, two boys named Sugarpie and Honeybunch. Copernicus had spent his one vacation day to be home when they were born, so for the most part, he went to work while Liana stayed at home with the kids, which suited them well since she's a family sim and he's working to achieve his career-related LTW. He did however get a day off to spend with the twins while Liana went to her job. They grew up to interesting-looking toddlers. Definitely taking after their dad who takes after his dad who takes after his dad.

Copernicus' twin sister Brahe is happy to be an aunt.

Look Away-inator Schwissenbaum was invited Downtown and chose to go to Club Caliente and this kid, her husband's brother Julian Caliente, joined. Sure, I've been taking sim-kids clubbing before and of course he'd want to visit a club with his name, so why not. The upper-floor DJ seemed happy to have someone to play for, too.

Stardust Neighbour brought Matthew Picaso home from work and autonomously leapt into his arms so that they fell in love. Unfortunately she would later pass away due to old age, but not before the two of them had had some out-of-this-world woohoo.

The flu was going around in the Grunt/Picaso household, but fortunately the late Jessica Picaso had left some comfort soup in the fridge so her kids could get well quickly.
Anni-frid Picaso wanted to get into private school, so the headmaster was invited over the next day. She had checked the fridge for some leftovers suitable for the dinner, but when he arrived it turned out to only be a single serving. Luckily General Buzz was hungry and made himself a microwave dinner so the headmaster didn't have to eat all by himself.
After the meal, Buzz took it upon himself to show the headmaster around. As the two went out to take the outdoors stairs to the upper floor, I checked in on the other household members but it soon became clear something had happened. General Buzz' time had come. His gravestone was just at the foot of the stairs. The headmaster loitered around outside while everyone else cried over Buzz. He didn't care about the coffee Anni-frid had made and wouldn't come inside again until Matthew influenced him to tell someone a joke. Anni-frid tried schmoozing him inbetween tears. Jessica Picaso's ghost showed up to scare everyone and nearly killed Matthew. Anni-frid didn't get into private school.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7067 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 8:20 PM Last edited by sturlington : 21st Oct 2021 at 8:27 PM. Reason: fixing typos
I've gotten quite a few next-generation kids through college, so now I have 18 households in Pleasantview. It was 19, but after Mary-Sue Pleasant passed away, her boyfriend Kennedy Cox moved to Bluewater Village, and may he have a long elderhood there.

1. John and Brandi Burb, still living in Brandi's trailer and getting up there in days, with their adopted son Carey, who is now a child
2. Nina Caliente, just crossed over into elderhood, living in the same condo with her adult daughter by Daniel Pleasant, Mina
3. Kaylynn Langerak is now Kaylynn Broke--yes, Dustin actually left Angela after having an affair with Kaylynn for quite a while; her adult son with Don Lothario, Porfirio, lives with them
4. Darren and Cassandra Dreamer--Cassandra almost but not quite an elder by now--and their adult son Dexter, who was just abducted by aliens
5. Dina Goth, her daughter Sophie, Sophie's wife Jane, and their adopted son Garret
6. Jennifer Burb, her trophy husband Elmer, and her adult grandson Wilbur Ottomas
7. Peter and Samantha Ottomas and one of their twins, Rusty, who is now an adult (the other twin died of food poisoning in college); Samantha threw a hail Mary and got herself pregnant again just five days from becoming an elder
8. Dirk and Lucy Dreamer, who never have any money and live in a condo
9. Angela Broke, now divorced and living in a condo with her new boyfriend, David Ottomas
10. Trisha Traveller Sims, her husband Amin Sims, and their daughter Phillis (Trent died a long time ago from food poisoning)
11. Alexander and Lilith Goth and their adult daughter, Karla
12. Beau and Christene Broke, Beau's daughter by alien impregnation, Tanisha, and their dog Benny
13. Danielle Goth (Dina's other daughter) and her boyfriend Bobby Broke; Danielle just got pregnant
14. Ross Burb (son of John and Jennifer), his wife Tina Traveller Burb, and their son Barry
15. Tommy Ottomas, his wife Carmella Broke Ottomas (daughter of Beau and Christene), and their new baby Laurene
16. Kaitlin Ottomas (daughter of Lucy and David) and her fiancee Annmarie Broke (daughter of Dustin and Angela)
17. First set of cottage-style apartments for single Sims who can't or won't live with their parents: Madaline Broke (daughter of Dustin and Angela), Bernard Dreamer (son of Dirk and Lucy), and poor, lonely Martin Ruben
18. Second set of apartments: Don Lothario, Sharla Ottomas, and Danika Dreamer (daughter of Darren and Cassandra)
Top Secret Researcher
#7068 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 6:34 PM
River Garth came over to the printer sisters and him and Dot woohoo'd. She had kissed him autonomously on a community lot while I playing other sims. The printer sisters got sick with the flu, again, and again, to the point it was ridiculous so I cured them with the sim manipulator. The girls got through uni, in love and making music. The night before their final final exam they got robbed! They had an alarm so it woke them up and they couldn't get a full night's sleep. Their exams were early in the morning. They managed ok though and moved into their own home downtown!

The sorority at LGU consists of (sorry I couldn't be bothered to find and change the names of the LGU townies): Katelyn Oates (in love with Ida Juana), Ida Juana Knowe, Helen Wheels, and Alicia Ternynck. They get some new pledges, Crystal Parker and Nerissa Lajoie. The girls do ok in Uni and are good friends. Helen, Alicia and Ida all get into the secret society! I wasn't trying, it just happened. There is lots of bubble blowing in this Uni lol. Ida Juana graduates and moves out! Crystal Parker moves into the Greek house!

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7069 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 2:19 PM
In the Dreamer household, Dexter gave birth to a half-alien boy, Eldon. Both grandparents immediately started doting on him. It's nice to get a grandchild without having to deal with a daughter-in-law. Cassandra wanted to retire so she could take care of the baby full time, and as soon as she became an elder, that's exactly what she did. Cassandra taught Eldon how to potty, and Darren taught him how to talk. Dexter went to work--he is already very high up in the Gamer career and brings in a lot of money--but he never did catch up on his sleep and was exhausted most of the time. The day before Eldon's birthday, Darren was taken by the Grim Reaper as he got home from work. Cassandra went into aspiration failure, but she focused on Eldon to get them both through the loss. The birthday party was also a wake for Darren, and it was all family--Alexander, Dirk and Lucy, and Danika were all there. It was a good party, and the police even had to break it up.
Forum Resident
#7070 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 8:28 PM
So far in this round, Marcel and Jessie had another baby, a little girl called Lexie. Meanwhile, their teenage son Loren got close to a Downtownie teen he had a crush on called Karen. This relationship went well, until in an Aspiration Failure induced rage, he slapped her across the face

I mentioned this in a different thread, but the Nanny caused Daisy to lose her son due to leaving him home alone when he went to bed. He's going to be moving in with his Uncle Skipp when I get to him.

And on a positive note, David Caliente, in his late husband's memory, adopted a baby. I figured it could take his mind off his loss and considering that Romeo was a family sim, I figured that he and David talked about starting a family eventually. The adoptee was a boy called Doriano, I think, and he adopted another one after the boy became a toddler. Just after I saved, the baby showed and the game crashed I didn't lose anything, so that's good!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#7071 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 6:38 PM
In the Ottomas household, Samantha had her late-in-life baby, named Cinthia, which promptly sent Peter into aspiration failure--apparently, he hadn't noticed her growing baby bump? He went into aspiration failure again when he had to change Cinthia's diaper. But then he decided to play with her and cuddle her, which helped a lot. Woohoo with Samantha also helped, especially since he knows no more babies are possible.

Meanwhile, their only other child still living at home--Rusty--went on a second date with Florence Delarosa. Florence has become *the* most eligible bacherlorette for all my single male Knowledge Sims, and I have a lot of them at this point. But it looks like Rusty might win her, since it was a dream date and he booty-called her later that night. After the woohoo was over, though, he went out to stargaze and ignored Florence for the rest of the night while she unsuccessfully tried to make conversation with Samantha. I don't think Florence took it personally.
Top Secret Researcher
#7072 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 5:00 AM
A couple days ago Crystal (in the LGU sorority) choose an art major. All the girls get along great and are doing well enough in school. Crystal has taken up cooking. Nerissa Lajoie moved into the sorority and choose a drama major. Helen wheels graduated, where she waits for her girlfriend Heather Huffington in the sim bin. Ida Juana moved into a trailer (to rent) in Widespot because Katelyn, her girlfriend, won't be graduating until next round.

Taking a sim break to catch up on some other things but still thinking about them a lot!

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7073 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:30 PM
I've loaded my TOT challenge and got some work done on the service center before I had to exit the game.A few things were added to the service center.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7074 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 8:38 PM
@TadOlson Very cool- is this a new challenge you are doing? I remember you were doing a different challenge (Build a City?) also? Or are you doing them all simultaneously? I seem to lose track of what I'm doing in one neighbourhood!
Scholar
#7075 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 9:11 PM
Well, women are in mourning all over Pleasantview because Don Lothario has unfortunately succumbed to food poisoning. I believe he must have eaten bad food while visiting another Sim, or perhaps he ate out of the trash can somewhere, as he has been known to do. He did try to take it easy by not going to work and lounging all day on the bench outside his front door, only taking a little time to woohoo with his apartment neighbor Sharla Ottomas, but apparently even that was too much for him at his age, because shortly thereafter he succumbed to his illness on his bedroom floor. It was a good run for Don, and I believe he had woohooed with at least 10 Sims while managing to dodge the marriage bullet his whole life.
Page 283 of 350